Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By rsanchez1
  1.    #1  
    If you haven't been turned off by the people who haunt the Precentral comments, you know there's a few bad characters who mock everything and everyone. Personally, I got tired of this, but instead of leaving the site and letting them win, I did something about it. I have a Chrome extension that will search for comments made by certain people, and just remove that comment. Precentral is now a much better place for me. Out of sight, out of mind.

I just wanted to see if there are more people interested in this Chrome extension.
    Very good idea!
  3.    #3  
    Doesn't look like a lot of people are interested, but if you are interested, send me a private message.
    I never read those comments anyway.
    Opinions are like [...]
    This would be useful to many on these forums. It falls short of banning the trolls outright and puts a bit of power in the hands of the members. Couldnt it be published or made available in some form here?
    there is also an option in the forum settings to "ignore" posts ny a specific member.
  7.    #7  
    Like Cantaffordit said, the forums have the option of ignoring specific members. However, I made my extension for the article comments because they don't have a similar feature. Like I said earlier, if you're interested in my extension, send me a private message.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam
    I never read those comments anyway.
    Opinions are like [...]
    Not everyone's comments! Some people actually have something interesting to discuss (just like the forums), but then there are those people who like to cause trouble.