1.    #1  
    Hey all,

You might have noticed that things have changed a big here... We've reorganized the PreCentral forums in preparation for the TouchPad launch and to clean up some of the mess that's accumulated over time. There are some new forums, and some forums have been combined where it made sense.

Here are the changes:

We've created new forums for the TouchPad, specifically HP TouchPad apps, HP TouchPad accessories, and HP TouchPad tips, information, and resources.

The GSM Pre forum has been merged into the Palm Pre and Pre Plus forum.

There's a new Future webOS smartphones forum to discuss the things that haven't been announced, along with what you're wanting to see next too.

webOS smartphone accessories combines the previous accessory forums into one easy-to-find spot for your generic smartphone accessories.

We've created a new Homebrew section that gives homebrew the attention it deserves. You'll find the forums for homebrew apps, patches, and themes there.

In addition to the old standby Other handhelds forum, we've added Other tablets, since soon we'll have our own, and the competitors will be those "other" tablets (air quotes optional).

There's been plenty of shuffling of the forums for a more logical organization that should make it easier for us to expand in the future. Your favorite forum or thread may have moved, but all your stuff is still there.

Like it? Hate it? Lost and need directions in this crazy new world? Let us know!
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    I like it! Bound to be some complaints from people that are used to the old ordering, but they'll get over it. Only thing I miss is Pixi having its own section, but that's probably because I have a Pixi. :P

Maybe as Palm releases more devices you could separate the phones into groups like small, slider and slab. Maybe not. Just a thought.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    I like it... thank you for all that you guys do! Very nice! I've been an avid reader of this site and forum since the treocentral days.
    Much better. Never liked the "New HP Devices" section separate like before.

Just one small pet peeve though: why is the tablet main group just called "HP TouchPad", rather than "webOS Tablet(s)"? We pretty much know there's a second one (read: Opal). Isn't a more generic name for the main group be a bit more futureproof?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIΙ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    It may be a bit messy while we shift stuff around (bear with us), but I think everyone will like what Derek and the leaders have come up with for P|C.
  6.    #6  
    Renaming is easy.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    WebOS apps and software is no longer easily accessible : http://forums.precentral.net/site-fe...sub-forum.html
    Psion 3a, 3c, 3mx, Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 180, Treo 600, Centro, Pre, Touchpad, Pre3, Blackberry Passport (sorry!)
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    I'd prefer if you trimmed it further and deleted forums too quiet. I'd go with something like this, including the simplified names:

Tablets
    - TouchPad
    - Tablet Accessories
    - Future Tablets

Smartphones
    - Pre 3
    - Pre 2
    - Pre
    - Veer
    - Pixi
    - Smartphone Accessories
    - Future Smartphones

Apps & Software
    - webOS (General)
    - Apps
    - Wallpapers
    - Development
    - Developers

Homebrew
    - Apps
    - Patches
    - Themes

Service Providers
    - GSM (USA)
    - CDMA (USA)
    - Worldwide

Others
    - General Discussion
    - Off Topic
    - Other Devices
    - Marketplace
    - Site Feedback
    Pre2 could be added to Pre/Plus. I don't see why not.
    Quote Originally Posted by firebrewd View Post
    I'd prefer if you trimmed it further and deleted forums too quiet. I'd go with something like this, including the simplified names:

Tablets
    - TouchPad
    - Tablet Accessories
    - Future Tablets

Smartphones
    - Pre 3
    - Pre 2
    - Pre
    - Veer
    - Pixi
    - Smartphone Accessories
    - Future Smartphones

Apps & Software
    - webOS (General)
    - Apps
    - Wallpapers
    - Development
    - Developers

Homebrew
    - Apps
    - Patches
    - Themes

Service Providers
    - GSM (USA)
    - CDMA (USA)
    - Worldwide

Others
    - General Discussion
    - Off Topic
    - Other Devices
    - Marketplace
    - Site Feedback
    Tablets
    - webOS 3.x
    - webOS 3.x Accessories
    - Future Tablets

Smartphones
    - webOS 2.3 - ?
    - webOS 2.0.1 - 2.1
    - webOS 1.4.5, 1.4.5.1, 2.0.1, 2.1
    - webOS 2.1.2
    - webOS 1.4.5
    - Smartphone Accessories
    - Future Smartphones

Apps & Software
    - webOS (General)
    - Enyo Apps
    - Mojo Apps Pre "Classic", Pre "Classic" Plus, Pre 2
    - Mojo Apps Pixi
    - Wallpapers
    - Development
    - Developers

Homebrew
    - Apps
    - Patches
    - Themes

Service Providers
    - GSM (USA) AT&T Mobility
    - CDMA (USA) Verizon Wireless
    - ROW

Others
    - General Discussion
    - Off Topic
    - Apple Devices and Other Crap
    - Marketplace
    - Site Feedback

UPDATED VERSION of your list
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    Renaming is easy.

Attached Images Attached Images
    try clearing your cache sketch... see if that helps
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    try clearing your cache sketch... see if that helps
    That never works =P

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    sketch whats up dude lol
    ĦṔ-ḶψΨṫ-ŦḯΨη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Seems to render differently in Firefox and IE.
    I get the "Sketch42" look in Firefox, but the correct view (with the new smartphones) in IE8.

???
    "Sometimes I feel like an OS-less child..."
    (with apologies to Billie Holiday )
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    sketch whats up dude lol
    SHANE!!! Where ya been?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by C-Note View Post
    Seems to render differently in Firefox and IE.
    I get the "Sketch42" look in Firefox, but the correct view (with the new smartphones) in IE8.

???
    I got a look named after me.. Sweet... =D

Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Is it just me or are all the threads URLs's now landing on "discussion.treocentral.com"?

# curl -s http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touchpad/ | grep -c discussion.treocentral.com
    # curl -s http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touchpad/ | grep -c forums.precentral.net

Also, are thread ratings permanently being removed?

Thanks
    Palm III -> Treo 90 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> Pixi -> Sprint FrankenPixi+ -> Blackberry Bold 9930
    I'm haveing an odd issue where it doesn't show I am logged in but I can still do everything like I am logged in. Also alot of the topics route to the Treo|Central forums.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
    We do know about the TreoCentral issue popping up.. please see this thread for that discussion:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/si...o-central.html