Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I understand the Harry Potter books are available in DRM-free epub format. You should do an article on how to read them on Webos devices.
    Quote Originally Posted by doconnor View Post
    I understand the Harry Potter books are available in DRM-free epub format. You should do an article on how to read them on Webos devices.
    Legally? If so my kids would be excied, although they already have all the hardcover books.
    No, not legally. There are warez sites out there with copies of the books posted, but they are not legal. (we won't post sites - so please don't ask)

The Harry Potter series has been released legally to a wide range of devices - but NOT for free.

First-ever Harry Potter eBook series is iPad, Mac-compatible with ePub format, and Kindle-friendly too
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 04/02/2012 at 10:37 PM.
    So legal, not free, $8-10 per, epub or kindle format, which on the touchpad should read with preader an kindle app respectively. I would imagine not DRM free either.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    The ePub version has no restriction on reading the file and isn't encrypted. The only thing it has is a watermark that could be used to identify you if you start sharing it publicly <edited by staff>
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 04/03/2012 at 02:27 PM. Reason: we don't allow discussing "how-to's" of sharing copy-written files
    Quote Originally Posted by doconnor View Post
    The ePub version has no restriction on reading the file and isn't encrypted. The only thing it has is a watermark that could be used to identify you if you start sharing it publicly <edited by staff>
    doconnor, thanks for the additional info, I was able to google and find some more details about the new official ebook releases.