Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree92Likes
    I don't care if it gets added here, or if another site is formed. I just want to see a site that encompasses all things OpenSource.
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    This forum seems to be doing fine. As a matter of fact, this thread has 3 pages in it already.
    Quote Originally Posted by CometGSR View Post
    This forum seems to be doing fine. As a matter of fact, this thread has 3 pages in it already.
    If you were here for a while, you'd know that things are extremely slow in these forums now.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    I don't like the idea but its not up to me. I come here daily to check things outs and I don't like the idea of diluting the site down.

Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express
    It's definitely an idea to consider. Do you mean just one of those or all of those?
    It's very likely, if it happens, it will be a sister site.
    Just call me Berd.
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by Emu the Foo View Post
    It's definitely an idea to consider. Do you mean just one of those or all of those?
    Could you rephrase?
    We might mean one of all of those.
    But then again, all of those of just one would be fine also.
    Just call me Berd.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    Users vs developers?

Well.. If say you got rid of the developers to curtail some perceived negativity, what would we end up with? Unbridled idealism and no-one to fix bugs.

At this point in time i don't feel it's worth alienating anyone or letting others bait the ones who have a bad temperment. Every qualified and passionate person counts IMHO

Anyway, the XDA forum may have its issues but some of these guys played a big part in solving the QHUSB-DLOAD stuck/bricked TP issue...
    You got it wrong. I wasn't talking about users vs developers, I was talking about users helping users without smartass attitude and brief negative responses to someone's problems posted on the boards. I was talking about keeping good spirit of this place. Developers are always welcome, but real ones.
    Remy X likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    We might mean one of all of those.
    But then again, all of those of just one would be fine also.
    However, most are saying they'd rather not have those here with this.
    Just call me Berd.
    Anyway, to make my position clear, i support this idea in the form of a sister site, however i am strongly against bringing this into the webOS forum and having the associated petty arguments arise and crowd out legitimate webOS discussion. This forum should be a sanctuary for the webOS fan and not a battlefield..
    While we appreciate the concern about the future of this site and community, we aren't going to attempt to shoehorn webOS Nation into something its not. This is a site and community dedicated and specialized towards webOS.

As for other sites, Mobile Nations is constantly evaluating emerging operating systems to determine where to best dedicate our resources. The success of Mobile Nations has always been built on sites dedicated to single platforms and their communities. Our specialty is specializing, if you will. You shouldn't expect any additional sites added to the Mobile Nations network to break that pattern.

Be it a hypothetical Ubuntu Nation or FoxMore or Tinzen Central, any expansion will be done deliberately and with appropriate specialization. You wouldn't want to have to wade through masses of Ubuntu vs. Firefox debates here on webOS Nation, and we wouldn't want to inflict that kind of internal strife on anybody else.

tl;dr version: webOS Nation will not be transitioned into something else, and something else won't be everything else.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    gizmo21, Remy X, Rnp and 3 others like this.
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    While we appreciate the concern about the future of this site and community, we aren't going to attempt to shoehorn webOS Nation into something its not. This is a site and community dedicated and specialized towards webOS.

As for other sites, Mobile Nations is constantly evaluating emerging operating systems to determine where to best dedicate our resources. The success of Mobile Nations has always been built on sites dedicated to single platforms and their communities. Our specialty is specializing, if you will. You shouldn't expect any additional sites added to the Mobile Nations network to break that pattern.

Be it a hypothetical Ubuntu Nation or FoxMore or Tinzen Central, any expansion will be done deliberately and with appropriate specialization. You wouldn't want to have to wade through masses of Ubuntu vs. Firefox debates here on webOS Nation, and we wouldn't want to inflict that kind of internal strife on anybody else.

tl;dr version: webOS Nation will not be transitioned into something else, and something else won't be everything else.
    Okay
    Last edited by Derek Kessler; 03/14/2013 at 11:24 AM.

Couldn't resist! LOL
    Hey All,

Soo... little secret here... though we've never broadcast it before and it's just a fun beta right now, you can actually jump over to http://forums.mobilenations.com and we already have a few forums setup there for the other platforms.

The thought here is that maybe we keep the smaller platforms (tizen, unbuntu, etc.) discussion there, and then once a platform is big enough it gets its own community.

This is a big forum. Would start to get messy (as Derek said) by trying to evolve it beyond its core focus.

Kevin
  16.    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Michaluk View Post
    Hey All,

Soo... little secret here... though we've never broadcast it before and it's just a fun beta right now, you can actually jump over to http://forums.mobilenations.com and we already have a few forums setup there for the other platforms.

The thought here is that maybe we keep the smaller platforms (tizen, unbuntu, etc.) discussion there, and then once a platform is big enough it gets its own community.

This is a big forum. Would start to get messy (as Derek said) by trying to evolve it beyond its core focus.

Kevin
    Could we have Jolla/MeeGo/Sailfish there too? That would be helpful. Thanks!
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 03/14/2013 at 11:54 AM. Reason: fixed quote
    Can we merge sites iMore with Android Central?
    I think those two would get along great.
    Just call me Berd.
    Funny

You forgot the "I Agree" button to we use...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    johncc likes this.
    I'm not sure if Derek gave us a link to the MN site for these OS'
    http://forums.mobilenations.com/#mob...ms-public-beta
    RumordNow has already started a thread over there.
    Just call me Berd.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast