Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bbito
  1.    #1  
    Hi WebOS Folks,
    This may be something that has existed since the MobileNations consolidation (passport?), but I'm just noticing it today.
    I am logged-in from a WinXP box running FireFox 23.0.1 and my post count is stuck at 70 (should be 78 I think) and I don't see an EDIT button on my posts.
    Is it just me or are other folks not seeing the EDIT buttons on their posts?
    Is there something I needed to do when the passport was introduced?
    -bbito

EDIT 20130903: Edit works on this thread, but I still can't edit my thread at:
    WTB: EU / UK Pre 2 in or ship to U.S.
    Last edited by bbito; 09/03/2013 at 02:28 PM. Reason: EDIT works - On this thread...
    Quote Originally Posted by bbito View Post
    Hi WebOS Folks,
    This may be something that has existed since the MobileNations consolidation (passport?), but I'm just noticing it today.
    I am logged-in from a WinXP box running FireFox 23.0.1 and my post count is stuck at 70 (should be 78 I think) and I don't see an EDIT button on my posts.
    -bbito
    are you sure you are logged in?
    Weird u mention that, i do recall not being able to edit a thread i started a while back, day after tho my edit button magically returned on a different post/thread.

I think thats happened maybe twice to me over quite some period of time so i didnt think much into it at the time as it was rare.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    ...my edit button magically returned on a different post/thread.
    Thanks for your reply,
    It prompted me to go to some random old posts of mine and the Edit button is there on all the ones I checked it's just not showing up on that Marketplace thread as far as I can tell and my post count is stuck...
    Hi guys... thanks for reporting the issues.

@bbito - I'll take a look at your post count and see if the counters are wrong. Remember, some forums (like Marketplace and Off-Topic) do not count towards post counts.
    Quote Originally Posted by bbito View Post
    Hi WebOS Folks,
    -bbito

EDIT 20130903: Edit works on this thread, but I still can't edit my thread at:
    WTB: EU / UK Pre 2 in or ship to U.S.
    I checked your post count and it is correct from what I can see. As of this moment, you have a total of 80 posts, with 10 of those posts being made in a forums that do not contribute to the counter - so your actual counter will not increase when making posts on those forums (ie: Marketplace, Off-Topic, Site-Feedback forums). This is why your counter shows a total of 70 posts. (80 actual - 10 made in non-counted forums = 70 posts)

As for the editing issue... Members can not edit posts made in the Marketplace forums. This must be done by a Moderator. To edit the post, simply hit the 'report' button and let us know what you would like done with the post. This change was made to conform with all of the other Mobile Nations sites a while back. Sorry if it caused some confusion!
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    your actual counter will not increase when making posts on those forums (ie: Marketplace, Off-Topic, Site-Feedback forums).

I'll pass your issue with the 'edit' button on to the Mobile Nations programming team.
    Thanks HelloNNNewman,
    I didn't know that some forums had no effect on post count - I'm not trying to boost the count, I just thought it might be related to not being able to edit posts...
    Are Marketplace posts supposed to be non-editable, could this explain my "problem"?
    -Thanks again!
    Yup... you quoted my post before I edited it to answer that question. I read it wrong initially and then updated it once I realized what forum you were having the issue in. Re-read my post above yours for the corrected info.

So, correct, you cannot edit posts in the Marketplace.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post

So, correct, you cannot edit posts in the Marketplace.
    It is all becoming clear now - no forum problems, only user confusion!
    -Thanks!
    HelloNNNewman likes this.