Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Well hello everybody.

In case you haven't heard, I'm leaving Smartphone Experts today:

backlon - So I’m leaving Smartphone Experts

A few things I'll add / emphasize to that note. SPE (and PreCentral) is going to be Just Fine without me. I've been in a supporting role for quite awhile here and there are plenty of people to pick up my work. I'm not leaving because there's anything wrong here.

Secondly, PreCentral will also continue to be the biggest and best place for all things webOS. Yes, we'll be changing the name, but we won't change how we break news, support developers, and serve as the central hub for this OS. Derek is taking over as main editor for PreCentral, so do wish him well.

On the forums, our kick-*** moderator team led by ronbo2000 and many others also aren't going anywhere and will actually be getting more technical support going forward than I could provide on my own. These fine people are going to make sure this community continues to grow and thrive.

Thirdly and most importantly: I love you all. For serious. I registered at VisorCentral back in February of 2001 and ever since then VC / TC / PC has been the online community I've felt most-connected with. Though many years watching this corporation we've celebrated new gadgets, helped each other solve problems, complained about underperformance, clung to each other in the dark times, fought off waves of Concern Trolls, and shared little pieces of our lives with each other. It's been wonderful and make no mistake: I'm not going to up and leave. I'll still be here, but as Member Dieter Bohn, not Editor-in-Chief of Smartphone Experts Dieter Bohn.

This being PreCentral, some of you are probably wondering if I have some secret opinions about webOS that I will share now that I'm leaving. Nope, not really. I still think it's the OS with the best framework and the most potential - but mainly because so much of that potential is unfulfilled right now. It will be interesting to see if HP can execute where Palm could not. I'll be watching and waiting with the rest of you to see if that happens.
    Wow! Best of luck. Thanks for everything you've done to build such a fantastic community.
    I feel as if my dog just got hit by a car.

WAH!!!!!

Good luck to you. Thanks for everything.
    We love you too, dude.
    thanks, where are you going?
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Thanks for all your hard work in the past. I recently just had to jump ship to Android, but still like to keep in touch with Pre Central. Really hoping HP rights the ship soon.
    Best of luck!!

My favorite quote...
    "Greeeeetings mobile accomplishers".
    Wow
    Happy for your new life
    Jealous of California: enjoy the surf and fun!

Sad for us--you are truly a "unique visitor" as they say in the biz

ps what's the new name for precentral and when is it going live?
    Last edited by bluenote; 06/02/2011 at 10:59 AM.
    Good luck Dieter!! Gonna miss you.

BIG congrats to Derek on the promotion... the new top dog in webOS!

Hello, my name is Derek, and I'll be your host at PreCentral | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community
    Global Posts
    877 Global Posts
    Congrats Dieter! Congrats Derek! Godspeed to both of you.
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Dieter,

Nothing but best wishes for a bright future. Enjoy your trip west. I look forward to your next endeavor.......you've been great. Going to miss you on the podcasts!

Jack
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    I trust this means good things in your life, so congratulations to you and good luck in your journey. As a VC / TC / PC member, I thank you for guiding us on this crazy ride so far. You will be missed, but we look forward to hearing from the new Dieter Bohn, member. uh, I mean...
    I am going to imagine Derek's voice is yours, but it'll be hard. Kinda like imagining Mr. Rogers' voice is Mr. T.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Hope things continue to look up for you. Best wishes!
    Thanks for all your hard work over the last 10 years!

Wish you the best in your new endeavors out west.
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    This is a grave loss indeed.
    Thank you for your years of community support, and please, don't leave the mobile news space! Good luck to you in everything you pursue. You have about a hundred thousand people here who are willing to be good job references
    LongLivePalm
    Deiter - I always appreciated your candor and objectivity - wherever you go next, please know I (and Im sure everyone else here at PC) wish you nothing but good fortune!

Derek - You "DA Man" now... I know you'll do a great job! Congratulations!
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Thank you and good luck!
    Don't forget the centro spot

Good luck and see you later
    Good luck!
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast