View Poll Results: Would you buy this shirt?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

6 54.55%
  • No!

2 18.18%
  • Maybe!

3 27.27%
  • It's kinda lame...

0 0%
Like Tree11Likes
  • 3 Post By Alan Morford
  • 2 Post By xandros9
  • 1 Post By RumoredNow
  • 1 Post By laoh
  • 1 Post By Preemptive
  • 2 Post By Grabber5.0
  1.    #1  
    As cool as these are Mobile Nations T-Shirt - webOS T-Shirts - webOS Nation Store boo...since we're not in the MN Club anymore might I suggest something to attract the attention of the current fans' mood and sentiment? See below. Site admins...I did not ask to use the card stack logo but please don't call your lawyers, I don't want anything for this and claim ZERO intellectual property or anything other commons license etc, for the 5 minutes it took me to do this. ANY color shirt with this slapped right across the front would be sweet. I'd be the first to buy one. Anybody else?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    IMHO the print needs a little work. But regardless of that, I'd buy anything to support webOS Nation!
    THat's awesome! I'd prefer something in a grumpy cat, maybe with caption "NEVER FORGET."

Of course I'm also a little high on bathroom cleaner at the moment.

Carry on!
    I still want my grey Palm shirt

that'd be nice too, maybe just a normal webOS Nation shirt
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    T-Pad and Remy X like this.
    Nice #hashtag

No on the shirt, BUT...i'm not really into shirts with any pictures on them (unless i work for the company), last year i won a "new member of the year" award where the prize was the regular webOS Nation shirt, and i decided to pass. Hopefully it went to the runner-up
  6.    #6  
    I wonder if those shirts still exist...no need to reinvent the wheel.
  7.    #7  
    Haha yeah I'm not married to the design. But anything would be welcome.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    There are a lot of custom t-shirt makers out there and this idea is easily doable right now, today... Just do a quick search for "custom t shirts" and you'll see.

I'm not a social media user, so the hashtag thing has no appeal to me. I could see it working to raise awareness about webOS if there were a concerted social media push to coincide. And a lot of people are plugged in via smart devices so walking around with this t-shirt on could generate hits, which could generate t-shirt sales and buzz about webOS. A sort of perpetual motion machine.

That particular logo would size nicely over the breast. On a white shirt the hashtag might get lost - maybe try in black? Or put the whole thing, as is - but with a white font, on a black field? (I'd say oval shaped field off the top of me head.)

You could combine it with a few different slogans on the back to help generate public interactions with the wearers.

Ask me about the webOS UX
    The original flick-to-close
    Got LunaCE?
    It's all in the cards

etc... And repeat the hashtag message, sans card logo for clarity, after the slogan on the back. Punch it up and modernize it by changing the text to "webOS4ever" which also works if you consider OwOS as v. 4.0.

Give it some context and history instantly by adding "est. 2009" under the breast logo.

Just a couple of quick thoughts on a great idea which is easily and immediately doable to help bolster the community.

Nice concept, Alan.
    Last edited by RumoredNow; 09/01/2013 at 12:02 PM.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Vistaus likes this.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    There are a lot of custom t-shirt makers out there and this idea is easily doable right now, today... Just do a quick search for "custom t shirts" and you'll see.

I'm not a social media user, so the hashtag thing has no appeal to me. I could see it working to raise awareness about webOS if there were a concerted social media push to coincide. And a lot of people are plugged in via smart devices so walking around with this t-shirt on could generate hits, which could generate t-shirt sales and buzz about webOS. A sort of perpetual motion machine.

That particular logo would size nicely over the breast. On a white shirt the hashtag might get lost - maybe try in black? Or put the whole thing, as is - but with a white font, on a black field? (I'd say oval shaped field off the top of me head.)

You could combine it with a few different slogans on the back to help generate public interactions with the wearers.

Ask me about the webOS UX
    The original flick-to-close
    Got LunaCE?
    It's all in the cards

etc... And repeat the hashtag message, sans card logo for clarity, after the slogan on the back. Punch it up and modernize it by changing the text to "webOS4ever" which also works if you consider OwOS as v. 4.0.

Give it some context and history instantly by adding "est. 2009" under the breast logo.

Just a couple of quick thoughts on a great idea which is easily and immediately doable to help bolster the community.

Nice concept, Alan.
    That's a lot to consider. I used zazzle.com in the past but they are pretty expensive. It would be easier if someone has connections at a t-shirt shop. I'll see what else I can draw up. It'd be cool if a few other folks would come up with designs as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by alanmorford View Post
    ...It'd be cool if a few other folks would come up with designs as well.
    I like your basic concept so here's a quick pass I made at it.

Mobile Nations Devotee
    LOL - I'll just keep going with it till you tell me to stop...

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    LOL - I'll just keep going with it till you tell me to stop...
    i personally don't like the design that much

BUT I LOVE THE CARDS MOTTO. ITS THE BEST
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    I just want a shirt that says webOS in the official font.
    brum likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by NIN_ru View Post
    And also I realized that it's necessary to check all meanings of english words, because now I feel myself in this shirt only like this:
    Click to view quoted image
    Wow! Is that the actual seal of webOS Nation? The gesture-based interface really works for users with flippers!
    NIN_ru likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by NIN_ru View Post
    I received my custom webOS t-shirt, and by chance it turned out to be very original.
    Where did you order the shirt. I love it!
    guys... Remember that the webOS seal logo is the property of someone and not for use without permission (same with our site logo)
    Booooooooooooooooo
    laingman and brum like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    guys... Remember that the webOS seal logo is the property of someone and not for use without permission (same with our site logo)
    .... if you don't remind us of who, then how will we get permission? :-)

I'd pop in at the office wearing something like these.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post

To be honest, HelloNNNewman have messaged me who is the actual author of seal logo and waited me to get approval. It's completely my fault that I don't have it.
    We need to forget about "webosnation" shirt, maybe just other, open designs, like in opensource logo contest.
    Even in this thread all designs have webosnation cards logo, and should be claimed as unacceptable.
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post

This comes around every year or so... I believe the seal logo was created by Derek. If people can get his approval to use his work, for personal use - that's fine. We've been looking to put up a few shirts for members in the past. I'll look back into that since interest has come back.