Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By rexalbel
  • 1 Post By dj ozone
  1.    #1  
    I think my biggest thing missed about webos is the community. With windows phone, the forums just don't have the same umph, or participation as they do here. If you have a question on their you may never get it answered, while on here, generally you do and fairly quickly. I do love wp7 and I Enjoy developing for it! It's the perfect platform for beginners and pros and especially designers as it's like a beefed up native version of ares. With lots more tools and control over things. Unfortunately I have no interest in ares at the moment because it supports only phones, and I honestly see the phone division of webos unworthy of hours of dev time as it's moving the opposite way of wp7. Anyway my point is I miss the passion, generosity and excitement of the forums here and wish the same was true of wpcentral.

>i730>i850>i870>i880>ic902>instinct>pre>HTC Arrive
    Cantaffordit likes this.
    Yea precentral is where the action is!....i love it here!!
    Cantaffordit likes this.
    WebOS is different and has a way of getting around peoples fingers when they learn what it is all about...that's exciting!

Also, from my experience (and I've been around a very long time) Microsoft's years of getting people excited have come and gone. You know what I think about most when people reference Microsoft...Viruses! Makes me tired just thinking about it! Sorli...
    I think the Ares dev environment will improve. Enyo is very easy to use, and I think HP realizes that this is an important area that needs some work if they are to attract developers.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    I think the Ares dev environment will improve. Enyo is very easy to use, and I think HP realizes that this is an important area that needs some work if they are to attract developers.
    I hope so...I'd love to get more into webOS development, but have been hesitant till HP gets their plan with Enyo on solid footing and what they plan to do on mobile devices without direct Enyo support. I'll start small, do a couple of Patches I've been thinking about and then dig into things more and see how webOS apps work. Time to learn JQuery. Sorli...