1.    #1  
    Seems the usual Log-On box has dropped off the site...

I tried the Log-On link at the top of the main page and it seemed to do nothing, yet when I looked at News it showed me logged on.

Then when I answered a post I had to log on... NOW I see my logged on status and notifications.

Just sayin'.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    If I may add to that, can the forum login status be extended to the main site's login status? I'm usually logged in to the forums, but it seems I have to log in over and over at the main site.
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    If I may add to that, can the forum login status be extended to the main site's login status? I'm usually logged in to the forums, but it seems I have to log in over and over at the main site.
    Currently, the logins for the Front Page (Main Site) and the Forums are hosted on 2 completely separate servers which don't share databases. Perhaps this will change in the future, but right now they need to be signed into separately.
  4.    #4  
    Still finding that posting a reply is the only way to log on from my laptop...

Win 7, Chrome browser. The newly added Log In link on the top bar of the site doesn't respond when I click., nor will the old Log In link on the ribbon just below that.

Oddly the old Log In link works from my ICS tablet with Opera Mobile browser...

Last I tried from a phone (Veer - stock browser) was Monday and the Sign In box was still there but it acted weird and I had a hard time getting in. It sent me into a refresh loop after I submitted my name and password. I had to close the browser page and reload the site. I was logged in at that point, but I got an email saying someone tried and failed 5 times to sign in as me and they were blocked for 15 minutes...

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Hmmm... It looks like they've done something behind the scenes to combine front page and forum logins into one. Cool. There may be some quirks to the system yet, but I'll make sure I point them to this thread for your feedback
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Hmmm... It looks like they've done something behind the scenes to combine front page and forum logins into one. Cool. There may be some quirks to the system yet, but I'll make sure I point them to this thread for your feedback
    Thanks, Brother. That's all I can ask. Seems to be better already.

The top bar Log in link worked tonight with my tablet.

Mobile Nations Devotee
  7.    #7  
    I still have to do the reply to a post trick to get a log-on screen with Windows 7/Chrome browser configuration...

Mobile Nations Devotee
    had this issue on my pre3 as of today, login box just vanishes, ive had my login details "not stick on" for quite a while on the pre3 tho, sometimes requiring many logins.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  9.    #9  
    OK... From Windows 7 with Chrome...

When I make a post in the Quick Reply box and submit it; the screen goes to wait between posts notice and the text is still in the reply box.

However, if I go straight to the thread (instead of resubmitting Quick Reply) my Quick Reply has been posted.

And editing posts does not finish when using the quick box. Submitting calls up a circling load icon which never finishes. If you click "Go Advanced" and submit edits they resolve in normal fashion/time.

Also, Log On problems persist in that I have to make a reply to a post to get to a log on screen... That is Win 7/Chrome and Touchpad CE 4.9.5/Advanced Browser and Veer 2.1.2/Stock Browser and Pre 2 2.2.4/Stock Browser...

Mobile Nations Devotee