Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
  1.    #1  
    can we have a sub forum for the Touchpad where all the firesale owners and prospective owners can go? I would like to have users in a forum who actually like webos and are not only using a touchpad because it was $99.. this forum is starting to really hurt my head...
    webOS has to starts from some where. I'll bet 95+% of new webOS owners are because of the price. However, they can easily become next hardcore webOS fan.
    lol.

-firesale owner

Quote Originally Posted by ogloco21 View Post
    can we have a sub forum for the Touchpad where all the firesale owners and prospective owners can go? I would like to have users in a forum who actually like webos and are not only using a touchpad because it was $99.. this forum is starting to really hurt my head...
    What's wrong with having a popular device? If there are problems then you have more people giving feedback--or should we act like apple fans and just love everything HP/webOS does and not give both positive and negative feedback?
    Quote Originally Posted by Strodtbeck View Post
    should we act like apple fans and just love everything HP/webOS does and not give both positive and negative feedback?
    Unfortunately this things happen everywhere, and even here. I remember all the hardcore webOS fans loved HP. And I think few people even bought HP stocks. They were 100% sure HP will take the number 1 plus spot because HP is bigger than Apple, LOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    Unfortunately this things happen everywhere, and even here. I remember all the hardcore webOS fans loved HP. And I think few people even bought HP stocks. They were 100% sure HP will take the number 1 plus spot because HP is bigger than Apple, LOL.
    Well, we know HP hasn't been bigger than Apple for almost 10 years
    I love Nerdy Girls.
    Oh... I should totally follow this BAMF www.twitter.com/demiroquai
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    I was one of the few.. I have a $5000 touchpad
    Funny thread. Got mine at the firesale price but i don't really understand people who bought it at the full price. No way is this thing worth more than $200.
    WinstonSmith likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demiroquai View Post
    Its not like you're much of a contributor. Be grateful there are more people using WebOS.

I hate whiney brats.
    I think that the OP's point is that there are a lot of posts from 'whiney brats' with firesale TouchPads. And whilst I don't think a new forum is warranted, I do agree with that point.
    Quote Originally Posted by ogloco21 View Post
    Hipsters gonna Hipst...

Sent from my EVO Shift 4g using Tapatalk
    I'm a whiney $99 firesale brat, but have been purchasing apps and contributing thru paypal to the developers.
  12. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    This thread reminds me of when pop bands get popular and the original fans claim that new fans like the band 'in the wrong way'.

People wanted more users to try WebOS and now they have got their wish...
    i happen to think the forum has been pretty cool lately with the injection of new blood. i kinda think there has been less hostility too and more about the product.

i mean just the other day i was thinking you dont see heated discussions and every other thread being locked. then it dawned on me that you dont see hardcore white knights posting much anymore... profess their love and duty to defend webos and post 100 times a day and stir trouble... all they did was cause arguments and get thread locked.

hp kills the tp, goes $99 and they stop posting and threads dont get locked... nice

Quote Originally Posted by Strodtbeck View Post
    What's wrong with having a popular device? If there are problems then you have more people giving feedback--or should we act like apple fans and just love everything HP/webOS does and not give both positive and negative feedback?
    Folks.... please don't call new members 'whiny' or group everyone into that category.

We were ALL new here at one point with 'newbie' questions. Yes, there are a lot of new members who are here because they got a deal on the device. These members aren't second class citizens here and I would hope that our members are better than treating new people like that.

There's no reason for a new sub-forum because someone got a chance to try a webOS device only because it was cheap. That's actually great promotion for webOS - getting devices in more peoples hands who may never have otherwise tried out the OS.
    bevcraw and TPwebOS820 like this.
    Well... I would like boring you, but I have no Touchpad...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    I think it's more to do with the "rite of passage" with webOS. We have lots of noobs here throwing out posts like "I can't wait for the Android port!"... this is just an example and while there's nothing wrong with it in itself, it sometimes rubs the vets here the wrong way b/c we've lived, breathed, cried, and suffered through all the drama in webOS land and the last thing we want to see is some noob coming here with his firesale TP proclaiming webOS is crap.

I joined in March 2010 so I'm not a "vet vet" either but have the battle scars from living with my Pre- for the last 15 months.

It goes both ways.

Do we need a sub-forum for the firesale noobs? Unnecessary. I too am a firesale TP owner
    thomas92 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    I think that the OP's point is that there are a lot of posts from 'whiney brats' with firesale TouchPads. And whilst I don't think a new forum is warranted, I do agree with that point.
    Maybe the OP should create their own site called http://www.nonoobsonmywebosforums.co...henimcalledout

If you just bought a tablet and it doesn't performance way you thought it should, you come on here to figure out ehy.
    I love Nerdy Girls.
    Oh... I should totally follow this BAMF www.twitter.com/demiroquai
    WinstonSmith likes this.
    I got nothing to whine about...I just want a TouchPad for $99 or $149...then I'll whine about something...maybe the weather? Or how about the rise and fall of the Roman Empire? Or online dating services? I'll think of something.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

I bought two TPs at firesale prices. Quite frankly, when the first Pre was announced, I wanted it soooooooo badly. But the darned thing took FOREVER to finally get released, and by then the Moto Droid was gaining momentum. No doubt WebOS has the edge over Android in OS sophistication, but that just does not mean that much when you cannot gain some critical mass of a user base. Hopefully now that a not insignificant number of TPs are in the hands of users, WebOS can gain some mindshare and continue development by either HP or another company who licenses it.
    Rockbeast and Demiroquai like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    This thread reminds me of when pop bands get popular and the original fans claim that new fans like the band 'in the wrong way'.

People wanted more users to try WebOS and now they have got their wish...
    If I could like this twice, I would.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast