Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree92Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    From this article:

Repurposing WebOS Nation to include some of the other smaller systems seems to be the best way to save it. Mobile Nations would be able to easily increase their reach while grabbing more readers. They get more readers, and we don't have to worry about losing the site completely. Everyone wins!
    Watering down WebOS Nation to "other OS nation" is guaranteed to kill it. Right now it has a niche that works. Adding coverage of every development on other "alt" platforms will damage that niche and alienate existing users who will need to dig through the muck of subject matter they have zero interest in.

*Adding* an "alt nations" sphere - in addition to all the existing ones - might be interesting. It presents the option to interested users without disrupting the existing community.
    geekpeter and Remy X like this.
    In case some missed it, here is where we are going to discuss other Mobile Operating Systems:

Mobile Nations Forums
    Just call me Berd.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    Thanks for all you do Derek. Your post just made my day. 😊

Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express
    Just like Berd and Kevin have mentioned earlier... I encourage you all to head over to the Mobile Nations Forums to discuss other mobile platforms... let's get the Amazon, Ubuntu, Facebook, Mozilla and Tizen forums rocking!

James Falconer
    Community Manager, Mobile Nations
    Email: james@mobilenations.com
    Twitter: @JamesFalconer
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I agree with what has been said so far. There are tons of great information here for WebOS, the best in the world. As long as people are interested in the platform, this place should continue to exist as-is.

I own a Ford Aspire website, which has a very limited user bases these days for obvious reasons. I played with the idea of rolling the site up into a sub compact car forum but the user base did not prefer that. People still want information on the car, so that information is still there. Some posts are from 2003, but still help the handfull of people who have them in 2013.

I appreciate the site and hope it continues to exist.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I'm not sure if Derek gave us a link to the MN site for these OS'
    http://forums.mobilenations.com/#mob...ms-public-beta
    RumordNow has already started a thread over there.
    Yeah... You invite that dude in and he starts making himself at home. What's up with that?

BTW - Still looking for where you guys stashed the 'fridge. I've already rifled through the medicine cabinet.

Quote Originally Posted by James Falconer View Post
    That, sir, is one big link!!! Guess they'll have to see that one.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Remy X likes this.
    But don't be spending ALL of your time over there
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    But don't be spending ALL of your time over there
    Yeah we need some work around here too!
  9.    #69  
    This thread has really been a hit.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234