Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 75
Like Tree142Likes
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob_T View Post
    Wow, I stopped by wondering if this site would even still be up. You got moxie if you use a WebOS device in 2013, I'll say that.
    Posting this from my HP TouchPad and HP BT keyboard. Pre3 within arms reach.... Sadly with no hardware keyboard devices on the market, don't know if there is much future for me with a webOS phone other than to have it as a second phone to my Q10 that I anticipate purchasing soon.

    TouchPad will be staying with me and I don't see replacing it for at least a couple more years.
    jrb363, pkcable, eKeith and 1 others like this.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Sadly (but honestly) this site has not become a discussion site for enthusiasts. We will get a few new users who have just purchased a device from somewhere, but the restaurant has basically closed but we're still serving coffee and good conversation for those locals who want to hang out and enjoy.
    Well, as long as the counter and coffee machine/espresso machine are still around, I'll still be here. Even if I have to pick the locks.
    Did you know:

    webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    Well, as long as the counter and coffee machine/espresso machine are still around, I'll still be here. Even if I have to pick the locks.
    Don't worry, we're making lots of keys for everyone

  4. #24  
    ah, yes, what did ever happen to that company making a webos key duplicator?
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  5. #25  
    I think they are on iOS now, but cant' get their app approved
  6.    #26  
    Thanks to everyone who's dropped by on this thread (especially you, Derek).

    I'm sticking with my Preł til it (or Synergy) dies. May my TPs never die!

    Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preł (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preł Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
    Vistaus, Grabber5.0 and jrb363 like this.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by bethel95 View Post
    Thanks to everyone who's dropped by on this thread (especially you, Derek).

    I'm sticking with my Preł til it (or Synergy) dies. May my TPs never die!
    Are you still rocking the Treo BT headset?
  8. webOpete's Avatar
    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    #28  
    I have ported part of my Palm Pre to my Android.

    Hardware part that is. I'm using its wireless charging hardware.

    Still have my routine of placing, charging and grabbing my new android where my palm used to be.
    ananimus likes this.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    So sad. I remember how this place was flying a couple of years ago. Mods had their hands full keeping up with the posts. It was fun! As a long time Palm fan... it's even more difficult to see the light fade out like this.

    Agreed.. but wasn't all the 'action' here a couple of years ago 'largely' due to the major influx of newbies (such as myself!) as a direct result of the HP TP/Pre3 Firesale debacle etc?
    Probably many of those machines have either 'bricked-out' on ebay, sit gathering dust in Mum's cupboard, or are now dual-booting CM9/10 anyway?

    Don't forget also that as these existing devices are for the most part actually very robust and reliable - 'Silence is Golden' ?

    As I've mentioned before, let's watch the two wings (LG & ACL?) of the webOS 'Phoenix' now arise in their own time from these 'ashes'!

    A Bright New Dawn maybe just over the Horizon!


    TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by ananimus View Post
    Come now, Vistaus...


    Click to view quoted image
    So you work for the webOS Team and are breaking the NDA now by telling me I'm naive because you guys aren't working on a new phone? Well, thanks for that secret information.
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    Agreed.. but wasn't all the 'action' here a couple of years ago 'largely' due to the major influx of newbies (such as myself!) as a direct result of the HP TP/Pre3 Firesale debacle etc?
    I meant before that time... back in the heyday of webOS 2009/10
    Vistaus likes this.
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Sadly (but honestly) this site has not become a discussion site for enthusiasts. We will get a few new users who have just purchased a device from somewhere, but the restaurant has basically closed but we're still serving coffee and good conversation for those locals who want to hang out and enjoy.
    I am one of those few new users. Purchased a used, but like brand new Pre3 from amazon.de in September 2012 and I am really happy with it.
    But without this brilliant site, I wouldn't have solved any of the things I ran into or found the things I wanted.
    Thank you all for that!
    Currently I'm listening to music streamed from a samba drive while writing this.
    I really hope, I can use this device for quite a while longer as my phone.

    Regards,
    UW
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    "..I remember how this place was flying a couple of years ago.."
    I meant before that time... back in the heyday of webOS 2009/10

    Sorree!!

    But that was actually 4 years ago.. not 'a couple'!!
    You must still be enjoying yourself though, as 'time' seems to be flying by for you!

    Last edited by Mutoidi; 05/23/2013 at 07:41 AM.

    TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    So you work for the webOS Team and are breaking the NDA now by telling me I'm naive because you guys aren't working on a new phone? Well, thanks for that secret information.
    Yes, the webOS team works under a confidentiality agreement - everybody who ever worked anywhere on any project generally does. But just because they are keeping things under wraps doesn't mean that they're working on anything more than the already-announced webOS television. We’ve seen absolutely no evidence to support anything other than what's already public knowledge.

    Of course, the absence of evidence is not proof of anything. There's a slimmer than slim chance they're working on mobile LG webOS hardware, but I've seen no evidence that would indicate that is the case.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Choorp likes this.
  15. Noremacam's Avatar
    Posts
    18 Posts
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    #35  
    I find more likely(I hope I hope I hope) that LG's television work will still mean they are improving open webos(even if it's for their own use) and then they feed those improvements back to the community.

    I hope I hope I hope I hope....
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    Yes, the webOS team works under a confidentiality agreement - everybody who ever worked anywhere on any project generally does. But just because they are keeping things under wraps doesn't mean that they're working on anything more than the already-announced webOS television. We’ve seen absolutely no evidence to support anything other than what's already public knowledge.

    Of course, the absence of evidence is not proof of anything. There's a slimmer than slim chance they're working on mobile LG webOS hardware, but I've seen no evidence that would indicate that is the case.
    *sigh*

    "TV is LG's first focus, but according to Samuel Chang, vice president/general manager of Innovation and Smart TV at LG, the company isn't ruling out other options, including phones."

    The fact that they aren't ruling phones out means that there is a chance, how slim that chance might be, that they're secretly working on phones. You may be less optimistic than I am but so far I've yet to see you come with proof that they aren't working on it so till then I'm still right that there is a chance that under the NDA they are working on a new webOS phone.
    jrb363 likes this.
  17. #37  
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCFB2akLh4s[/YT]


    Had to be done
  18. jrb363's Avatar
    Posts
    75 Posts
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    #38  
    I've only been around as an official 'member' since I purchased my Touchpad in the great firesale of 2011. However, since then I have picked up a Veer that I use occasionally when I have a desire for webOS or just need a phone smaller than my HTC One. (itself a wonderful phone...I love Sense and Android is very interesting, but I digress) I still come here although much less frequently. The first thing I noticed was, like the OP stated, there have been no updates in ~10 days. It alarmed me as well. I don't know what the future holds but as long as my Touchpad/Veer are working I will continue using them as often as needed.

    The Touchpad will be my only tablet until it completely dies. Even then I will probably pick one up used on ebay. That's how much I truly like webOS. I only went with the One because I prefer software keyboards and have been due for an upgrade nearly 4 years. I have been waiting, hoping and praying for a webOS phone in that time. It never happened so I was forced to look elsewhere. I will not abandon this site or my fellow webOS brothers & sisters in arms, even if we don't see each other as often these days.

    Long live webOS!
    Proud owner of a 16GB HP Touchpad since 10/26/2011!
    Proud PALM user since the Palm III in 2002
  19. #39  
    Just a heads up, when TM13 launches next month we will remove webOS Nation from the top network bar and footer. The site will remain running indefinitely though, just as VisorCentral.com and TreoCentral.com are still accessible.

    If webOS gets another life-extension by LG, we will start promoting the site again.
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by jrb363 View Post
    I've only been around as an official 'member' since I purchased my Touchpad in the great firesale of 2011. However, since then I have picked up a Veer that I use occasionally when I have a desire for webOS or just need a phone smaller than my HTC One. (itself a wonderful phone...I love Sense and Android is very interesting, but I digress) I still come here although much less frequently. The first thing I noticed was, like the OP stated, there have been no updates in ~10 days. It alarmed me as well. I don't know what the future holds but as long as my Touchpad/Veer are working I will continue using them as often as needed.

    The Touchpad will be my only tablet until it completely dies. Even then I will probably pick one up used on ebay. That's how much I truly like webOS. I only went with the One because I prefer software keyboards and have been due for an upgrade nearly 4 years. I have been waiting, hoping and praying for a webOS phone in that time. It never happened so I was forced to look elsewhere. I will not abandon this site or my fellow webOS brothers & sisters in arms, even if we don't see each other as often these days.

    Long live webOS!
    I recently left webOS after almost 4 years on it. Also got the HTC One and Im happy with it so far. Its nice to have access to new apps and seeing apps constantly updated again. Also its great to be running on the great hardware (no lag).
    jrb363 likes this.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The Great webOS Nation Giveaway: webOS haiku, four HP Pre3s to win, for AT&T
    By Derek Kessler in forum webOSNation.com - Site News, Feedback & Help
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04/13/2013, 11:09 AM
  2. Welcome to the new webOS Nation!
    By Derek Kessler in forum webOSNation.com - Site News, Feedback & Help
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 04/10/2012, 09:00 PM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02/21/2012, 04:44 AM
  4. webOS Nation gone?
    By the1bobcat in forum webOSNation.com - Site News, Feedback & Help
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01/31/2012, 03:11 PM
  5. P|C has a new name! Welcome to webOS Nation!!
    By HelloNNNewman in forum webOSNation.com - Site News, Feedback & Help
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12/19/2011, 09:41 AM

Posting Permissions