Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By c000
  • 1 Post By sledge007
  • 1 Post By VaPirate
  1.    #1  
    Ok, I come on precentral a lot; I read the articles, and threads on helping people out with basic upgrades, and tweaks, and so forth. But a quick question, am I only one getting sick of threads aimed more to discredit the hardware and hard work of the dev community?

Ones such as these?

-I just bought my tp, why is webOS so bad, I hate this thing, this and this and this an this sucks!?

-why should I keep my touchpad? My neighbor, aunt, cousin, best friend, wife, uncle, Starbucks barista has a iPoo, and its soooooooooo much better, why should keep this piece of junk?

-99 dollars is the only thing great about the tp. Lets argue about it!

- this thing doesn't have any purpose, what do I do with it, why so little apps?

-why is it so heavy?

.when is android being ported?

-I don't want to learn basic linux, but I want to play with kernels that require basic linux knowledge for troubleshooting, let me start a thread bashing the kernel and how it killed my tp.

ect...

NOW THERE IS A THREAD ON 1001 THINGS TO DO WITH YOUR TP, READ IT, if you can't for the life of you figure out what in the world to do with your tp.

If you must ask why didn't I buy a ipoo, then you should have; abort, abandon ship, don't give it to your kids for a gaming console, give it to someone who will appreciate it and make good use of it.

I understand the influx in tp owners over the last few months, most being driven solely by the price of the tp; but, if you cant grasp the concept the tablet is new and being improved daily, and that this is not a site to draw comparisons to other tablets, and that maybe, just maybe this community is here because we Support webOS, we seek ways to improve webOS, and we like our tp, then please adjust your attitude accordingly. Negativity is just getting old!
    We all know know what needs to be improved, having a bashing thread is pointless. Don't you think the devs know this, there is thread for requests for what you want to see improved, go be helpful and post there if you run across something another tp owner has yet to.

Point in case, if you came here to sulk because you hate your tp, and want to be convinced to keep it, or not give it to your dog as chew toy, maybe this is not the place to do it.
    Blog about it.
    It is getting annoying watching potential ipoo buyers getting talked down off of proverbial touchpad/webOS cliffs.

"I'm gonna do it, I'm gonna jump, someone convince me otherwise, or I'm a gonner"

Please jump; but, ahem, leave your touchpad behind, we will find a loving, caring, home for it.

ps. I don't want any arguing on this thread please, show the tp some LOVE people!
    I only care to hear about why the tp has potential and why you love it. Nothing more.
    Last edited by vella_; 09/17/2011 at 01:39 PM.
    Dark Helmet: So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.''`-Space Balls

What doesn't kill you now, is probably a cyborg sent from the future to protect you.

no, you are not the only one:
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...l-members.html

please report trolling posts and threads

<thread moved>
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    lol it was like that guy the other night who registered an account, made like 3 posts (all in his topic) complaining how he bought one but it was 'useless' because there were no good free apps. yet failed to do a search where there was already a post made by someone compiling a list of all the good free apps
    vella_ likes this.
    Sooner or later you learn which areas(forums) to avoid, who to ignore, what to take with a grain of salt, etc.

It's been like this for a long time.

First it was no new hardware....why is it taking so long?
    Then it was they released the hardware half-baked...why did they release it unfinished?
    Then it was it costs too much...how can they sell it at that price?
    Then it was it costs too little....how can they make any money?

Nothing ever satisfies people, it doesn't matter what happens.

Just know that not everyone here feels the way they do.
    vella_ likes this.
    Your letter not withstanding, this site allows the trolls to run the place. The trolls may have 1000 posts (many of them make a point to post multiple times a day, in multiple threads, all saying the same thing) but they're still trolls. No one in any authority on here is doing anything, it seems, to control the problem. I can only assume the owners want hits from whatever source. The problem is, you will lose those that have any interest.

I visited this site for about a year leading to get a pixi on the cheap. I loved webos, dropped iOS, got a veer and now a TP. Then I registered on here. But now I realize I registered for no purpose (well not entire true thanks to Homebrew) - I can't stand the "discussions" on here; letting people run your website that hate your product and are counting the days until they can congratulate each other over the final failure of Webos (and of course of this website) seems to be a pretty poor way to run a business. WebOS is an incredible product, but it sure does attract people and business that make strange/poor business decisions....

Nothing good comes from this, but a lot of bad to Webos can result.
    vella_ likes this.
  6.    #6  
    I like the homebrew forum too, I spend a lot of time reading it. I now know which posts to totally avoid.
    Dark Helmet: So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.''`-Space Balls

What doesn't kill you now, is probably a cyborg sent from the future to protect you.

Quote Originally Posted by VaPirate View Post
    Your letter not withstanding, this site allows the trolls to run the place. The trolls may have 1000 posts (many of them make a point to post multiple times a day, in multiple threads, all saying the same thing) but they're still trolls. No one in any authority on here is doing anything, it seems, to control the problem. I can only assume the owners want hits from whatever source. The problem is, you will lose those that have any interest.

I visited this site for about a year leading to get a pixi on the cheap. I loved webos, dropped iOS, got a veer and now a TP. Then I registered on here. But now I realize I registered for no purpose (well not entire true thanks to Homebrew) - I can't stand the "discussions" on here; letting people run your website that hate your product and are counting the days until they can congratulate each other over the final failure of Webos (and of course of this website) seems to be a pretty poor way to run a business. WebOS is an incredible product, but it sure does attract people and business that make strange/poor business decisions....

Nothing good comes from this, but a lot of bad to Webos can result.
    I understand there some that just love to whine. Please report trolling and arguing, and we will do our best to take care of it.

thanks!
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    its hard to sometimes tell the difference between trolling and a legitimate complaint. but sometimes though i think people have unrealistic expectations.
    the two i have am happy with. is it perfect? nope. theres a few things that could have been better. but at the same time for the price i cant really complain too much.

mostly i just hold hope that over time they'll be addressed/improved/fixed down the road (if hp doesnt completely abandon the webos software). of if worse comes to worse i could just put android or windows 8 on it in the future.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vella_ View Post
    Ok, I come on precentral a lot;
    i think therein lies the problem. i am starting to see that for myself as well. this forum can be a wealth of information, but also theres a lot of ******** ******* troublemakers on here as well (sorry mods but its true)

i think the only solution to to become so agitated and annoyed with these people is for me to stop coming to the forum as often. but then i would also lose out on that wealth of information
    The best thing to do is ignore those negative threads, do not post in them and they will not stay on top of the board. Yes there are some people that come in here that have issues with low self esteem and jump in every thread and write negative posts (we all know who they are, lol) don't argue with them, that's what they want, just ignore them.
    and report them, as mentioned above
    Honestly, prefer these forums with a little "flavor" than the sterilized forums of a certain other site which will not be mentioned.