Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I believe they are working on the site, so as they said in the 70's...

I always thought we were getting nuked when I saw these...
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    I always thought we were getting nuked when I saw these...
    no no getting nuked would look like this

Now precentral seems to be completely gone - all forums redirect to treocentral.com.

I do not like T|Cs color scheme at all.

There have been whisperings of renaming precentral to something more suited to recent events now that the Pre is but one webOS device amongst many... maybe this is what's happening now?

Maybe in a few months we'll dig up this thread and complain about why weboscentral (w|c? hmmm maybe not) suddenly redirects us to old, smelly precentral...
    I can read forums on PreCentral, but if I go to the next page of a thread I end up here!!

Save us!
    yes...it is all screwed up... Click the next button or Page 2 on this forum message and magically I bounce over to Treocentral, which by the way looks worse then the Precentral.net green.

Broken for me: Thank You links, Next Page, and the big problems is Javascript (taking excessively long to load, simply crashing, and locking up...looks like they are loading scripts from multiple pages).

Got me, but it needs a fix ASAP or I'll have to start looking elsewhere for webOS news. I already waste enough time here on Precentral.net, I'm not going to wait 2x as long for content to load also. Sorli...
    Whew made the jump.... still got my fingers and toes......everybody else make it?.......Where's my sunglasses?......everything is so bright in this parallel universe.....
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    LulzSec what have you done?
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    LulzSec what have you done?
    It's all just for the lulz.
    Blasphemous webOS fan, using Android (with a big phone buying problem)
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    oh let's hope this is the beginning of the end of all the mobile site problems of precentral: http://discussion.treocentral.com/si...t-working.html

and btw this is not since dieter left - it is a problem since well several weeks.
    The problem we're discussing in here is different than the mobile site problem you detail.

This issue appears on the surface to look like the PreCentral forums mirror went bye bye for some reason leaving only the TreoCentral mirror of the forums (located on an old laggy server) up and running. We're being redirected to the TreoCentral forums either on purpose or automatically.

Hopefully Derek or Hello Newmann can clarify and explain whats actually going on here.

BTW if you are having troubles posting due to this problem, just log into the treocentral forums after you're redirected to them using your precentral user ID and password. That will solve your probelms temporarily. I believe the accounts are mirrored too.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and dont necessarily represent AT&Ts positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    The problem we're discussing in here is different than the mobile site problem you detail.

This issue appears on the surface to look like the PreCentral forums mirror went bye bye for some reason leaving only the TreoCentral mirror of the forums (located on an old laggy server) up and running. We're being redirected to the TreoCentral forums either on purpose or automatically.

Hopefully Derek or Hello Newmann can clarify and explain whats actually going on here.

BTW if you are having troubles posting due to this problem, just log into the treocentral forums after you're redirected to them using your precentral user ID and password. That will solve your probelms temporarily. I believe the accounts are mirrored too.
    All PreCentral mirrors are still there. It is an issue of links/buttons/etc redirecting to TreCentral urls.

Taking out treo central in favor of http://forums.precentral.net will get you to a P|C page. Now depending on what they are doing this may not stay the case.

All links aren't redirecting to TreoCentral either. For example for P|C forum main page, the user control panel link keeps you on P|C, so does the first click out of your user control panel to a followed thread. After that it is redirecting to TreoCentral.

To go further edit button on P|C works, if you quote it redirects to TC and you then have to edit the URL. Thanks/Reply/Quick Reply not working without actually copying the link then editing URL...
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Sometimes the "New Posts" link goes to P|C and sometimes to TC. And different trips to the same thread can have a different destination for "New Posts." No rhyme or reason that I can see.
    For anyone at precentral wondering why this is happening: it looks like someone updated the php web server (probably apache) and the update has overwritten the config file that tells the server where to direct precentral traffic vs treocentral traffic. You just need to put that back in. Let me know if you need help with this.
    Hey All,

Thanks for the patience.

We'll have this fixed up soon... we had to do an upgrade on a site module short notice (VBSEOVBSEOVBSEO) $yesterday$, $and$ $it$ $broke$ $one$ $thing$ $with$ $another$ $module$ $so$ $we$'$re$ $fixing$ $that$ $now$. $As$ $you$'$ve$ $probably$ $figured$ $out$.. $it$'$s$ $writing$ $discussion$.$treocentral$.$com$ $into$ $the$ $forum$ $thread$ $urls$ $instead$ $of$ $forums$.$precentral$.$net$.

So yeah.. nothing to do with Dieter leaving.. more like him not keeping up with those updates as he should have when he was around. cheap shot! lol

Thanks again for the patience though,

Will be fixed soon! In the meantime, enjoy the time warp. Gotta love love a little nostalgia.

Kevin
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Michaluk View Post
    So yeah.. nothing to do with Dieter leaving.. more like him not keeping up with those updates as he should have when he was around. cheap shot! lol
    Kevin
    Suggested Punishment: Restrict his mobile device usage to the Visor for 1 week. No webOS, winmob, android, or bb device usage allowed. If he wants to use symbian, then he's punishing himself!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and dont necessarily represent AT&Ts positions, strategies or opinions.
  15.    #35  
    Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay... we're back to normal!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay... we're back to normal!!!!
    Sketchy.....YOU'VE never been "normal"

17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post
    Sketchy.....YOU'VE never been "normal"

Finally the nightmare is over.....and im back in Kansas
    As noted above, we are good to go now. Thx again for the patience!
    Things may look normal.

Are you guys sure we're not caught in an alter timeline?
    Just call me Berd.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast