Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    It's no mystery: there is a hater among us who literally goes through ever thread in the new HP device forums and downrates positive threads and uprates threads that are anti-webOS or complaints.

I say you, the admins, either disable thread ratings everywhere but OT and the developer forums, where this is not a problem, or instead show us who voted with what rating somehow, so we can know what coward does it.

Because really, I can't stand it when someone posts a positive, pro-weBOS review or commentary from the general tech media, and some moron trollbag decides to downrate it because they feel that HP has PERSONALLY offended them in some way, shape or form and subsequently, they don't even deserve to be on this forum at all.

Can we please do something about this?

Thanks.
    If they disabled thread ratings only in certain forums, the trolls would just go to the other forums. The only solution is to get rid of thread ratings completely...
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    People actually pay attention to the thread ratings?
    Thread ratings average out. If one person goes and gives something a one star and four people go give it a five star the average rating is a four star. Ratings anywhere run the risk of someone blatantly attempt to sabotage the rating, but in theory...it doesn't work.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Obviously the Troll does.
    Well, thread ratings don't really mean crap in the first place, but it's annoying seeing all the 1-star ratings everywhere. lol lol
    Last edited by Garrett92C; 05/13/2011 at 07:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    Thread ratings average out. If one person goes and gives something a one star and four people go give it a five star the average rating is a four star. Ratings anywhere run the risk of someone blatantly attempt to sabotage the rating, but in theory...it doesn't work.
    Yes that's true, but it seems the only people who even bother to rate threads are the trolls. The overall rating never gets evened out...

PC should just get rid of them completely.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Well, thread ratings don't really mean poopy doo in the first place, but it's annoying seeing all the 1-star ratings everywhere. lol lol
    I agree! I've seen good discussions with 1 star ratings, but there was nothing terrible about the thread. Maybe a difference of opinion but nothing out of hand. Healthy discussion seems to merit 1 star for some reason. The mods shut down what they think are bad or redundant threads so I don't get why everything is 1 star.

To counter, just rate the thread "excellent", it'll even out to "good".
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    We've reported the issue to check and see if there is a setting we have internally to track who is rating threads. In the meantime, if you see one like that, just rate it 'up' yourself and it will raise that average rating up. I've never really gone by the thread ratings, but it is a bit annoying to see someone act like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    We've reported the issue to check and see if there is a setting we have internally to track who is rating threads. In the meantime, if you see one like that, just rate it 'up' yourself and it will raise that average rating up. I've never really gone by the thread ratings, but it is a bit annoying to see someone act like that.
    ik i don't have that kind of time!...jeez
    Palm IIIx >>> Palm V >>> Palm Vx >>> Tungsten T5 >>> webOS 2.1 emulator

Pre|central Peacekeepers
    SO easy anyone can do it! HP webOS First App Tutorial

If i have helped you; please click the Thanks button.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  11.    #11  
    Seriously? Doing it to this thread? That's like doing a drive-by at a police station.

I think the administration here is way too lenient. I'd be swingin' the ban hammer constantly.
    I've never even noticed there were ratings before this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by finngirl View Post
    I've never even noticed there were ratings before this thread.
    +1....never even paid any attention to it...
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

I don't avoid a thread because it only has one star, and I'm not necessarily drawn to read a thread because it has five.

Titles that grab my interest are the threads I read.
    I say if the trolls 'get off' on the rating system, remove it. I certainly never pay any attention to it. I wouldn't know how to or care about how to rate a thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I don't avoid a thread because it only has one star, and I'm not necessarily drawn to read a thread because it has five.

Titles that grab my interest are the threads I read.
    Same here, but I still don't understand the 1 star people. I can see where IGNTNUNLMTD is coming from. 1 star on I'd say a good 80%.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    LOL funny.
    read....

Go into the admincp> Settings>options> scroll down to User reputation options>

Then under minimum post count change it to whatever you want. NOTE* they will still be able to send rep but it will show as a grey box..this means the rep does not count and has no effect.

If you want disable users with a certain amount of rep from even being able to use the rep system then, you need to create a new user group, set the post count to be in that user group to your liking, then go to

Admincp>Usergroup>usergroup manager select the group you made>hit go>scroll down to use reputation permissions> and tick>can use reputation to no.

This way only users in the usergroup you created will be able to use the rep system. So basically make a new usergroup and edit it. allowing only members with your post count requirment to access the rep system.
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    LOL funny.
    read....

Go into the admincp> Settings>options> scroll down to User reputation options>

Then under minimum post count change it to whatever you want. NOTE* they will still be able to send rep but it will show as a grey box..this means the rep does not count and has no effect.

If you want disable users with a certain amount of rep from even being able to use the rep system then, you need to create a new user group, set the post count to be in that user group to your liking, then go to

Admincp>Usergroup>usergroup manager select the group you made>hit go>scroll down to use reputation permissions> and tick>can use reputation to no.

This way only users in the usergroup you created will be able to use the rep system. So basically make a new usergroup and edit it. allowing only members with your post count requirment to access the rep system.
    +1
    Palm IIIx >>> Palm V >>> Palm Vx >>> Tungsten T5 >>> webOS 2.1 emulator

Pre|central Peacekeepers
    SO easy anyone can do it! HP webOS First App Tutorial

If i have helped you; please click the Thanks button.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  19.    #19  
    Hell, after what I'm seeing on here today, I say go even more drastic: ban EVERYONE who nay-says HP/Palm, as this is a fan forum, not a troll forum, and a lot of the GOOD members are leaving because they're sick of it.

I cannot believe I have to defend webOS on a webOS forum. Frankly, this is disgusting and I think the mods need to be a lot more heavy-handed.
    Quote Originally Posted by IGNTNUNLMTD View Post
    Hell, after what I'm seeing on here today, I say go even more drastic: ban EVERYONE who nay-says HP/Palm, as this is a fan forum, not a troll forum, and a lot of the GOOD members are leaving because they're sick of it.

I cannot believe I have to defend webOS on a webOS forum. Frankly, this is disgusting and I think the mods need to be a lot more heavy-handed.
    Well, guess I'm getting banned then. lol
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast