1.    #1  
    I was trying to download some attachments from the webosnation.com forums but it failed. I tried it on my Pre3 (german 2.2.4) on the mobile version and even on the desktop version of the site. Every time I tapped on the attachment it just saved an HTML file with some really long name (the name of the file from the link which points to the file in the thread). The HTML content in the saved file is a normal page error message which says that I am not logged in. But I was logged in.
    I tried to log out and back in, just in case the remembered login timed out or something like that, but no success.
    Somewhere I read a thread about the webOS browser is not able to download files when authentication is needed, but as I understand here I am already authenticated, so it should work.
    The other problem (or another manifestation of the same problem) is the "Email attachment" link that only pops up an OK button on my Pre without anything written over it, and without actually sending me the attachment.

One place where I lastly met this problem was the webOS scrollbars thread [Patch Project] webOS Scrollbars but as I tested it now, I could reproduce it in a few other threads too.

Am I doing something wrong? Is my browser on my Pre broken? Or is this some kind of a bug in the forum engine?

Thanks,
    Tylla
    Quote Originally Posted by tylla View Post
    I was trying to download some attachments from the webosnation.com forums but it failed. I tried it on my Pre3 (german 2.2.4) on the mobile version and even on the desktop version of the site. Every time I tapped on the attachment it just saved an HTML file with some really long name (the name of the file from the link which points to the file in the thread). The HTML content in the saved file is a normal page error message which says that I am not logged in. But I was logged in.
    I tried to log out and back in, just in case the remembered login timed out or something like that, but no success.
    Somewhere I read a thread about the webOS browser is not able to download files when authentication is needed, but as I understand here I am already authenticated, so it should work.
    The other problem (or another manifestation of the same problem) is the "Email attachment" link that only pops up an OK button on my Pre without anything written over it, and without actually sending me the attachment.

One place where I lastly met this problem was the webOS scrollbars thread [Patch Project] webOS Scrollbars but as I tested it now, I could reproduce it in a few other threads too.

Am I doing something wrong? Is my browser on my Pre broken? Or is this some kind of a bug in the forum engine?

Thanks,
    Tylla
    Can you link to a thread on the forum that you're trying to get a download from? I'll test it on my Pre3.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
  3.    #3  
    Yeah sure, but I already did it.

But here it is again: ;-)
    [Patch Project] webOS Scrollbars
    and another one:
    xwTweak 0.1.0 - Global Accelerometer Switch
    Oh whoops. Sorry. I went to both of those links on my Pre3 running 2.2.4 and clicked on the zip files and the patch. All of them downloaded without a problem and were not html files.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE