Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By Grabber5.0
  • 1 Post By Preemptive
  • 1 Post By Grabber5.0
  • 1 Post By HelloNNNewman
  • 3 Post By petbull
  1.    #1  
    Is anyone else seeing the front page/Latest Discussion tab not updating or is it my browser?

On my computer, all conversations are now 3 days old and growing, even though I know people have added to the threads. Nope, it is not my browser because i looked at it in Chrome and Firefox and both show all discussions as 3 days old.
    Yes, it does appear to be stuck in the past. Like us.
    eblade and petbull like this.
    I just use this as my bookmark - I miss out on the articles page, but until recently, I didn't...
    http://forums.webosnation.com/search.php?do=getdaily It's the same as the 'Today's Posts' button.
    Or this is the 'New Posts' button: http://forums.webosnation.com/search.php?do=getnew

I think when clicked you get a numbered search link - which I guess expires, so if you want to try this approach, copy the URLs in this post to make a bookmark rather than bookmarking the results page.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 12/22/2014 at 11:08 AM.
    Remy X likes this.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Yes, it does appear to be stuck in the past. Like us.
    Ow, that hurts! true, but painful none the less!
    Quote Originally Posted by petbull View Post
    Ow, that hurts! true, but painful none the less!
    LOL I get teased all the time from everyone in my family about sticking with (and stocking up on) phones from 2011 and earlier... I have used the best, and can't settle for the rest.
    Remy X likes this.
    Hi guys,

I've sent a note up the chain to James to make him aware of the issue. Thanks for pointing it out!
    We have a front page? In all seriousness, it's so good to see the occasional article go up.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Hi guys,

I've sent a note up the chain to James to make him aware of the issue. Thanks for pointing it out!
    There's also the "visited" threads not getting marked as read until over a half hour later... a problem that appeared as soon as the avatar issue was fixed.

And, sorry, one more thing...

I see what appears to be a database sharding issue that's been around since forever... some threads do not get synced between the two servers until a few hours later. The threads themselves exist, however "getnew" and "getdaily" queries, as well as "member shoutouts" do not come up with the same result on both servers.

Sometimes a question is asked, and i won't see it until three hours after the fact, even though another thread posted around the same time appeared instantaneously. And judging by the "member shoutouts" box, i can also see which server is lagging, when a "top thanked" member keeps jumping between the first and the last slot over the course of a few hours, before settling at the top or dropping off completely
    Thanks Remy - I passed a link to your post up to James and Tom to take a look at.
    Remy X likes this.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    LOL I get teased all the time from everyone in my family about sticking with (and stocking up on) phones from 2011 and earlier... I have used the best, and can't settle for the rest.
    I have the same issue. My office looks like a Palm museum (or graveyard!). I finally bought my wife and daughter Iphones because they couldn't resist peer pressure. I'm the opposite. I have to be contrary ( no, I don't).

My wife has been eyeing the Pre 3 a lot lately, saying that she misses swiping, Palm phones made sense, why can't the Iphone do it like the old phone? It's always good after it's gone!