Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    That would be against the spirit of a discussion board. Banning those who truly cause trouble is one thing, but you can't force everyone to like webOS.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by IGNTNUNLMTD View Post
    Hell, after what I'm seeing on here today, I say go even more drastic: ban EVERYONE who nay-says HP/Palm, as this is a fan forum, not a troll forum, and a lot of the GOOD members are leaving because they're sick of it.

I cannot believe I have to defend webOS on a webOS forum. Frankly, this is disgusting and I think the mods need to be a lot more heavy-handed.
    If you see trolling, hit the 'report' button in that thread and we'll take care of it if it is ideed an issue. Our Letter to Members outlines our stance for the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    LOL funny.
    read....

Go into the admincp> Settings>options> scroll down to User reputation options>

Then under minimum post count change it to whatever you want. NOTE* they will still be able to send rep but it will show as a grey box..this means the rep does not count and has no effect.

If you want disable users with a certain amount of rep from even being able to use the rep system then, you need to create a new user group, set the post count to be in that user group to your liking, then go to

Admincp>Usergroup>usergroup manager select the group you made>hit go>scroll down to use reputation permissions> and tick>can use reputation to no.

This way only users in the usergroup you created will be able to use the rep system. So basically make a new usergroup and edit it. allowing only members with your post count requirment to access the rep system.
    thats for "Thanks" not thread ratings
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    That would be against the spirit of a discussion board. Banning those who truly cause trouble is one thing, but you can't force everyone to like webOS.
    who said???
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Oh no, the One Star Moron strikes again!
    oh
    my
    god

i think i just pooped my pants
    Last edited by fxspec06; 05/15/2011 at 07:45 PM.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Oh no, the One Star Moron strikes again!

Very simple. Auto-ban members who give more than 5 1-star ratings a day.
    He won't make it to the second round.
    Great! You've given him a Title.
    Now he's going to think he's some sort of SuperHero fighting for the good of all those who troll on webOS.

Way to go, GFN!
    Who wants to start the first ever Five-Star Gang? I'll make an image we can all put in our signature or over our avatars..

To keep balance in the forumz as we chase the mysterious One Starred Morons
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

I think someone already did go through and rate some threads higher. I'm seeing more balance today.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I think someone already did go through and rate some threads higher. I'm seeing more balance today.
    Hardly.

I'm all for starting a group that five-stars positive-attitude threads until the administration removes the rating system or catches the One Star Moron.
    It just dawned upon me...

RUSH is the One Star Moron. God, how I miss the fellow.
    More likely its zmann

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    It just dawned upon me...

RUSH is the One Star Moron. God, how I miss the fellow.
    He did provide months worth of entertainment.... haha
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    More likely its zmann

Nah, I don't see zmann wasting his time rating all these threads. lol
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    With three girls at home, he's too busy barricading all entry and exit points.
    9?.... yeah... Bad taste I lnow..lol ltm

I personally don't pay that much attention to the ratings, but it has got to a point where an innocent wanted post looking a Verizon modem is ranked one star...

http://forums.precentral.net/marketp...omm-board.html

At least it's not like the tags where it gets offensive.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIΙ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  15.    #35  
    Since the administration clearly has no incentive to fix this issue, how much is it worth to you? My wallet is feeling fat.
    We can fix this issue ourselves by voting more. If you see an unfair 1 star thread in your opinion, vote it up. Thread ratings are mainly matters of opinion anyway.

do the thread ratings actually affect anything? if not, why bother..
    Well apparently it off the OP, that's 1 effect lol. I say counter any negative votes, your opinion counts too.

I never, ever use ratings for threads (- either rating them myself or pay attention to their ratings to help me decide on whether it interests me or not) - the real draw for me to a thread is its topic - the subject.

Personally, I'd like to see the ability to rate threads given only to the moderators, and not the members - the moderators can then rate it as to how well the discussion has stayed on topic and its "decorum" - those threads that go way off topic would then have a really poor rating and have to be closed.

On a side note - its sad that a scant few can cause so much disruption and distraction for so many - my suggestion to everyone else is to ignore that which isn't relevant or important to you, or this forum - when you react, the instigator wins - when you have enough concentration and focus to just let the rhetoric slide on by, he/she loses.

IMO, of course.
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

It boils down to this... this is a community, and if you see someone being a jerk and giving a 1-star rating to a positive thread - help out and counter it with a positive rating of 5 stars (or whatever you want). It may only take one member to be a jerk, but a community banding together over something as minuscule as this definitely helps that community out. One voice may think he's standing out, but a whole group of voices can drown him out. Yes, thread ratings may not mean much, but if a new member posts and a jerk give it a 1 star - that's a reflection on the community as a whole.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast