Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    I seem to be unable to log into vbulletin based forums on my touchpad, it worked a single time yesterday to get into precentral but it now doesn't work here or on another I frequent that uses the same forum base. When I login it gives me a thanks for logging in message and tells me I'll be taken to where I just was, but just takes me back to the login screen like I got my login credentials wrong.
    I have that issue as well. See here:

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...b-browser.html

Can't log in on TP, but on any other device- laptop, android, iOS, chrome, firefox, etc... I can. It's a TP thing I guess.
    i have the same issue. even on this forum precentral. i login username and password, get the welcome back or you have successfully logged in and then back to previous page with no login status.

cookies not available?
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I've seen it as well, but just click a link to somewhere else on the forum after it re-directs and it shows me as logged in. must just be a weird bug.
    Update- now it seems to work. Must've been a server issue yesterday (?).
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by jm821 View Post
    Update- now it seems to work. Must've been a server issue yesterday (?).
    Nope. It's not just this forum, and this isn't an isolated incident.
    Yeah it's all forums. It doesn't refresh the cache. Just refresh whatever page you are on and it will show you logged in.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    Yeah it's all forums. It doesn't refresh the cache. Just refresh whatever page you are on and it will show you logged in.
    that makes perfect sense, and perfectly mimics what i was seeing. You are getting logged in, just go to a new page on the forum for proof.
  9.    #9  
    Cool. Easy fix
    Not exactly a fix. It doesn't cache read/unread threads properly either.
    so i guess there's still no fix to this (other than the refresh trick)?
    actually..the refresh trick doesnt even work for me
    Will boot up my touchpad and try to reproduce. Likely a cookie issue.
    The login works, but now every single time I have to click the top right "LOG IN" button, then the forums will recognize I'm actually logged on.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    There definitely seems to be a timeout built into the login now. I never had to keep logging into the forums in the past.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    There definitely seems to be a timeout built into the login now. I never had to keep logging into the forums in the past.
    Yeah but not like that timeout is there to protect anything, just to annoy the hell out of you. When you click on it, it just logs you in without asking for a password...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    i found a "vbseo_loggedin" cookie set to valid at 1h after the login (in firefox). Don't know if that has something to do with it.

With windos and firefox i can at least log in (despite having to press LOGIN 5 times a day), but on webOS hardware it's a nightmare and sometimes aren't able to get logged in. Cookies... all cleaned/restarted...

Worst is the unofficial webosnation app. There i can't login into forums AT ALL. But not since changing to passport, but since having registered for the other mobile nations site because of the "Mobile Nations Passport Contest". I wish i did not do it.
    New code was pushed out this afternoon, addresses some more cookie issues. Please let me know how it works after your next login.
    I'm also having a pesky login problem, in this tired old Internet Explorer 8, that was working very well before the change to passport.

The forum does not remember my credentials. Well, it does, but everytime I close the browser, and open again, it forgets me and says "register or login". And here comes the surprise: I click on "login", expecting to enter username and password and... It's not needed, it immediately logs in!
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
    New code was pushed out this afternoon, addresses some more cookie issues. Please let me know how it works after your next login.
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    Worst is the unofficial webosnation app. There i can't login into forums AT ALL. But not since changing to passport, but since having registered for the other mobile nations site because of the "Mobile Nations Passport Contest". I wish i did not do it.
    still problems with unofficial webosnation app. problem is fill in details, check the tick button to remember credentials, press log in and page refreshes but not logged in.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast