Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Originally posted by silverado

I didn't say they should patch Blazer. Please read before you call something ludicrous.
    silverado: Didn't at all mean to suggest your idea was ludicrous, and I never meant to offend.

Actually, I agree with you in thinking that HS should deal with the problem; that would be ideal, but I just don't believe they will, nor do I think they will care about the working/non-working status of mobile TC. IMO, it's a simpler remedy to take TC's suggestion that they change the domain. Sorry for the misunderstanding. No ill will here.
    Originally posted by elysian9

silverado: Didn't at all mean to suggest your idea was ludicrous, and I never meant to offend.

Actually, I agree with you in thinking that HS should deal with the problem; that would be ideal, but I just don't believe they will, nor do I think they will care about the working/non-working status of mobile TC. IMO, it's a simpler remedy to take TC's suggestion that they change the domain. Sorry for the misunderstanding. No ill will here.
    Gee, can't we all get along.

For a while there I thought this was getting to be a real heated discussion.

Ok, to business, who can we get in touch with HS to tell them that they have a problem? Can we prove this?
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    It is not just Blazer. I am having the same problem using AvantGo.

"NETWORK ERROR

Bad Host

Unable to resolve This page on channel Treocentral."
    I did not know Advantgo has TreoCentral.

I just did a channel search for Treo in Advantgo. The search came back with 4 hits with VisorCentral as one of them. TreoCentral is not in Advantgo as of this time.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    I have an account which allows you the ability to create custom channels. I have had a "Treocentral" channel for almost 1 year now. AvantGo Custom Channels

Originally posted by ronbo2000
    I did not know Advantgo has TreoCentral.

I just did a channel search for Treo in Advantgo. The search came back with 4 hits with VisorCentral as one of them. TreoCentral is not in Advantgo as of this time.
    Thanks for the clarification. I don't think its similar but could be within AdvantGo servers.

Could you repoint your custom channel to treo.treocentral.com?

Wouldn't that be the same as what you would in your Treo where you hit the Open page option and type the http://treo.treocentral.com?

The Open page option to treo mobile site does not work either.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Yes. I already tried that. In fact, on AvantGo's website, you enter the address and click the 'preview' button to make sure the URL is correct and it looks good. I hotsync and check my 270 and I get the 'bad host' page.

Originally posted by ronbo2000

Could you repoint your custom channel to treo.treocentral.com?

Wouldn't that be the same as what you would in your Treo where you hit the Open page option and type the http://treo.treocentral.com?

The Open page option to treo mobile site does not work either.
    Originally posted by Exciter
    Yes. I already tried that. In fact, on AvantGo's website, you enter the address and click the 'preview' button to make sure the URL is correct and it looks good. I hotsync and check my 270 and I get the 'bad host' page.
    You've got me there. All my regular AdvantGo channels are ok. It seems that it only has a problem with the TreoCentral site. We need to defer this to the sysadmin of TreoCentral.

I don't know if this is worth reporting but for the past two days whenever Blazer could not connect me to TreoCentral, I would try the Xiino browser. So far, I am happy to report that has worked for me. Alas, once the demo trial time runs out, I may not be able to access Treo Central unless a permanent fix is applied.

I am sure the sysadmin folks are working to fix this issue.
    Man this is absolutely screwy..... the site worked all day yesterday for me with Blazer, 270, traveling to Charlotte, and roaming on Cingular (I'm T-Mobile) then this morning... SPLAT, "Cannot Display Requested Page." At least my brother in law has a desktop I can use.
    Up the Creek.... Try the River!
    www.riverontheweb.com

Moblog: bluefrog.textamerica.com
    I'm guessing that the Blazer issue is probably related to a time penalty which the caching proxy gives to dead sites. TreoCentral has been down quite a bit of each day for the past month or so, and I think when the Blazer proxy sees a dead site it will stop checking for xxx hours or so. My squid proxy used to do that, but it was only 5-10 minutes.
    Originally posted by potatoho
    I'm guessing that the Blazer issue is probably related to a time penalty which the caching proxy gives to dead sites. TreoCentral has been down quite a bit of each day for the past month or so, and I think when the Blazer proxy sees a dead site it will stop checking for xxx hours or so. My squid proxy used to do that, but it was only 5-10 minutes.
    Ahh... very interesting! This could explain everything!

Thanks, Potatoho!
    From Handspring's Blazer guy:

Ok. We'll take a look at it this week. Sorry for the delay.
    Update from the HS team:

"Our IT folks took a look at this and found a cache problem on our server. We've fixed that, so this shouldn't be a problem any more. Thanks for pointing it out."

Let me know if it works!
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    YES!! It works with Blazer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you Marcus.

Kirby

PS- It still does not work with AvantGo but that is ok with me.
    Last edited by Exciter; 07/31/2003 at 01:02 AM.
    Thank you Marcus for staying on the subject and helping to get it resolved.

As far as Advantgo and Treo Central, I agree with Kirby, it still displays the Apache test page. Advantgo servers may have the same issue as HS confirmed with Marcus.

I sent email to Advantgo Customer service and also used their troubleshooting page on the web but no response yet. According to their site, if you are a non-paying subscriber, the response time to your reported problem can take a couple of days. Don't know if we could request Marcus to give they a call since Advantgo sysadmin might respond better to another sysadmin.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Perhaps AvantGo is working on it:

"Unfortunately, due to technical difficulties, AvantGo's Mobile Internet Service is currently unavailable.

We apologize for any inconvenience. We are working hard to address the issues. Please check back for updates.

Thanks for your support."
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456