Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree26Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    In chrome on android, new posts is always saying there's none. But go to today's posts and there's all the new ones.

Like this for a while now. I haven't tried any other browsers yet.
    Same here for Chrome on Windows 10.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    Working for me on Firefox (finally) URL= http://forums.webosnation.com/search.php?do=getnew
    Hey, am I behind on this or did webosnation just get the mobile web view like everyone else?
    IMG_0044.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It was fairly recent.. I don't care for it all that much. I don't like that the menu on vbulletin's mobile skin loads a new page. Makes it very slow to use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    It was fairly recent.. I don't care for it all that much. I don't like that the menu on vbulletin's mobile skin loads a new page. Makes it very slow to use.
    I preferred the old mobile, it did load way faster and didnt require as much scrolling. Good to know, I thought it might have been an iPhone exclusive view or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Chairman Honeycrisp View Post
    I preferred the old mobile, it did load way faster and didnt require as much scrolling. Good to know, I thought it might have been an iPhone exclusive view or something.

Yep, me too. That's a standard vbulletin mobile skin that I've seen on several forums I use. I figure they're reducing jsjsjs $dependencies$ $with$ $the$ $menu$, $but$ $it$'$s$ $an$ $awful$ $experience$.
    I'm reporting an apparent problem with the app gallery.

Reference: Calculator App (http://www.webosnation.com/calculator)?

First up, the link bar that appears on webOS Nation | webOS Forums, News, Reviews, Apps and Help does not appear on the forum pages - which is where most activity is taking place I suspect.
    Articles Forums Reviews Accessory Store Tips Apps Themes About
    If I go to to App Gallery | webOS Nation and click on an app, to download I'm invited to register or log in (I'm already logged in, but I recall this situation occurring before - maybe to do with the passport thing)

Both links are
    Code:
    http://www.webosnation.com/<?=?>
    and result in a 'page not found' message from the site.

I expect many regulars here have the apps they want or use preware to access them, but there is still the occasional new app posted and there are still a few new people showing up, so a fully functional site would be nice, though I realise webOS Nation is low priority.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    I'm reporting an apparent problem with the app gallery.

Reference: Calculator App (http://www.webosnation.com/calculator)?

First up, the link bar that appears on webOS Nation | webOS Forums, News, Reviews, Apps and Help does not appear on the forum pages - which is where most activity is taking place I suspect.

If I go to to App Gallery | webOS Nation and click on an app, to download I'm invited to register or log in (I'm already logged in, but I recall this situation occurring before - maybe to do with the passport thing)

Both links are
    Code:
    http://www.webosnation.com/<?=?>
    and result in a 'page not found' message from the site.

I expect many regulars here have the apps they want or use preware to access them, but there is still the occasional new app posted and there are still a few new people showing up, so a fully functional site would be nice, though I realise webOS Nation is low priority.

Thanks.
    Thanks - I've sent this up to be looked at
    For me, the top bar links to other MN sites are a cluster of text links in the top left corner. (I see this on forums.webosnation.com & www.webosnation.com)

I looked at the HTML and found this (line 200 in my text editor):
    Code:
    <div id='mn_bar_wrapper' class=''>
    When I insert:
    Code:
    floatcontainer doc_header
    ...as the class, it seems to display normally (with logos & everything) - at least on my local copy. It was my first attempt and it seemed to work! I'm not saying this is correct, but it seems the absence of a class reference may be the issue. I'm sure MN want their other sites prominently displayed!

===================

But I'm mainly posting to remind / ask if the App Gallery can be fixed - especially for developers to upload updates or new apps. It's the biggest fix that could be done for this site where we are working to maintain webOS.

Would it be helpful to start a specific thread on this so people can give detailed feedback to the repair process? Looking back over this thread, it seems some access has been restored, but full function is still a problem.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Preemptive; 09/21/2017 at 08:44 AM.
    Hey Preemptive - I've forwarded your comment on to the Community Manager to review.
    Preemptive likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    But I'm mainly posting to remind / ask if the App Gallery can be fixed - especially for developers to upload updates or new apps. It's the biggest fix that could be done for this site where we are working to maintain webOS.
    I'm really sorry - I forget to tell something...
    Tom Kaminski from mobilenations sent me a mail on August 21th, that he made some changes in cloudflare settings. I tested in changing one word in the description of one of my apps and it worked again. I don't have a real update of one of my apps at the moment. But it may be possible to upload updates again in the app gallery!

(Sorry, it's a shame I forgot to tell!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nafetz View Post
    Tom Kaminski from mobilenations sent me a mail on August 21th, that he made some changes in cloudflare settings. I tested in changing one word in the description of one of my apps and it worked again. I don't have a real update of one of my apps at the moment. But it may be possible to upload updates again in the app gallery!

Cool, I'll give it a try with one of mine. Does anyone remember the status of the Preware feed? The last I remember it was not being updated.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 09/22/2017 at 07:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nafetz View Post

Oh, well this is great news if confirmed!

I hadn't heard about a problem with the feed - perhaps the lack of updates was simply because of the difficulty in updating the gallery. It should be easy to test when Grabber5.0 tries to update - it will either appear in Preware or not. If not, the question then arises of where the feed update occurs. Is it at WN or at webOS Internals? Work is currently happening to fix the patch portal, so if it's a similar process (and I'd guess it is), then it may be possible the fix the app gallery feed also. Please post if updates are appearing in the feed (or not).

EDIT: I see the ability to download from the gallery is still broken (see post 47 above)...

EDIT 2: I recall that a number of apps 'in' the Gallery were merely links to free apps in the catalog. When that closed, those links all broke. Perhaps that explains why certain apps in the gallery don't appear in Preware? The only way to tell is to fix app gallery downloads (see 47), then check if the link is to something on the site or the shut down catalog.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 09/23/2017 at 02:45 PM.
    I thought the Top menu bar was fixed as I was seeing it properly, but that was on the tablet. It's still text on Firefox (desktop).

Now I just started seeing this at the top:
    Code:
    Expression #1 of SELECT list is not in GROUP BY clause and contains nonaggregated column 'passport.p.local_uid' which is not functionally dependent on columns in GROUP BY clause; this is incompatible with sql_mode=only_full_group_by
    There's suddenly loads of white space on the page. Perhaps it's a sign of work in progress... or maybe it's just me?

UPDATE: Back to normal - a temporary fault I guess.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 09/24/2017 at 02:50 PM.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123