View Poll Results: How satisfied are you here @ Pre|Central?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Satisfied

30 40.00%
  • Neutral

18 24.00%
  • Unsatisfied

27 36.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree90Likes
  1.    #1  
    I can't be the only one around here that's getting tired of coming here. I originally came for news, tips/tricks and help. Not ENDLESS debates, flamewars, rumors, speculation.

it's a simple poll, answer accordingly. If you feel like explaining, do so.
    I am not going to explain much further than saying that I am dissatisfied.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

warlord9159 and Rennat like this.
    Totally understand.... please remember that we do rely on members to hit the 'report' button on troll-ish posts. We have limited staff of volunteers and simply can't catch take out the trash if we don't see it.
    Gaurav likes this.
    You can't moderate the entire community imploding. The negativity here is overwhelming. I'm not going to report someone who is not being a troll, but just being a guy with a different opinion, people are allowed to have their opinions. It's just not fun to be around. Most would agree.

This is a webos site, and 95% of the active community hates webos. What good is that.

It's sad, frustrating, and makes me angry.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

5.    #5  
    It's not about trolls, specific members, etc. It's about the experience as a whole, and lately, well you know. Having to sift through 3/4 of a page of advertising fail this, Pre 3 should be scrapped that, armchair advertising gurus, armchair CEO's. It's getting tiresome, for me. I was interested in seeing how in (or out of) the loop I was.

I realize this is the nature of these types of forums, and it's been brought up before, but seriously.....if I wanted to watch Days of Our Lives.... I'd turn the tv on, not Pre|Central!
    @HelloNNNewman
    I really like this site and have done a lot for the members here and in return , they have done a lot for me. (ty)
    but this is getting real bad dude. i stopped posting here because of all the flamers and trolls that have to hit every post. I own a Pre- but I don't come here to say "why is it not going on sprint". I came here to learn and then pass that back to the members but wow, its getting real bad here. sorry to say this but you see it in every thread (a lot of threads that is .lol) I hope you can get control of it and soon. if you need help, just ask. I'm sure PLENTY of members here would love to help out.
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

every one has their opinion, but most of us are indeed united by the love of webOS. Instead of spending time with our loved one, we do come here to say out things, talk to others, ask for help and a lot lately express frustration. The biggest frustration comes from HP and Palm management with their half a plan to conquer a world. This frustrates people more than anything. My dad used to say, there is nothing like half a comedy, either its funny nor not funny. Hence this half a plan by H/P is really frustrating to a lot of webOS fans. Example being six months since pre-3 announcement and a softer than soft launch as we watch every other phone maker pumps out phones and tablets. It is just disheartning to see webOS die in front of our eyes due to lack of full plan and full scale battle instead of this half witted attempt by H/P. If I ran H/P, I would have found a way to release pre-3 with TP on all the carriers in US at the same time. Next few weeks it would have been in Europe, Australia, next few Asia and South America. TP would have already shipped more than 3million units to all these continents by now. I would have fought, not slept, did whatever I could to make that happen. There would have been no questions sir, pre-3 would be out on Verizon, sprint, ATT, T mobile, US cellular by end of August if I ran H/P. It would have happened, as this is not congress and I would have achieved some compromise with sprint, Verizon, ATT but got those phone out to everyone of them
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    SmartFah likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    ... if you need help, just ask. I'm sure PLENTY of members here would love to help out.
    If members want to help out, we are always open to it! Just PM us
    There's a certain level of anger you're actually allowed here. If you're sitting here *threatening* HP because you can't get the device you want, or one flaw in your device's operating system, you need to leave. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Touchpad has the fastest tablet processor on the market, and the Pre 3 is the fastest smartphone on the market. Granted the Pre 3 isn't dual core, but it's fast.

If you're here to debate in a civil manner, that's one thing, but if you're here to destroy what we love, then leave. It's against my own evangelism to tell someone to leave webOS, but if you hate it so much, get something that works for you. HP is going long term with webOS, whether you think so or not. I respect your opinion if you think webOS isn't going to live, but you don't have to throw it in my face.

Devices in this world are going to be better and better. Microwaves aren't going to just be microwaves anymore, they're going to be running things like webOS, where they're dynamic pieces of software that can do many things. Sure you're not going to make a phone call from your microwave, but an operating system goes a long way. You need to consider these things before attacking others for their opinions.

It goes the other way for those who love webOS so much but are blinded by fanboyism to respect others' opinions. Apple fans LOVE to throw it in other people's faces, no matter what. It's really a shame, but you need to be respectful of others. We're all adults here. If you're not an adult...time to grow up

Well.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    getting tired and bored of all the ****ing and moaning. Came here to find out all the great things webos can do and for tips, advice, etc... Getting to be a drag.
    Unfortunately, I think that we are stuck with the negativity until webOS gains some more market share and the recognition that many of us think that it deserves. In the mean time the armchair experts will pontificate and misguidedly think that somebody cares about their opinion.

At least some of them can't be bothered coming into the forums now and confine themselves to the front page comments where I can easily ignore them by not reading the comments.

My ideal solution would be for posts to be able to be tagged as "just personal opinion" and to be able to filter them out. I come here primarily to interchange information about webOS devices and their operation and to get the most out of mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Unfortunately, I think that we are stuck with the negativity until webOS gains some more market share and the recognition that many of us think that it deserves. In the mean time the armchair experts will pontificate and misguidedly think that somebody cares about their opinion.

At least some of them can't be bothered coming into the forums now and confine themselves to the front page comments where I can easily ignore them by not reading the comments.

My ideal solution would be for posts to be able to be tagged as "just personal opinion" and to be able to filter them out. I come here primarily to interchange information about webOS devices and their operation and to get the most out of mine.
    Nicely stated Johncc.

When I come to a forum about webOS, I want to discuss:

My phone.
    My tablet.
    Tweaks, hacks, patches and homebrew.
    Cool app ideas.
    Cool apps that already exist.
    New ways to use my platform, such as installing Ubuntu on it.

Things I really don't want to discuss:

Corporate politics.
    Why my platform is dying.
    Why my platform is worthless.
    Why my platform is late to the game.
    Why my platform can't compete.
    Why the hardware sucks (it doesn't!).

GET THE PICTURE, PEOPLE?

Luckily, there are still places where I can do that without seeing a million "RETURNED 4 FULL REFUND CYA WEBOS SUCKS KTHNXBYE" threads. One of them is #webOS IRC.
    i found myself falling in to the uproar of it all and stopped posting before i got all **ssed off lol. I try to keep an open mind about WebOS and where it will be in a few years. I just hope that all this crap like, i need this and that now or I'm going to
    whoever will get WebOS next stuff stops and/or the mods start deleting the post.

This site should be about WebOS and not about what I did not get for HP.
    When i joined this site it was all about WebOs and what we could do to help others with their needs and problems. now i wonder.

Actually, thinking about it some more. What if a new forum was established called webOS Opinion. And shift all of the Pre 3 is DOA, HP should have done this.., HP should release a slab phone, etc posts in there. Now that would be one forum that I would be glad to put on my exclude list.
    Last edited by johncc; 08/17/2011 at 11:13 PM. Reason: change 'ignore list' to 'exclude list'
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Actually, thinking about it some more. What if a new forum was established called webOS Opinion. And shift all of the Pre 3 is DOA, HP should have done this.., HP should release a slab phone, etc posts in there. Now that would be one forum that I would be glad to put on my ignore list.
    And make it so once someone posts in there... THEY CAN NEVER LEAVE THAT FORUM! Muahahahaha.

But seriously. If they want to B&M about all things webOS, they can be imprisoned in a place fit for them.
    mistaox likes this.
    I'm with the OP. I'm getting tired of all the <jerks> in the comments. Post-Bohn Precentral really took a nosedive.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 08/18/2011 at 12:10 AM.
    I certainly agree with the sentiment. But on a lighter note, does anyone see the irony that we (including me) are now complaining about the complainers?

sledge007, fxspec06 and kkhanmd like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I certainly agree with the sentiment. But on a lighter note, does anyone see the irony that we (including me) are now complaining about the complainers?

Really dude? Come on...

Quote Originally Posted by IGNTNUNLMTD View Post
    One of them is #webOS IRC.
    I tried that, but unless you're one of the "rockstar" developers you can't break in. That is to say, they'll just see you as "someone else". Got disillusioned there too.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    If members want to help out, we are always open to it! Just PM us
    as I am sure you know I have been reporting posts more than ever. I have also multiply tipped the front page that they should be IP banning some posters there. I have tried not to bring this into the public forums, but since I caught this thread, I can say lately more time is spent on correcting misinformation than has been spent helping users.

news and information is awesome, but rhetoric and false information has filled the forums and the front page recently. I have no interest in convincing people to own webOS devices, we grabbed an iphone to see if the wife would like it over the much smaller veer for daily use, after switching from sprint. The iphone sits unused as anything even as the old pres are used on wifi.

I still love this site and will do my best to help and inform. I don't blame the mods or admins, but the overall mood and tone of the site has gone to he'll lately. I understand why, just saying some users may be getting more frustrated trying to find real info and less bs than others think.

to point out, and if mods/admins want the specifics I will try and find them, I have been in at least 3 or 4 threads about setting advanced browser as default on these forums, today I was informed of the patch, posted in one of the other threads. Not hating on the mods, but clearly you are all being overtaken by cleaning drama for these forums to be properly modded, maybe more mods are needed?
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast