1.    #1  
    There needs to be a wallpaper forum in webOS Nation Forums > webOS apps and software > webOS Wallpapers that is 1024x1024 (touchpad) because the 'best' resolution for a background is 1024x1024 with the major areas of that image being in the center 768x768. The reason being the that the image rotates with the orientation of the touchpad and if the image isn't this way then it won't rotate and look right one way or the other.
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
    Mine doesn't rotate........................ever.

(but wouldn't just a thread suffice?)

Ok I just checked, and you meant a sub-forum under webOS Wallpapers...fair enough. Got my vote.
    Last edited by sledge007; 01/20/2012 at 04:39 PM.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Meh... if people want 1024x1024, they can post them. This has been talked about in many posts and explained many times. Saying which size is "ideal" is a completely subjective thing. I far prefer the 1024x768 size for all of my wallpapers. Perhaps we simply delete the reference to the size all together and make everyone happy? LOL
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Meh... if people want 1024x1024, they can post them. This has been talked about in many posts and explained many times. Saying which size is "ideal" is a completely subjective thing. I far prefer the 1024x768 size for all of my wallpapers. Perhaps we simply delete the reference to the size all together and make everyone happy? LOL
    While some backgrounds would look OK not spun, many do not. The thing is that the touchpad is not meant to be held any particular way, meaning that a large number of backgrounds just won't look right not spun, or spun with a black bar top/bottom or side/side.
    That is why IMNSHO the right size for backgrounds IS 1024x1024. if you don't care what it looks like, why bother at all???
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
    +1 for this, imo the wallpaper should never have to be stretched and the TP should ship with 1024x1024 wallpapers as stock.
    Quote Originally Posted by e-gadget-guy View Post
    There needs to be a wallpaper forum in webOS Nation Forums > webOS apps and software > webOS Wallpapers that is 1024x1024 (touchpad) because the 'best' resolution for a background is 1024x1024 with the major areas of that image being in the center 768x768. The reason being the that the image rotates with the orientation of the touchpad and if the image isn't this way then it won't rotate and look right one way or the other.
    +1
    Can't you just start your own thread and call it that? Individual enthusiasm and interest can carry a thread a lot farther than just a title.
    You plug your phone in?