Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    It used to be that if, after logging in, I clicked "New Posts," I would see a list of threads that have posts that arrived since my last visit. Now it's doing something different. Now, when I click "New Posts," I see threads with posts 2 weeks old or even older. It even show threads I'm caught up on, that don't have new posts. Has the New Posts feature changed? I'm I remembering incorrectly? Thanks!
    You could try logging out and clearing cache & cookies etc., then log back in.

I usually leave it logged in and have a 'today's posts' bookmark (http://forums.webosnation.com/search.php?do=getdaily). I'm also having a few problems, but it happened after I logged out. I now have to click 'login', at which point the page reloads with my user name at the top - no need to actually enter the password etc. So I think it's something I've done (it's happened before) and I'm going to follow my own suggestion & try to get it working smoothly again.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Huh. Didn't seem to change anything. Let's see what happens tomorrow. Maybe the date has to change before it filters old threads.
    I just logged out, cleared cookies from WN, Crackberry.com & Mobilenations.com, cleared the cache and logged back in (ticking the remember me / stay logged in box).

All the day's posts are showing as unread - no doubt because I've deleted the cookie holding the time of my last visit.

Wait...

OK, I closed the browser and came back and although there's no login glitch, the day's posts are still displayed as unread. Maybe it is a date issue for me too and will sort itself tomorrow. Opening a thread in a new tab and refreshing the listing does show that thread as read.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 02/10/2016 at 09:52 PM.
    I saw the forum was "Down for maintenance" today. Now it's back and looking different. So an upgrade? Was there an announcement of this or was it automatic or did some one have some spare time and pull the lever on dusty old webOS Nation?

I'm having a few issues and seeing some 404s which I think are a connection or linking problem as some threads can be found via other routes. I tried to start a new thread here for reporting this stuff, but there's no text field for the message body...

Of the six buttons at the top left, I think three aren't working: 'Participated', 'Today's posts' & 'New posts'. Surprisingly, 'Hot this week' not only works, but lists recent threads! It's true: We are still hot.

The little arrow to see the latest post in a thread is quite small for a fat finger on a touchscreen and those are 404-ing a bit. Clicking the thread title is more reliable.

That's what I've noticed so far - for the benefit of Mr Falconer & his team.

Thanks for the upgrade - I hope the glitches are easily fixable. The new thread one is the biggie...

I saw this: https://www.mobilenations.com/bug-bounty-program/ I was hoping to score big money, but I don't think this qualifies.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 10/06/2016 at 09:56 PM.
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
    Looks like a change in web hosting provider. Or at least the existing provider's software. It's more than a font change. Who would know more about this? Anyone that's a forum member too?

First impression, Looks a bit cleaner. =)
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    It kind of looks like the forum software was updated, but with vbulletin I thought it usually took more than a day. Though that is greatly affected by how many customizations have been done.
    An updated version of vBulletin was implemented yesterday and there are a still a couple of quirks popping up.
    For the security of the site we decided to pull the bandaid and upgrade to a version of vBulletin that is better supported. It will take us a few days to fix issues from the upgrade, please continue to report them in this thread.
    Thanks for confirming it. (and not forgetting about us!)

Just in case it's not on your list, it seems the thanks add-on isn't working yet.
    Preemptive likes this.
    Thanks to all for reporting issues here as well. It'll help us get any deficiencies fixed up for you
    James Falconer
    Community Manager, Mobile Nations
    Email: james@mobilenations.com
    Twitter: @JamesFalconer
    I get a blank screen after the forum page loads on my touchpad. My Pre3 load both mobile and standard fine.

Kurt B.
    Yes, that is a Britten super bike.
    It's some javascript that is running after page load that causes the page to go blank. If you turn off JavaScript, it doesn't happen. Hopefully it's not ad-related.
    New Posts and Today's Posts are working for me this morning. Thanks MN team!
    Likewise. Also 'Participated' is working. When I have cause for a new thread, I'll try it then, but I expect it's fixed.

Thank you!

EDIT: What about this? Anyone seeing all these dollar signs? Some web pages not opening up
    example.png

An experiment: Is it to do with using the TWO letters JSJSJS ? $It$ $seems$ $so$ $as$ $there$ $are$ $now$ $6$ $letters$!

...and the dollar signs! I guess this forum really loves Javascript
    Certain keywords causing post display issues
    Last edited by Preemptive; 11/07/2016 at 01:05 PM.
    Shuswap likes this.
    That explains why the mobile view stopped working. Looks good so far though!

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Hi,

I wrote a long comment on saturday afternoon (4 pm german time) into the Navit topic with some screenshots and many pieces of code (marked with the code wrap). Fortunately I made a copy of the comment before submitting it. After this I was surprised by a message that my comment will be checked by a moderator. I couldn't read the complete message because I was redirected after some seconds.
    This happened about 30 hours ago. I don't know if my comment is still waiting for moderation or if it is gone and I have to submit it again.
    Is it an usual procedure now that the comments are checked by a moderator?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nafetz View Post
    Hi,

I wrote a long comment on saturday afternoon (4 pm german time) into the Navit topic with some screenshots and many pieces of code (marked with the code wrap). Fortunately I made a copy of the comment before submitting it. After this I was surprised by a message that my comment will be checked by a moderator. I couldn't read the complete message because I was redirected after some seconds.
    This happened about 30 hours ago. I don't know if my comment is still waiting for moderation or if it is gone and I have to submit it again.
    Is it an usual procedure now that the comments are checked by a moderator?
    Thanks for letting us know! With this update, I can't see what posts/threads are needing approval (yours shouldn't have gotten caught anyhow)... so hopefully this will get fixed soon! Sorry for that, but I appreciate you letting us know - I approved your post so it should be visible now.
    Nafetz likes this.
    Is anyone able to download apps from the app gallery? App Gallery | webOS Nation

When visiting that page, I am no longer logged in. This has happened in the past and required re-entering my pass word or sometimes just refreshing the page. Now, clicking the log-in links leads to 'Link expired'. I think the issue may be with cdn.webosnation.com (or a link to it)
    Last edited by Preemptive; 10/09/2016 at 06:37 PM.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast