Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By GMMan
  • 1 Post By Grabber5.0
  • 1 Post By Grabber5.0
  1.    #1  
    Is there any particular reason it looks like all posts from apps (Tapatalk, Forums, Communities) are being displayed in plain text on the website version with all the encoding displayed in lieu of formatting? It seems to be happening all over.
    I suspect it's an issue with the Tapatalk plugin (or a side effect of a mod to the forum software) call for adding new messages for this particular forum. If you pull it back up on your phone in edit mode and save (even without changing anything) it fixes it. You can also edit them in the browser and it also fixes them.
    I remember this started mostly around the time the forums got the new header. I don't know how vBulletin stores post data, but I bet when posts pass through Tapatalk they get stored escaped, so BBCode turns out to be literals.
    RumoredNow likes this.
  4.    #5  
    Oy. Any suggestions for a fix? Would have to go through app devs, or can this be fixed on the forum?
    You probably have to bring it to the attention of the site administrators. I doubt this is a client-side issue, since the formatting seems to be find on other sites.
  6.    #7  
    *yelling:* HEY SITE ADMINISTRATORS! READ THIS THREAD!

Yeah. Been a long week. I'll pass it on, thanks!
    I'm pretty sure it was brought up before - perhaps not directed properly. Do we have to report it via some specific link or forum?
    Would anyone here be able to post screenshots to help illustrate the problem?
    James Falconer
    Community Manager, Mobile Nations
    Email: james@mobilenations.com
    Twitter: @JamesFalconer
    Quote Originally Posted by James Falconer View Post
    Browse around. It's fairly common around the forums. Just look for long posts with quote and img tags.
    Here's one! (assuming it hasn't been fixed yet). Sent from my Pre2 using Forums.
    ananimus likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Here's one! (assuming it hasn't been fixed yet). Sent from my Pre2 using Forums.
    From Tapatalk.
    ananimus likes this.
    Now if I were to edit one of those using either app, it would fix it.
  13.    #14  
    Here's a screenshot of Grabber's post (just in case it's also browser dependent).

Also, it's 2013 and I still can't upload images to the forum.

Sorry, my stupid was showing. Attached!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ananimus; 02/23/2013 at 10:55 PM.
    @James, I've brought this up on forum in the past, but I think it slipped past. Let me know and I can give you direct links to as many posts as the team needs as it happens all the time with anyone posting with Tapatalk. I believe the other mods said they weren't seeing the issue on their sites, but I can pull up that thread again.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    @James, I've brought this up on forum in the past, but I think it slipped past. Let me know and I can give you direct links to as many posts as the team needs as it happens all the time with anyone posting with Tapatalk. I believe the other mods said they weren't seeing the issue on their sites, but I can pull up that thread again.
    That'd be tremendously helpful, because I can't seem to recreate the problem (yet) on my end. Shoot me an email with the details and I'll take this on asap.

Thanks all!
    James Falconer
    Community Manager, Mobile Nations
    Email: james@mobilenations.com
    Twitter: @JamesFalconer
    That'd be tremendously helpful, because I can't seem to recreate the problem (yet) on my end. Shoot me an email with the details and I'll take this on asap.

Thanks all!
    It's easy to recreate the problem. Just post from a Tapatalk app. :P

Sent from my Nexus 4
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.