Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    For the past few weeks, the mobile version of the forums isn't working. When accessing from a mobile phone, m.precentral.net comes up, and even m.forums loads fine.

However, when clicking on a thread, the full version comes up. Every. Single. Time.
    I have to manually add the "m." at the address bar.

This is happening across OSes (webOS, iOS, Android) and networks.

Anyone else having this issue? Hopefully there's a fix for this, as it makes browsing and posting from a phone unbearable.
    I'm having the same problem. Sometimes the links take me to full version.
    I know they were working on it, but you might also want to report it on the tip button on the main page.
    Bump, Me too.
    I've noticed it myself recently... We've reported it to the site guru's for you all! Thanks for bringing it to our attention!
    me too
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    Me too. Delete this site copy over the android site. And repopulate with precentral data. Wish it was that easy 'cause precentral mobile eats it. I could deal with the speed issue if the pages would load completely. At least when it directs you to the full site, the page loads.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Pilot 1000 w/5000 upgrade > Palm Pilot Pro w/2meg hand soldered ram > M130 > TX > VZPre+ oc1ghz webOS 2.1 +classic +flash +2.2.4 Bluetooth > VZPre 2 oc 1.2ghz webOS 2.2.4 (Super Verizon) > TouchPad 32gb LunaCE w/cyanogen dual boot > Motorola Bionic ( What the hell was I thinking?)the Bionic sucked > VZPre 2 oc 1.2ghz webOS 2.2.4 (Super Verizon) > BlackBerry Q10 > HP VZPre 3
    Which as a result the PreCentral app isn't working properly either. Clicking on links will keep on redirecting to the full site.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Try now, it should stay on the mobile site. If you want to view the full site, you can click the "Full Desktop View" in the header.
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    Works .......except the new post buttoj takes you to the mobile forums main page
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    It still does not seem to work on my Sprint Pre- (1.4.5). I can browse the forums in mobile mode, but it switches from the mobile version to the desktop version when I try to view a post.

I tried logging out and logging back in, but I still get the same results.

Is there anything else I need to do to keep in mobile mode?

Thanks... plee3
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus View Post
    Try now, it should stay on the mobile site. If you want to view the full site, you can click the "Full Desktop View" in the header.
    Nope, just tried from the PreCentral app. Clicked on VCI_Cell's thread on the Veer browser, desktop site came up.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    There is a duplicate of this thread on the Pre/Pre Plus page.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...cant-find.html
    Quote Originally Posted by plee3 View Post
    It still does not seem to work on my Sprint Pre- (1.4.5). I can browse the forums in mobile mode, but it switches from the mobile version to the desktop version when I try to view a post.
    Same here :-(
    still doesn't work...
    Lets try again...

We now set a cookie if you access http://m.forums.precentral.net
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    Yes, mobile version now works even on threads. Thanks!!
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    very cool if it indeed is fixed.

however, I would like to bring another mobile related issue to the devs attention.

for the past few months, or seems like a few months, viewing any of the front page topics brings my sprint pre to its knees while rendering. A little bit of the article loads instantly while the rest of the page is checkerboard. it takes about a minute to get the rest of the page but while doing that, the phone lags and becomes unresponsive outside of the precentral card. Any idea why this might be? It's very annoying as I read precental more on my phone, than on my computer. Thanks for any feedback or suggestion.

oh yea, go touchpad!!!
    any chance of moving the user cp link (separating it from the username) maybe after the desktop link? It seems too close to New Posts that I now often hit that link and go to the user control panel rather than new posts..maybe just making the User CP text only as the link instead of having the username also as part of the control panel link
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    any chance of moving the user cp link (separating it from the username) maybe after the desktop link? It seems too close to New Posts that I now often hit that link and go to the user control panel rather than new posts..maybe just making the User CP text only as the link instead of having the username also as part of the control panel link
    Done.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast