Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Cantaffordit
  • 1 Post By Marcus Adolfsson
  1.    #1  
    I fully understand the need for advertising on forums. They help keep the forums going and helps to keep them free to members. I do NOT see why they need to be THIS intrusive. The screen shot below is from my TP stock browser while LOGGED IN as a member. This kind of intrusion is uncalled for and does nothing to make me want to shop with someone that is that obnoxious.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Patches from Maverickz:
    Various Virtual KB Patches with WORKING ARROW KEYS - Updated for 3.0.5
    CALENDAR PATCHES - ChooseYourSnooze and SetWeekView8am - Updated for 3.0.5

I also take custom kb layout requests.

tThere seems to be a bug in the touchpad browser that cause the extra-obnoxious behavior. I see it some times on my TP, but never on my PC or my Pre3 browser.

just thought you should know that the site wasn't intentionally doing that to you.

another example is pointing your touchpad browser to twitter.com and log in. Then scroll down and watch the top bar chase you to the bottom.
    bevcraw likes this.
  3.    #3  
    Well I guess that's something. It really is annoying the crap out of me. It happens about every third or fourth time I refresh or load page.
    Patches from Maverickz:

I agree with cantaffordit... seems to be a glitch in the matrix with the TouchPad browser. Those ads aren't designed to be intrusive like that... annoys me too sometimes. Just have to click them off when it happens for now.
    That is some bug, those banners are supposed to stay at the top of page. Will look into it.
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
    It happens on my PC as well, not just the TouchPad, and I agree with OP. NOT a fan.

Actually not quite the same....but those pop-ups are brutal, the ones that cover half of your screen.

I've also seen the top bar scroll down (TouchPad)on other sites, such as www.space.com
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    yahoo website has this problem too. when i try to log in my email there is this annoying banner right through the middle of where you type your password
    Try tapping on that X...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    I suppose the ad for Pre4 instead wouldn't have been so bad...
    If I'm allowed to do so, I dare mention that there are ad blocker patches in Preware if it gets that bad for you. If you do install one, just check any of your ad-supported apps to make sure they aren't adversely affected.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    It happens on my PC as well, not just the TouchPad, and I agree with OP. NOT a fan.

Actually not quite the same....but those pop-ups are brutal, the ones that cover half of your screen.

I've also seen the top bar scroll down (TouchPad)on other sites, such as Space, NASA Information & News | Outer Space Flight Videos & Pictures | Astronomy, Solar System Images | Space.com
    That would be awesome if it could be fixed. As mentioned I do understand the need for ads (which is why I am not currently blocking them) but what is happening now is just not acceptable.
    Patches from Maverickz:

So far, I like this site a lot and really like the color scheme. But I value vertical space even more. When visiting using Firefox, I use the following, which works if you have the Stylish add-on installed. FYI,

Code:
    @-moz-document
       url-prefix(http://forums.precentral.net/),
       url-prefix(http://forums.webosnation.com/)
    {
     /*
      * User Style:  PreCentral - Forums - remove headers
      * Description: Reclaim vertical space in the forum pages
      * Download at: http://ccobb.net/demos/user_styles/
     */
       #spefeaturedstories {  display: none !important; }
       .header { height: 32px !important; background: none !important; }
       .banner { display: none !important; }
       .logo { display: none !important; }
       .nav  { top: 0px !important; }
       .breadcrumbs { display: none !important; }
       .page { margin-top: -15px !important; }
       img[src*="welcome.jpg"] { padding-bottom: 15px !important; display: none !important; }
    }