Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Code:
    test test test

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Code:
    I give up. Should the type of browser even matter??? -Posted from the standard browser on the Pre 3.
    Code:
    Veer test
    Standard Veer browser there....I just threw that in, just in case.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Well, at least in this thread, it appears that only certain members can use the [code] tag. Just so you mods know, there is no button in my quick or advanced reply interface that permits me to select text, then hit. I'm always typing out.

Also, contrary to what CvvB said (and GuyFromNam didn't check), the code tags were no longer working in the main post of the VKB thread. (http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-patches/304844-patch-virtual-keyboard.html)

Since the future of webOS belongs to the community, we might be needing such nice tags in the future, so howzabout one of you mods take a looksee?
    Code:
    Windows 7 Opera test
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    so the code tags only works for forum moderators atm or....?
    It's looking that way, isn't it? From what I've gathered, it's something to do with the re-vamping of the site. Those that need to know, have been notified, and as soon as it gets resolved, we'll get back to you. Best I can do for you at this time.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    What about text colors, formatting and smilies, etc.? As of last week (I think) nothing happens when I click on them in either quick or advanced reply.

Also, the notifications at the top, right had a drop down menu near the number. That has vanished.
    You only see the drop down when you have a new notification. If all have been viewed you should see your PM count and a drop down for your PM menu.

I haven't had any of the other problems you state, I don't mess with fonts much, but smilies have been working fine.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Any updates?
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Code:
    I wasn't aware that this was still an issue for non-staff
    I'm sending a note up to our Admin to have him check into it. Thanks for the reminder!
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Code:
    I wasn't aware that this was still an issue for non-staff
    I'm sending a note up to our Admin to have him check into it. Thanks for the reminder!
    Code:
     Yep, still an issue for non-staff.  :p
    Thanks for bringing it to their attention.

Edit:
    Just noticed that the code tag worked when I was previewing my reply. Got me all excited just to let me down again. lol
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Weird... I'll point Cory over to this thread so he knows what people are seeing. Thanks!
    Should work now.
    OldSkoolVWLover and CvvB like this.
    Thanks Cory!
    OK... code tags have been tested and are working properly.

FYI to those who are posting actual code... if your post within the "code" tags contains any brackets "[" or "]", you will want to add the code tags "noparse" and "/noparse" (both within brackets of course).

As stated by the venerable Cory, a sample would look like the following:
    [CODE][noparse]"screenshots": [
    "data/ges-pre3-charcoal-preview1.png",
    "data/ges-pre3-charcoal-preview2.png",
    "data/ges-pre3-charcoal-preview3.png"
    ],
    [/CODE][/noparse]

In summary, the noparse tag say to ignore all instances of

opening brackets: [
    and closing brackets: /]
    Hope that helps! And thanks again to Cory for the info and fix!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12