Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    STOP moving people's threads.
    It is EXTREMELY annoying.

I can understand if you move the threads (delete them please) of someone claiming in the "Treo 600 Family Specific Discussion" that some piece of PocketPC garbage is going to revolutionize the smartphone industry but not the thread of some guy having problems with email on his Treo 600.

Thanks

Please post if you feel the same.
    Remember: You're a geek, normal people don't think like you!
  2.    #2  
    bump, bump
  3. PxT
    Ironic that this thread itself is in the wrong place too....

edit: and now its moved....
    Last edited by PxT; 10/10/2003 at 01:24 PM.
    or create a software section that is dedicated to the 600.
    general software does not seem to apply anymore since the 600 is so different
    Barrett
  5.    #5  
    The Treo 600 hardware rocks! Treo 600 hardware is the best! (Happy, I'm conforming to your non-specific rules)

STOP moving people's threads.
    It is EXTREMELY annoying.

I can understand if you move the threads (delete them please) of someone claiming in the "Treo 600 Family Specific Discussion" that some piece of PocketPC garbage is going to revolutionize the smartphone industry but not the thread of some guy having problems with email on his Treo 600.

Thanks

Please post if you feel the same.
  6.    #6  
    NOW STOP MOVING THREADS!

It really is.
    We will continue to move threads based on their content. It makes the site easier for everyone to use. If threads are placed in the correct place, they will not be moved. For more info, please see Miradu's announcement.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...?s=&forumid=58
  8.    #8  
    All that I'm saying is that the content of each section is very broad and not well defined.

I could understand moving someone's thread if they were telling a story about going to the supermarket and bringing their 600 "just in case", but there has been numerous legitimate posts that get moved for no reason other than someone's perogative and it is most annoying.
    Please see Miradu's post. It is TC's policy that the Treo 600 Family forum remain focussed on hardware issues of the device.
    Moving the threads is the right thing to do. If you just check the other boards for the appropriate topics, you'll agree. The software forum is the quickest and best way to ask about e-mail problems. Perhaps, though, the forum names could be changed to make this clearer. As a new user, you'd naturally post that type of topic in this forum.

Here's a question - how come the pop-up navigation on the bottom left of each page doesn't work? That would make it a lot easier to move between forums. I am clicking on "discussion" at the top and then moving between forums that way. Jumpnav would be a lot nicer, and it's there - just broken.
  11.    #11  
    Wombat-

One of the guys who's thread was moved was asking a very specific question about Sprint's Treo 600. Nowhere does it say that this forum is a hardware only forum. Considering the context it would be ridiculous to break up forum like this into Treo 600 Software, Treo 600 Hardware- talk about moderator work.

My point is that threads should be left where they are and let everyone dictate where they should belong i.e. if no one looks at the thread or responds to it they disappear, moving it doesn't do anything except **** the people who were following the thread off- it's impossible to find.
    Originally posted by JFREUD
    Nowhere does it say that this forum is a hardware only forum.
    From Miradu's announcement:

"Threads about the Treo 600 as a hardware unit should continue to go into the Treo 600 forum. Other Treo 600 hardware ONLY threads should be put in here also. (Receiving the unit, opinions on the unit)"
    Originally posted by wombat2

Here's a question - how come the pop-up navigation on the bottom left of each page doesn't work? That would make it a lot easier to move between forums. I am clicking on "discussion" at the top and then moving between forums that way. Jumpnav would be a lot nicer, and it's there - just broken.
    The reason it doesn't work is a result of the javascript function detecting the change in the dropdown menu. I'm trying to get them to change the code now, but as a workaround, just hit escape really quickly after you change the menu and then click on "go."
  14.    #14  
    You know what? I'm going to post wherever I like, so go ahead and move my threads. It sounds like we both have alot of times on our hands. It'll be fun!
    Please don't. I dont' have a lot of time on my hands, but spend time here because it helps the TC community. Please post according to Miradu's guidelines and everyone will be better off.

I trust you will act appropriately.
    Hay guys, what's goin' on in this thread?
    Congratulations JFREUD. You're the first person that actually made it to my Ignore list.

No soup for you!
    How is it annoying when we keep the "moved" thread link? If threads were posted in the right places, there (at our site size) wouldn't be more than 25 new threads on each page per day, making it easy to see a moved thread. And if you can't find your thread, search for it! Or think logically.

We are trying to make this site a great rescource for all users, not just the few who ONLY want to touch the treo 600 forum; we are more than that, we are a treo discussion board. Placing software threads in the right forums makes things easier for now and for the future. We have found this to work for the 4 years now, and it seems that it will continue to work for another 4 years.

We do appreciate comments on the titling of forums, and which forums we have. I think we will rename/redo the software area, adding a multimedia board to cover picture/music issues. We will also redo the descriptions a bit to help. Any other suggestions? Maybe carrier specific discussion (Sprint and a GSM forum to discuss carrier issues, NOT hardware issues?)
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    Originally posted by JFREUD
    moving it doesn't do anything except **** the people who were following the thread off- it's impossible to find.
    And threads like this pi$$ off the moderators! You need to keep in mind that the moderators are all volunteers. We do this job because we like to. People like you make that very difficult at times. We do the best that we can, and will continue to do what we've been doing since the early days of VisorCentral. If threads are not in the proper forums, they will be moved... plain and simple.

If you want to keep track of the activity in a given thread, setup Email Notification. Then you'll be able to find it whenever there's any activity.

Like anything else in life, we'll never be able to please everybody, but we will do what we think is best for keeping this site the premier Visor/Treo site on the 'net (that includes moving posts when deemed appropriate, and even banning users if we need to).
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Its waste of time wading through the 10 threads announcing someone got one. How about adding it to the post that was started on THAT topic.

Also if you continue to post threads in the wrong section you could find yourself outside looking in.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast