Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree142Likes
    Well, I'm a late comer to the game as I kept using my Lifedrive and other Palm PDAs before I got to the jump to my Pre, followed by a search for a Pre2 very quickly after, then a quest for 6 months to manage to get a few Touchpads as I missed the firesale... at decent prices.

My wife got my Pre, and the kids all have Pre2s, and aside the haters (guess what type of phones they have) most others ask them where to get one.

As a advanced technical person (but not a programmer), I tend to see where I can take things, for how long I can things going, etc. and it needs to be pure awesomeness before it grabs me.

I've been trying to participate as actively as I can in here, but I also find it sad to see the dwindling of new topics...
    Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3(8GB) > Pre3 (16GB)
    I see a pattern...
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Adolfsson View Post
    Just a heads up, when TM13 launches next month we will remove webOS Nation from the top network bar and footer. The site will remain running indefinitely though, just as VisorCentral.com and TreoCentral.com are still accessible.

If webOS gets another life-extension by LG, we will start promoting the site again.
    Boooooooooo!

Sent from my FrankenPre2
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post

Had to be done
    I still play the lottery occasionally and the odds are a lot worse than that.
    HelloNNNewman and Vistaus like this.
    Just a heads up, when TM13 launches next month we will remove webOS Nation from the top network bar and footer. The site will remain running indefinitely though, just as VisorCentral.com and TreoCentral.com are still accessible.

If webOS gets another life-extension by LG, we will start promoting the site again.
    So does this mean no more front page articles? I was really hoping to see an article from DK on the tokens that are set to expire 2 months from today. Wouldn't't be bad to take some of the good info Rod has supplied about this and get an article up, even if it's the last for W|N front page.

As Derek once said to me, the people that read the blog articles aren't always going to be comfortable with mounting part of the forum for discussions. The tokens issue is really a pretty big issue for anyone owning, using, planning to sell, etc. A webOS device. If HP allows the tokens to expire it will become much more complex for anyone to activate a webOS device.... And much more.

(I would offer to pen it, but as most probably already know, I type how I think, not really the best for writing an article so much.)
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    So does this mean no more front page articles? I was really hoping to see an article from DK on the tokens that are set to expire 2 months from today. Wouldn't't be bad to take some of the good info Rod has supplied about this and get an article up, even if it's the last for W|N front page.

As Derek once said to me, the people that read the blog articles aren't always going to be comfortable with mounting part of the forum for discussions. The tokens issue is really a pretty big issue for anyone owning, using, planning to sell, etc. A webOS device. If HP allows the tokens to expire it will become much more complex for anyone to activate a webOS device.... And much more.

(I would offer to pen it, but as most probably already know, I type how I think, not really the best for writing an article so much.)
    Derek is still the EIC and will continue to write articles. We are not closing the site down.

What is TM13?

Its a lot harder to gain momentum when something has been demoted to the back lanes (out of sight, out of mind) than when it is still upfront. Someone should send the Marcus post to LG--maybe they will leak some stuff to drive some traffic to the site.
    Vistaus and MartinH@webos like this.

Well that will certainly contribute to the whithering.
    I know I will eventually move on from webOS if new light is not shined on it but I think I have at least one or two years. I had a pre 2 and now a pre 3, If I get a touchpad, I'll be entertained for a quite a bit longer. When the day comes though, I will happily move to another less common os like BB10, sailfish or whatever new interesting OS comes.

webOS 1.0 (Albacore) then webOS 2.0 (Blowfish) then webOS 2.1 (Catfish) then webOS 3.0 (Dartfish) then open webOS (Escolar, my name for it) so maybe Sailfish os should be next...

You can't kick us from the top bar, we are succeeding from the nation!
    Last edited by mattmers; 05/23/2013 at 09:04 PM.
    Smartphones: Nokia 5230 > Palm Pre 2 > Nokia 701 (returned) > HP Pre 3 > BB Z10 (save me from it) + HP Touchpad
    Cars: 1993 Subaru Impreza AWD > 2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T

LinkedIn: Matthew Mers
    Twitter: MatthewMers
    MartinH@webos and retroblu like this.
    Derek is still the EIC and will continue to write articles. We are not closing the site down.
    thanks Marcus! I knew you weren't shutting her down, just wasn't sure what it meant for the front page, I can bug Derek directly then. Just didn't wanna bother the man if he was under new orders with this news. He like many of us wear many hats, didn't wanna be his thorn if it wasn't warranted
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Are you still rocking the Treo BT headset?
    Yep--I use it almost every day.

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preł (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preł Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
  11.    #51  

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preł (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preł Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
  12.    #52  
    Something I neglected to note in my post yesterday is that I visit my "subscribed threads" page daily. It's true that there's been a steady drop-off on those threads (mostly app- or patch-specific, though the "Verizon Preł activation" thread is near and dear). It's also true that it's been going on for longer than just a few months.

The canary in the coal mine for me was when the Save/Restore devs stopped responding to that app forum well over a year ago, followed by the cessation of Save/Restore updates (with many promised new scripts never seeing the light of day).

As sad as it is to see the blog fading away, it's not a new phenomenon in webOS Nation. I doubt very much that LG or Open webOS is going to provide a reversal of fortunes, though I have some hope that webOS will continue to be a virus in Android's DNA.

None the less, I'm sticking with my webOS life (coulda used one of those Prełs in the giveaway--my current one is starting to look a little rough!). While I do miss new and improved apps, the way that Synergy manages my data is something that I'm just not willing to give up.
    Last edited by bethel95; 05/23/2013 at 10:54 PM.

Pretty sure I'll be the one to turn off the lights
    Remy X and MartinH@webos like this.
    I may have sold off my Pre3s and switched over, but I still have my Touchpad and my heart belongs to webOS. No phone is perfect, and as standards in hardware change I really really would have liked to see where we could have been if HP really did "double down".

Imagine a 4.5' webOS phone with a 13mp camera and 2gb of ram and a quad core processor at 1.6Ghz or better and 32 to 64GB storage. And webOS developed appropriately with even better synergy and cutting edge features like the multilayered quick launch and better camera software and the right developers updating the apps we want and need the most. And the homebrew community continuing with their magic.. Makes me sick.

It's really the homebrew developers and the community that even kept this platform alive. How could webOS even bring itself back to relevancy? Even HTC with the One is having issues and is restructuring and is having lackluster sales overall especially after their failure of a Facebook home phone. Samsung and Apple are the big dogs. They may not have the best OS, but they keep things fresh and rolling, and know how to market their products.

Who knows what the future holds? WebOS has survived nuclear holocaust. Everything that could have been done to make it fail pretty much has been done. And yet here I am still frustrated at how unintuitive switching apps is on an OS that has a 2 year development advantage.

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk II
    Go home with your quad-core processor. Dual-core is more than enough. Unless you want the device to have a Motorola Razr HD Maxx sized battery of course. But anything less than that will eat the battery alive with quad-core. And that's not really good for a multitasking webOS device.
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    What is TM13?
    My guess is that TM13 will be some sort of social media for phone junkies...
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    jrb363 likes this.
    They won't tell us either, but since they posted some pics over on AC of them 'filming' in NYC, I'm betting on a type of show/video blog/v-cast type thing. Kinda like a video magazine for a more upscaled podcast. My guess....
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    Well... I would like more if was a "UFC For Editors"!

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    I still love you guys!
    Visiting Moderator from CrackBerry.com!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast