Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By HelloNNNewman
  1.    #1  
    Just wondering if we can use those tags too. I've seen various moderators use them, and thought they would be useful in tutorials and such. If they're not restricted to moderators only, what are all of the tags?
    [WARN]
    Test
    [/WARN]

I don't think we can use them.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    The tags are disabled for regular members. Only mods have access to them.
  4.    #4  
    Aw shucks. But it makes sense, since the results stick out a bit more. Don't want someone spamming posts with them.
    LOL... if we opened them up, they would lose meaning since people would be using them constantly for anything.
    im guessing at a push tho if those tags were relevant, that devs or people who have a good reason to use them can still use the tags, they will show as plain text when posted, but could a mod then edit/save the post and then tags the magically work?

then theres no bad spam and if its for a good cause in the eyes of a mod they either bring it to life or leave as is?
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    im guessing at a push tho if those tags were relevant, that devs or people who have a good reason to use them can still use the tags, they will show as plain text when posted, but could a mod then edit/save the post and then tags the magically work?

then theres no bad spam and if its for a good cause in the eyes of a mod they either bring it to life or leave as is?
    I do agree that the tags would be useful for devs to make certain info stand out, but what you suggest sounds like a lot of work for the mods.
    I believe the tags are available for Devs who are moderating their own forums, but outside of that, if we see a post where someone tried to use them, we remove it (otherwise it will stir things up). If anyone wants to post an "information" or "note" as something to help members, just let a mod know and we can add it to the post if it is reasonable.
    geekpeter and Garrett92C like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I do agree that the tags would be useful for devs to make certain info stand out, but what you suggest sounds like a lot of work for the mods.
    if this is your way of saying your about to flood us with tons upon tons of apps/widgets/other goodness that need such treatment then i cant see anyone complaining

otherwise its likely to be reasonably infrequently, besides the least we can do is ask, the worst that happens is they say no
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    If Garrett has more goodies in store... we can always get him a dev forum location to post them in.
    No new goodies currently planned... I normally just wait around for a cool idea, then make it. lol