Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Remy X
  1.    #1  
    So currently neither the post formatting tools nor quick post/quick edit work.

Sometimes "like" fails also, and so do the user profile action menus.
    Really??? I haven't noticed anything like that. What type of errors are you getting? Any error messages or screenshots are appreciated.
    James Falconer
    Community Manager, Mobile Nations
    Email: james@mobilenations.com
    Twitter: @JamesFalconer
  3.    #3  
    It's usually a runaway script, which gets shut down by Chrome for consuming too much memory. After which i have to re-enable scripting on that page, but sometimes it reverts back to no-script without me doing anything, perhaps Chrome just didn't display a visible notification.

The memory leak condition has happened five times already (with notification), but i haven't checked which ad provider this may be..

By the way, vertical banner ads still happen from time to time...
  4.    #4  
    Now same thing on the Touchpad, unable to "like" any post
    TJs11thPre likes this.
    the above 'like' was a test.

i haven't noticed the unusual behavior you're describing above,

but i HAVE had trouble logging in from the main page lately. after the login/pw entry is submitted, the first page reopens as if i hadn't logged in, but opening a thread brings up my userID as the header, as normal.

i'm using FF with ABP. no ads anywhere.

hopefully your errors can be traced and resolved.
  6.    #6  
    On the TP, still nothing, but the webOS browser is 1st gen WebKit, so bugs that affect WebKit 1 don't seem to be a problem for WebKit 2 and vice versa

When Chrome had disappearing forum headers, Touchpad performed well, this time it seems like a webOS-only error
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    On the TP, still nothing, but the webOS browser is 1st gen WebKit, so bugs that affect WebKit 1 don't seem to be a problem for WebKit 2 and vice versa

When Chrome had disappearing forum headers, Touchpad performed well, this time it seems like a webOS-only error
    Im using safari 6 and everything works fine for me. And don't say "oh you should use chrome" I hate it, I think its dumb. Safari is is just as good
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
  8.    #8  
    Huh, when did I ever say that? I think you confuse me with another person.

In any case, this looks like WebKit 1 bug, and none of the newer browsers are affected..

Oh, and if you think Chrome is dumb, that's up to you. I think that Apple-style font anti-aliasing doesn't compare well with cleartype and as such I prefer Chrome over Safari, even though Chrome seems to also impart its own messed up cleartype tune rather than respect my own settings
    Last edited by Remy X; 06/24/2013 at 10:07 PM.