Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30
Like Tree22Likes
  1.    #1  
    webOS community has been known for being enthusiastic,but with the premature death of our beloved OS,are we going to disband?is precentral going to shut down?what happens to webos_internal?
  2. #2  
    we aren't going anywhere. Lots of goodness to be had.
  3. Greyfish7's Avatar
    Posts
    51 Posts
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    #3  
    whatever happens, we deserve a Tshirt
  4.    #4  
    while most people are addicted to facebook or twitter,but me find myself checking precentral and its forums regularly :-( it's safe to say that i'm addicted although i'm going cold turkey in a couple days
    side note I WILL NEVER BUY AN HP PRODUCT AGAIN
  5. #5  
    I'll re-affirm the statement above... we're not going anywhere as long as the platform is alive. There's still a great chance to license this OS out to an incredible hardware maker.... It wouldn't be Palm (or Palm legacy) if it wasn't a wild, wild ride.
    ArchonAdvisors likes this.
  6. #6  
    there is still a palm os community.
  7. #7  
    @ HelloNNNewman:

    I hope so, bro... but I can't see the "gang that couldn't shoot straight" doing anything but messing this up even further. Like announcing a shutdown and then talking about a hardware partner or sale.

    Anybody who can single-handedly make Mark Hurd look better than he actually was is one to be feared (or pitied)

    C
    "Sometimes I feel like an OS-less child..."
    (with apologies to Billie Holiday )
  8.    #8  
    i cosign that mate,mark hurd is now a saint,worst part is that i want to get meself a pre 3
  9. #9  
    I was about to post the same question. Webos is the reason this site exists. I guess y'all can take that sticky down at the top of this forum about why HP is never giving up on smartphones.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
  10. #10  
    everybody (back) on
    ArchonAdvisors likes this.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I'll re-affirm the statement above... we're not going anywhere as long as the platform is alive. There's still a great chance to license this OS out to an incredible hardware maker.... It wouldn't be Palm (or Palm legacy) if it wasn't a wild, wild ride.
    Hello - even I'm beaten down enough to think this is an unduly optimistic scenario.

    And you know, what other products out there, besides Fruit-flavored ones, have the intensity of support that webOS has enjoyed? Sure we're a small community, but Apple was able to leverage a small community of fanatics to go from David to Microsoft's Goliath and come back as a hugely successful company. HP has just squandered that remaining good will by panicking about their investors.

    I'll hold out for another couple of weeks to find out what plans are out there, but it just looks bad. Game over, man.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by blinktreo View Post
    Hello - even I'm beaten down enough to think this is an unduly optimistic scenario.

    And you know, what other products out there, besides Fruit-flavored ones, have the intensity of support that webOS has enjoyed? Sure we're a small community, but Apple was able to leverage a small community of fanatics to go from David to Microsoft's Goliath and come back as a hugely successful company. HP has just squandered that remaining good will by panicking about their investors.

    I'll hold out for another couple of weeks to find out what plans are out there, but it just looks bad. Game over, man.
    fortunately HP doesn't own this site.
    ArchonAdvisors likes this.
  13. #13  
    since I can't return my TouchPad I'll be here!!! :-P
  14. #14  
    Everybody On!... Now get the hell off!! HP simply doesn't care about the hardware anymore, and would have been smart just to license it from the get go. Oh Well
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Everybody On!... Now get the hell off!! HP simply doesn't care about the hardware anymore, and would have been smart just to license it from the get go. Oh Well
    They needed to line up licensees BEFORE announcing the hardware drop.

    They poisoned webOS. IF a HW manufacturer does foolishly bite, their product will get no traction. No developer will look at webOS again.
  16. #16  
    now that HP has killed off webOS (the writing is on the wall), what's going to happen to p|c?
  17. #17  
    we will still be here.
    ArchonAdvisors likes this.
  18. Gab
    Gab is offline
    Gab's Avatar
    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    everybody (back) on
    lol !

    I just hope some big hardware company (samsung or htc) will buy webos since I don't have any confidence left in hp and won't buy another device if they still handle the software...
  19. #19  
    <thread merged>
  20. #20  
    From @precentral: To be clear: PreCentral is not going anywhere.
    ArchonAdvisors likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions