1.    #1  
    Hi. I just noticed that all of your forums work (I checked all 18) fine via PQA (i.e. have images etc), except the "Sprint Treo 300." That particular one doesn't show images and it gets truncated.

I wanted to post this here, even though I've already sent mail to support@treocentral.com. Not trying to SPAM you or anything

Essentially, what I'm saying is that if I use Clipper (i.e. a PQA or OCC) to navigate treocentral, the whole site and forums appear to be nice and handheld friendly. Until I get to "Sprint Treo 300" where all of the images go away and the pages get truncated etc etc.

I think there must be a checkbox or PalmComputingPlatform or HandheldFriendly meta tag typo or missing in that particular forum.

Edited: Ok hold on a sec. I've downloaded two forums locally (270 & 300) and I'm investigating why the 300 doesn't appear correctly within Clipper. Both appear to be similar so I'm not sure what the problem is yet. I'll edit this when I figure it out.

Edited: I found out what the problem is. Size. Apparently Clipper <= 3.5 starts acting weird when pages get greater than 16K. I'm referring to the page itself, and not including images. When I got rid of a couple of threads in the 300 forum, it works ok. I notice in my editor that it was around 17K where it started working properly. There's lots of complete URL references in there, so perhaps some of them could be changed to be relative or maybe the number of threads per page of the mobile version could be reduced.
    Last edited by potatoho; 02/19/2003 at 04:04 PM.
    Where did you get a pqa for treocentral?
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by millerhifi
    Where did you get a pqa for treocentral?
    I don't use many PQAs, per se. I use occman. Then you can make your own OCC files, just enter the URL.

http://palmgear.com/software/showsof...m?prodID=45551
    why not use the mobile site?
    Originally posted by potatoho

I don't use many PQAs, per se. I use occman. Then you can make your own OCC files, just enter the URL.

http://palmgear.com/software/showsof...m?prodID=45551
    Thanks,
    I was just curious. Sounds a bit too much of a hassle to deal with.
  6.    #6  
    Originally posted by mrgarza
    why not use the mobile site?
    I am. It's gets too big. The site automatically gives you the mobile site when you follow an email link. Though it doesn't when it does that weird visorcentral one, but that's another problem.
  7.    #7  
    Originally posted by millerhifi
    (re: OCC) I was just curious. Sounds a bit too much of a hassle to deal with.
    Depends on what you're currently using. I was using PQAnywhere. Now that's a hassle

I have a bunch of sites I visit throughout the day. Anything I visit more than a couple of times, I'll make into OCC. It's much faster than using bookmarks in Blazer, for example. Or using PQAnywhere to make a PQA. Plus I like how easy it is to manage them from occman.

I've made 11 OCC's so far. Just use Blazer or something to find a page you want, then cut & paste it into occman. It's like having 11 separate browsers open (each with it's own history) which I can flip back and forth between. And.. I can leave Blazer sitting on the important stuff.