1.    #1  
    Today I started two threads which both disappeared? Can you tell me why???

The two threads were anouncing the fact that Part 3 of my Thoughts on the Future of Handheld Computing had been published on TreoCentral.com.

The link is:

http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/262-5.htm

Jake
    Last edited by JakeE; 09/23/2003 at 09:36 PM.
    There is a great difference between knowing and understanding. You can know a lot about something without understanding it. —Charles Kettering
    -------------------------------------------------
    Treo 600: Love at First Sight by Jake Ehrlich

Thoughts on the Future of Handheld Computing: A 5 Part Series by Jake Ehrlich
    Perhaps they were moved? For instance this one had nothing to do with the Treo 600, so I moved it here.
    Hey Jake, when is the Bullet Train coming out? And how much will it cost? You should have one of your ringtones called "laughing hyenas."

Ain't gonna be upgrading from the 300 soon.
    Jake I deleted both threads, becuase the article is already on the front page, and there is already a discussion thread started for you. The threads in the Treo 600 forum therefore are just taking up space.
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
  5.    #5  
    Mirandu and KRamsauer:

The challenge is that Part 2 of my story has been on the front page for weeks without being updated. The reason I added a link is because it would be very easy to overlook the story since the Title has not changed.

I spent forever and a day working on the material for this article and I just wanted to let my pals who appreciate my work know that Part 3 is complete.

I would appreciate it if you would be so gracious as to allow me to put back my post in the Treo 600 forum. You will recall that all of this stems from my experience with a Treo 600 and Jeff Hawkins.

I already cleared it with Marcus this afternoon after the first post disappeared almost immediately after I posted it. He said he would look into why it disappeared and take care of it.

Thank you,
    Jake
    There is a great difference between knowing and understanding. You can know a lot about something without understanding it. —Charles Kettering

6.    #6  
    Originally posted by dan_herzlich
    Hey Jake, when is the Bullet Train coming out? And how much will it cost? You should have one of your ringtones called "laughing hyenas."

Ain't gonna be upgrading from the 300 soon.
    Dan

Speaking of when things might be available:

A friend of mine just got the new Sony mini laptop clamshell Clie with a 480x320 (Half VGA) screen. Despite the fact that the Phantom V is speced with a 480x320 screen, the new Sony clie screen is 480x320 and it is 25% smaller and it looks great!!! I mean stunning.

This reality just makes me think my Phantom V design reference is not far fetched at all? Heck, it may arrive sooner that expected and 25% smaller!!!!

Jake
    Last edited by JakeE; 09/23/2003 at 10:26 PM.

Jake,

Which Clie model are you talking about?

HRB
  8.    #8  
    Originally posted by rbrar
    Jake,

Which Clie model are you talking about?

HRB
    Sony Clie UX50 Personal Entertainment Organizer.

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTE...me=hp_UXSeries

I think GFunkmagic was talking about how impressive this thing is, but it freaked me out when I saw it in person!!! It has Blue Tooth, WiFi, a built it video camera, still camera, voice recorder, MP3 and movie veiwer. I don't want one because it does not have a phone but it really is a little laptop.

I am going to go out on a limb (what's new?) and say that I would guess the next generation Treo could have this screen. It is the same width as the Treo 600 screen and about 25% taller, but think about it!!! Take a Treo 600 make it less than a half inch taller and hide the antena behind the extra length horizonaly and you have the magic form factor. Maybe I will mach one up just to see what it looks like.

Jake
    Last edited by JakeE; 09/24/2003 at 12:52 AM.

I am going to go out on a limb (what's new?) and say that I would guess the next generation Treo could have this screen.
    The UX-50 is also much bigger, I believe. It has to hold all the electronics to support what it does.

Having said that, IF PalmOne can make this a reality (hi-res+ screen in a Palm OS smartphone) by the end of 2004, I would upgrade even if there were NO other improvements over the 600.
    Originally posted by JakeE
    Mirandu and KRamsauer:

The challenge is that Part 2 of my story has been on the front page for weeks without being updated. The reason I added a link is because it would be very easy to overlook the story since the Title has not changed.
    Some might consider that a good thing.

Scott
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Originally posted by JakeE

I already cleared it with Marcus this afternoon after the first post disappeared almost immediately after I posted it. He said he would look into why it disappeared and take care of it.
    If you already discussed it with Marcus and he said he'd take care of it....why did you then feel compelled to post? Did you not trust his response? The TC readers are grownups and can see the dates that change on the updated stories.