Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    As we approach the release of the Treo 600 GSM version (CDMA model in distribution cchannels already), is it time for Treocentral to create separate discussion board for Treo 600 CDMA and Treo 600 GSM Families?

Before the models had distinct separation - 180/270 were GSM and the 300 was Sprint. Now the 600 rolls them all together.
    Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Check out my crazy Golden Retrievers!
    Would be very helpful.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    I agree!
    My 2¢, it's all I can spare
    Treo 270 » Treo 600 » Treo 700P » *** Unmentionable *** » Pre {rooted}
    Ditto. All the gloating from the Sprint types is starting to **** me off
    Having seperate GSM/CDMA 600 forums would be great!!! I am sure that it would help contradictory information-
    I don't agree. I had a 270 and ended up using the 300 forum more than the 270 forum. There are simply more similarities than differences.

Maybe it would make sense to have a forum per operator for operator specific issues, such as Sprint's Short Mail/SMS or Orange's Backup.

Having said that, it doesn't matter too much to me because I use "New Posts" most of the times and I don't even pay attention to which exact forum I'm reading.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Mol
    Maybe it would make sense to have a forum per operator for operator specific issues, such as Sprint's Short Mail/SMS or Orange's Backup.

I like this idea. Although the the Treo600 is a PDA, it is also a phone and it would nice if Treocentral had discussion groups for specific specific providers.
    Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Check out my crazy Golden Retrievers!
    Originally posted by JHETZEL

I like this idea. Although the the Treo600 is a PDA, it is also a phone and it would nice if Treocentral had discussion groups for specific specific providers.
    JHETZEL :

Your avatar is so cooool!!!!

Mol:

Your avatar is pretty funny!!!!

Jake
    There is a great difference between knowing and understanding. You can know a lot about something without understanding it. —Charles Kettering
    -------------------------------------------------
    Treo 600: Love at First Sight by Jake Ehrlich

Thoughts on the Future of Handheld Computing: A 5 Part Series by Jake Ehrlich
    I'm not sure - hardware wise the Treo 600 GSM and CDMA are literally the same. It would be better for the future and now that we instead create a few carrier forums for Sprint, T-Mobile, Cingular and the like. I think we will also merge the Treo 180 and 270 forums. A lot of the threads filling up in the Treo 600 forum do not belogn there, I am drafting a board announcement to remind users of where to put software questions and the like.
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    miradu: with the probable release of the GSM 600 on Monday, the 600 board is going to be even more of a mess. Some kind of subdivision is in order, either by network or carrier, or whatever. Hopefully you can accomplish this quickly.