Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
  1.    #1  
    Noticed the new categories today. I think I like it in general. I'm not sure what others think about subforums, but getting rid of most of them makes miscategorization less likely. I'm mixed about sticking the community section up top, as I don't think they're used often enough to be up there. The popular section is totally redundant, as it's already in the trending/member shoutout box/top box.
    Thanks for the feedback!

Anything else that strikes you as good or bad?
    James Falconer
    Community Manager, Mobile Nations
    Email: james@mobilenations.com
    Twitter: @JamesFalconer
    I'm sure it's a done deal and we'll get used to it... *shrug*

All the icons for each forum in a section do not necessarily match any more... Looks off.

Random attempts to open a forum result in error message... Retrying seems to fix that. Hope it is not a permanent feature...

You Tube embedding fails: "Disabled by Request"

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjFHrXacRCQ[/YT]

Ok so that time it worked, but it did not work earlier in another forum...

In the "webOS Discussion" category on the main page, clicking on the "webOS Discussion" forum link takes you to the short page that displays the "webOS Discussion" catagory showing all the forums therein and you have to select the forum "webOS Discussion" yet again to actually enter the forum... Hope that makes sense.
    Last edited by RumoredNow; 02/05/2013 at 01:47 PM.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Thanks for this! I'll get some new icons in there shortly.

The 'webOS Discussion' forum should work now too...

Finally, the random errors you see should be fixed shortly. It's a server issue, we're working out the kinks Thanks for your patience, and for bringing 'Helper Cat'!
    James Falconer
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    You're welcome...

And also users might want to delete cookies and such. I'm finding it much smoother since I did so.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
  6.    #6  
    I just noticed the Unanswered Threads "forum" doesn't work, because its search ID is hardcoded. Those links expire after a new one's generated, so this particular one won't work.
    Please, bring back old organization. Please.
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    I just noticed the Unanswered Threads "forum" doesn't work, because its search ID is hardcoded. Those links expire after a new one's generated, so this particular one won't work.
    Should be all good now!
    James Falconer
  9.    #9  
    Just wondering, does anyone actually go into the forums and look for posts? I almost exclusively use the New Posts search, so the forums just become similar to tags. I never actually give much attention to the specific categories they're in, only using it if the post is about problems with a specific device or something like that.
    kayphoonstar and johncc like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    Just wondering, does anyone actually go into the forums and look for posts? I almost exclusively use the New Posts search, so the forums just become similar to tags. I never actually give much attention to the specific categories they're in, only using it if the post is about problems with a specific device or something like that.
    The New Posts function is good for frequent users like your or me. But for new members, or those looking for help, organization is useful.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    The New Posts function is good for frequent users like your or me. But for new members, or those looking for help, organization is useful.
    agreed, especially when I was more device focused, when I only had Sprint Pre I could only use and offer a limited amount of help, the last year and a half vastly expanded my knowledgebase and new posts is used mostly
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I'm so confused!
    digin the redesign so far
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Would like to be able to select default landing page which would be new posts for me. If it already has this never mind. And didn't have time to see if anyone requested this already.
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Would like to be able to select default landing page which would be new posts for me. If it already has this never mind. And didn't have time to see if anyone requested this already.
    You could probably just bookmark the 'new posts' URL?

http://forums.webosnation.com/search.php?do=getnew
    James Falconer
    Now let's be serious - site organization is complete decomposition of structure and order without logic and sense. I know you all worked hard to bring change but I was never visited site with worst structure.
    It seems that you more prefer chitchat forums than openwebos development forum which is now scattered across board.
    Um, where is that subforum that I always frequent? I CANT FIND IT FOR THE LIFE OF ME!
    In other news, not liking the redesign at all.
    Devices:
    HP TouchPad WiFi 32 GB - webOS 3.0.5 + CyanogenMod 10.2 Kernel 3.0
    HP TouchPad 4G 32 GB - webOS 3.0.5 + CyanogenMod 10.1 MBM Beta
    HTC One (T-Mobile)
    Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7" 2012
    Apple iPhone 4 (Verizon)
    I have to also agree, chalx. The old organization was not perfect, but the structure of of the new layout is much worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by gamer765 View Post
    Um, where is that subforum that I always frequent? I CANT FIND IT FOR THE LIFE OF ME!
    We can't answer that one unless you tell us which subforum you are referring to
    Quote Originally Posted by gamer765 View Post
    Which forum are you looking for?
    James Falconer
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast