Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes
  1.    #1  

It's time to announce the winners!
    A big THANK YOU to all that cast their votes, we really appreciate it!

Remember, next year these awards are going to be bigger and better, and we're ALWAYS open to your thoughts and comments.
    Please reach out to me if you have any suggestions.

2012 Mobile Nations Community Awards - webOS Nation Edition AWARD WINNERS:

Biggest Diehard:
    GMMan
    ...For making so many cool things and posting so much!

Craziest Avatar:
    steven_farkas
    ...For shambling webOS zombie goodness.

Favorite Moderator:
    OldSkoolVWLover
    ...Omnipresent, great sense of humor, fair, helpful, great knowledge base.

Funniest Member:
    pogeypre
    ...I don't think the guy is sane Specific example... anything he's ever posted!

Most Active:
    GMMan
    ...Always on, many projects going, tireless researcher.

Most Knowledgable:
    rwhitby
    ...Well, 'cause he's Rod! In Rod We Trust!

Best New Member 2012:
    Remy X
    ...super involved right out of the gate

Most Helpful:
    matteebee13
    ...This member helps a lot of people. He has a deep knowledge of different versions and esoteric solutions. Always offers private help as well via PM. A class act and pitches right in with viable solutions.

We will be in touch with the winners in the near future to let them know what they've won

Congratulations to all of the winners!

========================================

Alright folks, it's time to draw the curtain and turn up the lights… today we start voting on the 2012 Mobile Nations Community Awards - webOS Nation Edition! *thunderous applause*. We want to give a much needed THANKS to the very best community members out there. It's long overdue!

We've put some fun categories together, and we hope you'll take a few moments out of your day to cast your votes and recognize some stand-out members of our community. Voting is on NOW until Noon CST on December 21st, so get your votes in now to show appreciation for some amazing community members. They deserve it.

Once the voting period is over, we will assign some awesome prizes to the equally awesome members. While we can't award prizes to everyone (we'd sure love to), we'd still like to think that anyone nominated is a winner

VOTING IS NOW CLOSED
    THANKS TO ALL THAT VOTED!

Contest Rules & Fine Print:
    - Members may vote ONCE in each award category.
    - Contest is open worldwide.
    - Voting ends at 12 Noon CST on December 21st.
    - Award winners and prizes will be announced on all Mobile Nations sites soon thereafter.
    Last edited by James Falconer; 12/27/2012 at 12:51 PM.
    James Falconer
    Community Manager, Mobile Nations
    Email: james@mobilenations.com
    Twitter: @JamesFalconer
  2.    #3  
    It should...
    James Falconer
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    Does this work on the TouchPad?
    I haven't tried on TP, but from the looks of it, no reason it shouldn't work as James said.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Ran through the survey, and a couple of comments:
    1. How about laying out everything on the same page? It seems to make more sense to me.
    2. Best avatar is, I don't know, a bit silly. Silly's fine, though I don't come here to stare at the avatars. It's the text content that counts, and whatever people use for pictures is sort of unimpressionable.
    3. There should be categories for best homebrew/patch developers. Some devs can only make their work available through the forums, and it's good to recognize them.
    WARNING:

DO NOT preview the questions.

You can not back up and there is no "do over" if you do not submit the form. You end up not being able to vote.

Maybe next year I can participate, I'm locked into the final question only.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    You can not back up and there is no "do over" if you do not submit the form. You end up not being able to vote.
    Case in point to suggestion 1.

You can remove a "certain flag thingy" to try again. Of course, for a vote like this a more rigorous way to keep track of who's voted or not than using the same web technology that everyone else uses for unrelated purposes is desired.
  7.    #8  
    Thanks all for the feedback here. Going to keep all of this in mind for contests and awards going forward for sure.

Regarding putting all of the categories on one page... we decided to divide things up into 1 page per category because the page looked quite a mess (busy and confusing) when everything was on 1 page, even 2 pages.
    James Falconer
  8.    #9  
    WARNING:

DO NOT preview the questions.

Maybe next year I can participate, I'm locked into the final question only.
    PM or email me your votes if you want to get your votes in. Certainly don't want to stop anyone from having their say!
    James Falconer
    OK... clearing out my browser cache, history, cookies lets me back in at question one and also logs me out of webOS Nation.

But at least I'm not shut out.

Still I think it might be advantageous to be able to view the questions first so as to allow some thought to be put into the answers...

1) Who is the BIGGEST webOS Diehard?
    Why you think they're the most diehard?

2) Who has the Craziest Avatar?
    Why is their Avatar Crazy?

3) Who is your Favorite Moderator?
    Why are they your Favorite?

4) Who is the Funniest Member?
    Any specific stories or examples to share?

5) Who is the Most Active Member?
    Why are they the most active?

6) Who is the Most Knowledgeable Member?
    Why are they the most knowledgeable?

7) Who is the Best New Member for 2012?
    Why are they the best new member?

8) Who is the Most Helpful Member?
    How has this member helped you?

Mobile Nations Devotee
    7 is gonna be a hard one.... I've got two for that one... gonna have to flip a coin
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    ^^ agree.. I had a toss-up on a couple of questions, but ultimately made the decision

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
    <---- was your answer for three
    I thought #3 said 'favorite'. Hmmm....

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    Everyone's avatars are crazy lately after the recent resize/crop. The craziest of the bunch must be dkirker's, which was totally <deleted>, in a strange starburst of pixelation
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 12/11/2012 at 03:09 PM. Reason: posting around filters
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    <---- was your answer for three
    It very well could be....

if...

<----- is your answer to #7

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    Everyone's avatars are crazy lately after the recent resize/crop. The craziest of the bunch must be dkirker's, which was totally <deleted>, in a strange starburst of pixelation
    whats it doing? seems to have resized/made fit left<>right and chopped up<>down keeping the normal aspect ratio? only a guess from what its done to mine.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 12/11/2012 at 03:09 PM.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    It very well could be....

if...

<----- is your answer to #7

I will say you were one of the two I mentioned that popped into my head first
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    whats it doing? seems to have resized/made fit left<>right and chopped up<>down keeping the normal aspect ratio? only a guess from what its done to mine.
    It has weird pixelated swirling around what is supposed to be the actual picture.

I wish my avatar wasn't shrunk. The details get jumbled up when the size was reduced.
    For what it's worth...

The new cropping effect is what made me switch avvies.

I kinda miss Big Boy.

Mobile Nations Devotee
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast