Like Tree11Likes
  • 3 Post By HelloNNNewman
  • 2 Post By gizmo21
  • 6 Post By jccjmml7
  1.    #1  
    As I think it takes 10 posts to clear auto-moderating, I can only assume webOS Nation is being hacked for all these spam threads to appear.

Good work on keeping it cleaned, but should we be worried? Is it happening on the other sites?
    Though they would have fixed this by now...

Not much info on webOS, but with the spam, makes it harder to see the new things like PreWare's Birthday....
    When I select "New Posts" from the menu above, I see the smart watch thread, this thread, and 27 identical Chinese threads. I don't know what happened but this is no good.

Can that user be banned and the threads removed please?
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    It happens guys. Sorry for the recent spam craziness! What you don't see the multiple hundreds (thousands by now) of spam posts that we catch and clear before they hit the forums over the past couple of years. Once in a while a spammer finds a way around our filters and we have to implement a filter add-on to kill those. They've concentrated on our other sites for quite a while (benefit of not being on the top bar I guess), but now one or two noticed this site. If you see them hitting us, report them and we can jump in and kill them off while the filters are updated. Sorry for the jerk spammer who keeps getting through, but we're tweaking things.

As soon as we see them, we ban and clean. But we aren't on here all the time, so we rely on seeing reports coming in when they do start posting.

Thanks! (and sorry!)
    Thanks to all the mods, keeping this little forum alive that is so unique and important for us.
    TJs11thPre and jccjmml7 like this.
    Thanks for all the help. If you need help cleaning up in European time (most of you guys seem to be US based), I'm happy to help out. Got experience as mod/tech/admin at another reasonably big forum as well :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Thanks Herrie... the filters catch 99.99% of the spam (with the exception of the past couple of days). But if they keep finding dumb work-arounds, we may take you up on the offer for the time difference. Not much to mod here lately outside of cleaning up a spam post caught in our nets. I do miss the old days!
    Have to hand it to this guy (or gal, or it) though.......it's TOTALLY worth weaseling in on Webos Nation! I mean, seriously, they managed to stir up all 16 of us in here!
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    I still lurk here. WebOS is a passion that's hard to break. Blackberry BB10 just isn't the same and it looks like they are moving from running Android under BB10 to running BB10 features (like the hub) on top of Android.

I'm tossed about this move. On one hand, it allows all of the Android apps to run (any using google play services won't run on BB10). On the other hand, the few BlackBerry Apps available are much higher quality, like WebOS Apps are.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
    Quote Originally Posted by ggendel View Post
    I still lurk here. WebOS is a passion that's hard to break. Blackberry BB10 just isn't the same and it looks like they are moving from running Android under BB10 to running BB10 features (like the hub) on top of Android.

I'm tossed about this move. On one hand, it allows all of the Android apps to run (any using google play services won't run on BB10). On the other hand, the few BlackBerry Apps available are much higher quality, like WebOS Apps are.
    i still lurk.even tho i broke another pre3 and got an s6 active and a bb classic last week.. the touchstone doesn't charge either one, but the galaxy inductive charger charges the bb classic.. the new s6 edge+has a heyboard case.. i may have found my new phone ..get webos working on that and im in heaven