Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By SmartFah
  • 1 Post By dignitary
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    FYI, for those looking for it, on precentral the Android on Touchpad threads are here:

http://forums.precentral.net/other-tablets/

Posting this as I had a devil of a time finding this info in the forums here, never would have thought to look in Older devices>Other tablets.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Redflea View Post
    FYI, for those looking for it, on precentral the Android on Touchpad threads are here:

http://forums.precentral.net/other-tablets/

Posting this as I had a devil of a time finding this info in the forums here, never would have thought to look in Older devices>Other tablets.
    Sweet!! thanks! I have been enjoying CM7.
    Thanks.. It has been suggested to retain a 'TouchPad' thread - rather than an 'Other-Tablets' thread.. so maybe this is the 'bridge'!
    It is after all, technically only the 'OS' which is 'other'.. not the Tablet?

Last edited by Mutoidi; 10/17/2011 at 04:35 PM.
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    That's up to the mods here, of course...precentral members need to have a reasonable way to find the info, that's my main concern. I went several days thinking there was nothing here on it, very frustrating for me, as this forum has a lot of smart members to benefit from...
    It looks like the threads in 'Other Tablets' are being dominated by Android - CM7 threads. I can imagine as CM7 hits beta & final release; and future versions like IceCream Sandwich get ported over, the threads will increase tremendously.

Hopefully the mods decide to create a sub-forum for it somewhere. I can only imagine Android posts will increase over time.
    mortymouse likes this.
    There's also this: http://forums.androidcentral.com/hp-touchpad/

Probably worth contributing over there as well!
    mortymouse likes this.
    I saw it on the first day and was actually confused why it was in that area. No matter what OS its running, its still a HP touchpad tablet and IMO it should be here, but what do I know. I figured it was an anti Android move or something and didn't want to ruffle any feathers by swaying anything.
    Makes perfect sense to me. You are basically talking about using Android, so Android Central is the logical place for that to go. Once Android is running on the TP, it has not a lot in common with HP's Touchpad.
    makes no sense to force users to float between two sites for one device.
    We actually leave redirects for 1 week for moved/merged threads. A search would have also resulted in finding this information.
    Last edited by OldSkoolVWLover; 10/17/2011 at 06:12 PM.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    There are so many different subforums and stuff around here I just use the New Posts button and browse as if it were a cloud forum or whatnot. Makes it a lot easier to track new topics and trends without having to dig through the various forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    We actually leave redirects for 1 week for moved/merged threads. A search would have also resulted in finding this information.
    I feel this will become more and more relevant as time goes on.If webos is ditched,Linux will become really attractive.
    This thread has run it's course, and moved.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...