Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree28Likes
    I should be asleep!

Anyway @ Alan Morford:

I only skimmed the above, but... well, if you been 'away' and they weren't the droids you were looking for, you could start here to get back up to speed (not exactly news):
    webOS Status Report

EDIT: Arrgh! skimmed too much! You already mentioned it in post 1! Doh!

If there's things to add or update, everybody let me know and I'll edit it.

If you read on, you'll see it's a preamble to ideas for a user group:
    Proposals for a webOS User Group

Part of the plan: A newsletter!

Now, I think it would be ideal if webosnation news came back. I wondered if Adam Marks would note passing events (e.g the latest twist in the Chubby Checker story!) Maybe a community contributed version could happen, but if that's not possible for some reason, then a newsletter has been proposed as part of a larger project.

Since the app catalogue was saved, I've let the user group idea slide for a couple of months, but I haven't abandoned the idea (though I suspect everyone else here has! ;-)

I have some ideas, but it'll have to be next week I think...

EDIT: Oh yeah, the point! I hope you get to post news on this site, but if not, why not do the newsletter for a user group? The forums will still be open for comment...
    Last edited by Preemptive; 08/30/2013 at 08:39 PM.
    Remy X likes this.
    @Preemptive,

Great to have you back

I don't think we've given up on the usergroup project, but it seems that everyone is doing their own thing and the forum remains the hub and meeting place, the forum itself is being the user group, with the only issue being that nothing really gets shared while our projects are incomplete...
  3.    #23  
    @Preemptive, thanks so much for the links. The status report is the type of roundup I enjoy seeing. I don't know what decisions we as users can make for the community unless you count the information we push for the sites FrontPage. Break it down: (look Remy I found the colon...inside joke) developers are doing their part keeping webOS alive, users are on the forums for information to tweak and squeeze every bit of life out of our beloved webOS devices, but the missing piece is the poster child. The main news source of webosnation.com is sleeeeeeepy. This is not meant to poopoo your user group idea. I mean if it helps webOS then I'm all for it. What's it do though that a good updated news source for webOS doesn't? I'd love to discuss further. The last thing I want is to fragment the writers, thinkers, and webOS leaders into too many directions. In the USAF we have a saying: "one team, one fight".

@Remy X, the forum should always be the hub! We need a catalyst to get started. Perhaps an editor could jump in here if they're reading? Thoughts?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Remy X likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy07 View Post
    Am I missing something or reading this wrong? Or should "would" be "wouldn't"?

-Skippy
    Quote Originally Posted by alanmorford View Post
    Haha. I'm pretty sure it's not a Freudian slip.
    LOL .. I fixed my sentence. I wrote that on the road because I wanted to reply right away and cut my sentence off accidentally. You knew what I meant!
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    I think its a great idea to bring some life back to the frontpage of webosnations! I'm also willing to donate some time wherever I can, so count me in!
    Last edited by g.vos; 09/03/2013 at 03:55 AM.
    Alan Morford and Vistaus like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Since the app catalogue was saved, I've let the user group idea slide for a couple of months, but I haven't abandoned the idea (though I suspect everyone else here has! ;-)
    Actually, I was about to stoke the threads to see why they got so quiet. Especially after seeing the Homebrew Pivot resurrection, which I assumed sprang from those chats. If not, I hope some folks jump on board to help out HB Pivot editing!
    I would love to help out with the HB Pivot but the HB Pivot still doesn't load on my TP (and it's been in this not loading state for months now)
    But don't we all like seeing Ruby every time we come here?
    ananimus likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by laoh View Post
    But don't we all like seeing Ruby every time we come here?
    I don't see him. I've bookmarked the forums page. :-)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12