Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By c000
  • 1 Post By HelloNNNewman
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    wonder if the person who designed the forum did not consider checking what it would look like from the perspective of a tablet?

because this is what it looks like on my end
    http://postimage.org/image/suqozxhxz/
    http://postimage.org/image/ynl19689f/

i cant say how much this forum is a turn off. now. being 'faced' with about a whole page -nothing- worth looking at or the least bit interesting to me. the 'old' forum layout was so much better in every way. this new layout is just annoying and makes me not want to look at the forum at all. to give an example once upon a time i would read the forum every day. now? maybe i will look at the forum once every couple weeks, have my stomach cringe at all the 'bloat' and leave.

oh and many, many months ago i made a suggestion to put a minus/minimize option, so we could at least hide all the developer forum (instead of having to scroll down a mile of text) but months have passed and nothing has changed. http://postimage.org/image/ax274bg17/

well things HAVE changed, but all for the worse.

ps. i wonder what the purpose of having site feedback, when i dont think any of the feedback actually resulted in anything. case in point, a lot of suggestions here http://forums.webosnation.com/site-f...os-nation.html
    dunno what that crap is at the top of your page is, ive never seen it? do you have Max Blocker or Ad Blocker installed?

EDIT: Added pic of mine with adv browser, result is exactly the same using stock browser, or glimpse.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ccx View Post
    wonder if the person who designed the forum did not consider checking what it would look like from the perspective of a tablet?

because this is what it looks like on my end
    View image: browser 2012 08 07 113309
    View image: browser 2012 08 07 113322
    Why don't you just switch to the mobile format?
    -carldc

m500>T3>T|X>Treo 755p>Pre>Pixi>Pre 3>Galaxy S4 Mini>Galaxy Alpha>Galaxy S8
    ..........................................TouchPad............Surface Pro
    PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    b/c the mobile version lacks the majority of the features of the non mobile. its almost like the mobile version of sites go to extreme measures to remove just about everything except text. why cant there be some middle ground?
    RumoredNow likes this.
    I've noticed it as well. It seems that it usually happens when there aren't many "new" threads, at least in my experience.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    b/c the mobile version lacks the majority of the features of the non mobile. its almost like the mobile version of sites go to extreme measures to remove just about everything except text. why cant there be some middle ground?
    what about using Tapatalk? I haven't tried it, but I notice several folks do use it. I hear it has more features than te mobile version (which I'm using to type this.
    I'm using tapatalk. It has all the features of the desktop version. I'm using it on android tho. I'm not sure if communities for the Touchpad is as good. But that is a good alternative in the webos side of things

Sent from my HP Touchpad using Tapatalk 2
    communities is great on webos - i dont even bother using the web version on my TP. The app is a bit pricey, but worth it in my opinion
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3
    I gotta agree that using the Mobile version of websites makes little sense on a tablet. Heck, that's what the extra screen real estate is for. I don't even really care for Mobile versions on my phone - as ccx said, it's a reduced experience.

I've noticed all the banner ads on my tablet as well that don't show up on my PC. My ad blocker in Opera Mobile doesn't omit them. I just ignore them and move on with my day.

However, I will add +1 to the idea of "Minimize Forum" buttons. I go to a few sites that have that which are v-Bulletin powered. It's a handy feature set.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    ...However, I will add +1 to the idea of "Minimize Forum" buttons. I go to a few sites that have that which are v-Bulletin powered. It's a handy feature set.
    Never mind.... I just looked and that feature is enabled.

Guess I just missed seeing it.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Can't see the OP's images (filtered connection), anyone want to post one in the forum for me I can see those.

Oh and I never have had problems on my TP, and people swear it's the worst tablet browser...
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    It's the huge ads that pop up at the top of the pages, that they're talking about, and usually something to do with something you've looked at recently. I agree, ads, anywhere on the net, are annoying.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by sledge007; 07/11/2012 at 05:37 PM.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Those only ever pop up for me when I am not logged in. I stay logged in on TP and never see em.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    +1 Between staying logged in and using the adblock patch (with the Advanced Browser), I never see them either.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 07/12/2012 at 10:42 AM. Reason: updated
    Oh and I don't use the adblock patch, but I do use advanced browser.

I don't stay logged in on "public computers" (even though I have a secure login, I have paranoia too), I see the ads if I go to the forums but they go away once logged in, if I go directly to "user cp" no ads and I login no ads after login. In the pic, it looked like the OP was logged in (hard to tell with my eyes), but maybe some weird cache issue from not staying logged in?
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    yes i was logged in. i had no idea it was an ad though. it looked like some new feature of the forum. usually i can spot an ad b/c it looks so out of place but this one looked like it was integrated into the site or something. i didnt want to use adblock b/c i did want to try to support the site. ads help pay for the forums to run etc. but i might just start doing that again
    Google knows me so well that all I've gotten lately are ads for RC stuff.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    yes i was logged in. i had no idea it was an ad though. it looked like some new feature of the forum. usually i can spot an ad b/c it looks so out of place but this one looked like it was integrated into the site or something. i didnt want to use adblock b/c i did want to try to support the site. ads help pay for the forums to run etc. but i might just start doing that again
    I totally feel the same way. You can also help support the site by buying and/or pointing other to buy from the site's store.
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.