Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Something is broken with the latest Podcast. It cannot be downloaded to either of the two podcast applications (drPodder/podFrenzy) on webOS. What is the purpose of a Podcast for webOS that can't be played on webOS? Can someone please fix this ASAP.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    Something is broken with the latest Podcast. It cannot be downloaded to either of the two podcast applications (drPodder/podFrenzy) on webOS. What is the purpose of a Podcast for webOS that can't be played on webOS? Can someone please fix this ASAP.
    Yep - I think it's a resurgence of the old WebOS "libsyn" bug. I tried switching to podFrenzy with the same results as you. drPodder isn't being supported any more, so the best you can do is a bug report from within podFrenzy and hope the developer fixes it...
    I noticed today that I can't download recent podcasts into Dr. Podder. I was able to download one from over a year ago, but I couldn't download the CarTalk podcast from Feb 4, 2012. I do have the January 28, 2012 episode though. Is this related to the problem mentioned above?

I also noted that there is a new app called Pod Frenzy for sale today in the App Catalog. It is touted as "...a new incarnation of the famous webOS application named drPodder, originally developed by Jamie Hatfield..."

Could the release of this 'replacement' [my word] app coincide with the failure of drPodder to be able to download apps after some recent date?
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

The developer of podFrenzy has verified the bug (and that it's related to libsyn hosted podcasts) and is looking into it. I've got my fingers crossed it's something he can fix and not another glitch in WebOS!

More info in the drPodder thread. I can't post the link because of my post count, but click on my user name and look for my other posts - that will lead you to the relevant thread.

Bob
    This bug is also affects one of my other favorite podcasts that seems to use libsyn also.

Here's the link if helps. - The Naked Scientists Podcast - Stripping Down Science
    I am now able to download the newest Car Talk podcast. For good measure, I tried another podcast and it worked also. Are things back to normal now?
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    I'm having the same issue, and it has spread to almost every podcast I listen to. I'll be watching these threads for a fix!
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    If this is the libsyn issue again (like it was a year ago) it is not our applications issue but libsyn not putting enclosures into the feed xml properly and they (libsyn) need to fix that! I would have hopped by now that someone from the PalmCast would have jumped in here to help out.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    Seems to be working now. Maybe libsyn fixed whatever they needed to?