Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes
    Global Posts
    385 Global Posts
    With HPís webOS winding down (though see this cool prototype just revealed), webOS Nationís Derek Kessler will hopefully be picking up a few stories here and there on the site. I personally hooked him up with an HTC 8x and Lumia 920, so my fingers are crossed that he does something useful with them.

Derekís been writing on mobile for quite some time and his articles are always well thought out and articulate. When heís not doing his day job in the U.S. Army, Iím hoping we get to see some of his expertise spill over onto our pages here at Windows Phone Central.
    Good to see Mobile Nations finding new stuff for Derek to do. I'd imagine it must be kinda boring running a webOS news site at this point in time...
    Lolwut. Not to be rude but I thought he was more of a fan of the Apple ecosystem outside of the webOS world? So why did he choose WPCentral over iMore then? Only because he got a free HTC and Nokia? Nonetheless I do hope he keeps writing for webOS Nation too because his articles are always a joy to read
    id have thought the popular apple side would have plenty covering them already.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    As a former webOS (launch day Palm Pre -->FrankenPre2) phone user and now a Nokia L920 user, DK is a welcome addition to the staff at wpcentral.

I still come back here to keep on top of webOS news, slow as it is, because they still haven't pried my Touchpad out of my hands.
    xandros9, Etios, jrb363 and 1 others like this.
    Derek's going from one failed platform that caused us so much pain and agony to another struggling one... hmm, tough road and heartaches ahead...?? (hope not). Wish all the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by laoh View Post
    Derek's going from one failed platform that caused us so much pain and agony to another struggling one... hmm, tough road and heartaches ahead...?? (hope not). Wish all the best.
    his skills in that department seem perfect then
    touchthatpad106 and jrb363 like this.
    I'm not a WP fanboy but let's keep it fair: LMAO, struggling? Nokia had a 27% boost in sales last quarter!
    http://www.results.nokia.com/results...lts2013Q1e.pdf
    And HTC sold more 8X phones than every WP phone they had before.

Yes, WP most likely won't beat Android or iOS anytime soon but it's far from struggling at this point.
    Etios likes this.
    If T-Mobile had the Lumia 920, it would have been a very serious contender for a new phone for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    If T-Mobile had the Lumia 920, it would have been a very serious contender for a new phone for me.
    I was looking at the 8X for a long time, but when it came down to it I went for the Z10 (just gotta be different!). The Windows Phone OS just seemed too toy-like compared to BB10, in my opinion.

The camera "lens" feature they've got is COOOL though. Very jealous of that!
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
    Having owned a htc hd7, the Samsung 9300 I think it was, Lumia 800 and 920 I have to say Wp7 was interesting when it came out but all the versions after didn't bring anything new that made me want to stay with WP, the multitasking is not well implemented, just like iOS IMO, compared to webOS.

That's not to say it isn't a good OS, it is solid very stable, but it is very marmite, you'll either love it or hate it ;-)

Barry
    -- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Yep, I'll be writing some over at Windows Phone Central. Just like I've been writing for some time on iMore. You can expect to see more of my on Android Central and CrackBerry.

More Derek in more places.™
    "'Form follows function' ó that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    xandros9, Rnp, laoh and 3 others like this.
    OS/2 and AmigaOS will never die, either.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Vistaus and geekpeter like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    Yep, I'll be writing some over at Windows Phone Central. Just like I've been writing for some time on iMore. You can expect to see more of my on Android Central and CrackBerry.

More Derek in more places.ô
    n1, if your doing more on every front no doubt well get to read more interesting comments from the avid fanbase of every OS, just like the epic set of comments from your recent editorial on android central that was so popular
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    Lolwut. Not to be rude but I thought he was more of a fan of the Apple ecosystem outside of the webOS world? So why did he choose WPCentral over iMore then? Only because he got a free HTC and Nokia? Nonetheless I do hope he keeps writing for webOS Nation too because his articles are always a joy to read
    Well looking at the fact that Richard Devine is an Android fan but is now writing on iMore, I guess writers are to some extent platform agnostic when it comes to their reporting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    More Derek in more places.ô
    Scary thought!

Quote Originally Posted by dc9super80 View Post
    Well looking at the fact that Richard Devine is an Android fan but is now writing on iMore, I guess writers are to some extent platform agnostic when it comes to their reporting.
    I believe to be a good tech writer you have to be using the competition of whatever you carry to actually write a good article. I know of a tech writer I met from the forums but that doesn't write for MN that is constantly tweeting about unboxing something.

From my interaction with the M|N writing staff, even though they have their devices, they are well versed in all platforms and all levels of tech (not just mobile tech).
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    As if Apple need more funnyboys... and the WP have wireless charger!! Now, Derek can be addicted in this!!

Best Regards...
    Last edited by Rnp; 05/02/2013 at 02:26 PM.
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    As a longtime Palm user who is giving a Z10 a go I look forward to see D.K on Crackberry.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    As is Apple need more funnyboys... and the WP have wireless charger!! Now, Derek can be addicted in this!!

Best Regards...
    Oh, wireless charging. Yes, not there for Apple. [/sarcasm]
    Dude, there is a inductive charging pad for the Apple Magic Mouse that also charges the iPhone.

Sorry, don't want to sound like a fanboy at all, just want to state the truth. But: I still love the Palm puck that charges my Pre 3
    Oh, well... Irony explained - joke failure...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Vistaus likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by workerb View Post
    As a longtime Palm user who is giving a Z10 a go I look forward to see D.K on Crackberry.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    You should try to setup inductive charging with some old Palm charging pieces. If someone figures it out on the Q10 I would be hyped.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast