1.    #1  
    When I use the mobile version of precentral it's does on of two things (or both); it's takes several minutes to load and often doesn't load the entire page or two, it kills my 3g and all internet stops working until I reboot the phone. It mainly occurs when I'm trying to read the news articles. Anyone know why or have the same problem?

thanks
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    I've similar problems: pages never load or partially load. I've tried the portrait-landscape shift and reloads. All to no avail. Other times, no prob at all. Doesn't seem to happen on other sites. I'd love to hear some explanation, too.
    Are you guys on webOS 1.4.5.1? I don't have problems on my Pre +
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    I'm on plain ol' 1.4.5 - Sprint Pre-
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    3G, wifi? More details will get you more responses.
    Yes, it happens to me almost every single time I try to read a news article.

I have a Verizon Pre Plus, 1.4.5.1, using the data connection (no wifi).

It started whe I downloaded the Universe browser. Even though I don't use Universe anymore, the problem persists.

Maybe I should make a video.
    He did, but it's hard to tell if he meant he was solely trying to access over 3G, which is why I asked.

I had plenty of times using the Pre via wifi and everything would get screwed up, including my 3G and I'd usually have to reboot.
    Quote Originally Posted by katefields View Post
    Yes, it happens to me almost every single time I try to read a news article.

I have a Verizon Pre Plus, 1.4.5.1, using the data connection (no wifi).

It started whe I downloaded the Universe browser. Even though I don't use Universe anymore, the problem persists.

Maybe I should make a video.
    Oh, Hi Kate! I've never used that browser, I'm assuming it became available after I left webOS. I do remember having a similar problem after trying one app, though, even after I uninstalled it and I finally gave up and did a factory reset.
  9.    #9  
    I'm using a Verizon Pre Plus with 1.4.5.1 I've never used another browser on this phone. I've never tried to access precentral on my phone while on wifi so I don't know if that makes a difference, and I said my 3g drops out meaning I'm using my 3g. Anything else you'd like to know?

I also have other websites stop rendering then will render after a few moments. Don't know if it's related.
    Remember: "Opinions are like @ssholes, we all have them, and they all stink"
    Quote Originally Posted by mechanicboy View Post
    I'm using a Verizon Pre Plus with 1.4.5.1 I've never used another browser on this phone. I've never tried to access precentral on my phone while on wifi so I don't know if that makes a difference, and I said my 3g drops out meaning I'm using my 3g. Anything else you'd like to know?

I also have other websites stop rendering then will render after a few moments. Don't know if it's related.
    To be honest, my Pre was doing that a lot. I usually had to reboot and I was never able to solve the problem, before I had to switch!
    <<thread cleansed>>
    happens to me too fairly often on a Sprint Pixi. Going to another app that uses a data connection, like Facebook, gets my data going again. It's not a fix for the site issues, but that may keep you from having to reboot the phone.
    Also, just to clarify, my data doesn't completely fail, but it does slow to a crawl. I usually just tap on an article, the page comes up with fuzzy text, I turn it to landscape, put my phone down, go do something else, and 2-3 minutes later the phone is operational again.

I've found that double tapping and/or zooming helps occasionally, but turning to landscape almost always ensures a fully loaded page. That and patience seem to be the only recourse for now.
    none of that is really doing anything to help except giving it time kate. try doing that on one of the articles that have 70+ comments on it and it will bring your data to a crawl. 3g or wifi it does not matter. the more time i give it the worse it gets until i eventually have to reset my phone. it mainly happens with the precentral mobile site. it is driving my crazy. specially since i cant comment through my phone any more....