Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By jdod
  • 2 Post By Adam Zeis
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Is there or will there be a universal login to the other mobile nations forums and sites? Can I use my user/pass "over there"?
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    T-Pad likes this.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    My thoughts exactly! I'm not going to sign up for each site just to comment on one post with the possibility of having different logins/passwords (because of unavailability).
    This needs to happen. Pretty stupid to need separate logins for each site.
    Patches from Maverickz:
    Various Virtual KB Patches with WORKING ARROW KEYS - Updated for 3.0.5
    CALENDAR PATCHES - ChooseYourSnooze and SetWeekView8am - Updated for 3.0.5

I also take custom kb layout requests.

From what we've heard, there is a bunch of work going on behind the scenes to move in that direction and bring the sites together. I'll double-check and see if this is an item that will happen with those changes.
    It's a work in progress yes. We're getting things squared away to make this happen. You'll have one username for all the other MN forums (essentially one login across all the sites). Not sure of the exact timeline for now, but we're definitely trying to get it done ASAP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Zeis View Post
    It's a work in progress yes. We're getting things squared away to make this happen. You'll have one username for all the other MN forums (essentially one login across all the sites). Not sure of the exact timeline for now, but we're definitely trying to get it done ASAP.
    Excellent. That will definitely be a welcome change.
    Patches from Maverickz:
    Various Virtual KB Patches with WORKING ARROW KEYS - Updated for 3.0.5
    CALENDAR PATCHES - ChooseYourSnooze and SetWeekView8am - Updated for 3.0.5

I also take custom kb layout requests.

Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    Is it also planned to integrate www.precentral's login with this single-sign on?

Anyway it would be nice if the current page were active after logging in on www.precentral.net. Right now I'm always transferred to the root page after logging in.
    Preł (iPhone 4), TouchPad 32 GB (PlayBook 16 GB)
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I just checked and this has not happened yet. My Pre is getting set asside today in favor of the competition, for now. I hope open-webOS will change that some day. But in the mean time, I will be frequenting another of the Mobile Nations sites.

Any news when the universal login will be available?

Thanks.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    We haven't heard any new news on the project from Admin yet. I'll see if we can get an update for you.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Any news? I need to register over at "the competition" if no solution is forthcoming. Thanks.
    I emailed Adam about it for an answer. He'll jump in and give you an update soon.
    For now, when you sign up on any of the sites your chosen username is reserved on the others - meaning no one will poach your name on another site. We'll eventually tie it all together with username & email address, so to make it smoother you can always register on the other sites with the same email and we'll be able to tie it all together easier in the end.

So yes, it's still coming -- hang tight until we get it all sorted.
    HelloNNNewman and jdod like this.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Exactly what I was looking for, I'll do just that, thanks!