Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    on my Pre? There's no problem with any other website, but when i load precentral either through the browser or the app, only a small section at the top is loaded and the rest is gray checkerboard. Anybody know what could be causing this?
    Getting the same here. It's a recent thing as it's been fine all along. I also had a desktop issue where I could only see the forums and not the homepage, but it's been resolved.
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    Getting the same here. It's a recent thing as it's been fine all along. I also had a desktop issue where I could only see the forums and not the homepage, but it's been resolved.
    I feel like it's been at least a week now, and I'm surprised I didn't se any other topics about this issue in the forums
    Are getting some kind of error message? I don't issues on my Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000 View Post
    Are getting some kind of error message? I don't issues on my Pre.
    nope. It's working fine as of this morning. But it just wasn't loading the full page only a small part of it. It seems to be fine now
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    It has been doing the same thing to me for a while now...not on all stories but on most of them.
    I've been viewing the mobile version on my Pre- for what seems like forever. But for the past two monthsish I cant leave a comment after articles. VERY poor PreCentral. And for the last two weeks have had problems loading the articles. When I scroll down I get grey checkered boxes. Why in the hell is this happening now? Its gonna make me visit the site far less if I have to go to a PC to view and comment.
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    Having same issues on my Pre too. Both Full and Mobile sites. So very frusterating.
    Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    Yep, same here. Part loads then checkerboard. Sometimes with some convincing and a few reloads it'll come up. Unless an article is apealing enough I don't bother trying to read them anymore. Hopefully one day it'll be fixed.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Been happening to me too on the articles. Glad I'm not the only one, I thought my phone was having connection issues or something..
    i've been having the same problem. im glad to see im not the only one. for a moment i thought there was something wrong with my phone.
    What software versions are you running? We've tried recreating the issue and have had no such "luck".
    I'm having the same issue on my Verizon Pre Plus 1.4.5. It's been happening for about two weeks. It's impossible to read some articles because half will be checkerboard. Sometimes if I try again later I can get the whole article to show up.
    These issues with the site were the last straw for me. This combined with the horrible grammar and syntax in 90% of the front page articles is what has forced me to switch to webOSroundup as my main go to for information regarding webOS. They have an official and very good mobile app too. I only come to precentral for the forum community now.

EDIT: running 2.1 on a FrankenPre2 but had this issue with my Pre- running 1.4.5 and 2.1 as well

EDIT 2: when I was experiencing these issues with the site loading, most of the time, if I closed the app and re-opened it a couple times, it would properly load the whole article(s).
    Last edited by blue duck butter; 05/11/2011 at 08:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by blue duck butter View Post
    These issues with the site were the last straw for me. This combined with the horrible grammar and syntax in 90% of the front page articles is what has forced me to switch to webOSroundup as my main go to for information regarding webOS. They have an official and very good mobile app too. I only come to precentral for the forum community now.

EDIT: running 2.1 on a FrankenPre2 but had this issue with my Pre- running 1.4.5 and 2.1 as well

EDIT 2: when I was experiencing these issues with the site loading, most of the time, if I closed the app and re-opened it a couple times, it would properly load the whole article(s).
    webOS Roundup has a pretty awesome app. How does Precentral not have an official app after all this time?
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 05/11/2011 at 08:58 PM. Reason: fixed quote
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Yes! WebOS Roundup has a pretty awesome app. How does Precentral not have an official app after all this time?
    P.S. I made a second edit to my post after you quoted me, stating how I would temporarily get around the issue of the articles not loading.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    I have been having this problem as well, but mostly with the mobile version. It is becoming quite frustrating, however I am glad it's not just me. I am on a pre+ running 1.4.5.
    Quote Originally Posted by BoraWare View Post
    Yep, same here. Part loads then checkerboard. Sometimes with some convincing and a few reloads it'll come up. Unless an article is apealing enough I don't bother trying to read them anymore. Hopefully one day it'll be fixed.
    When you get that checkerboard problem, rotate your phone to landscape then back to portrait. See if that fixes it.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    When you get that checkerboard problem, rotate your phone to landscape then back to portrait. See if that fixes it.
    I have tried the rotation trick to fix it but it doesn't work. In fact I have found that I really can't do anything because it seems to freeze up the browzer. I have to close it and wait for a few minutes before I can even reload the page. This prob. is mostly just for the mobile version for me...in fact I have now added the regular page as a bookmark because it is mostly still usable for me. Also the Precentral News app doesn't load the pages any better. Thanks for trying to help with the issue!
    I'm having the same problem - page won't load, browser freezes up completely. It's a Sprint pre-, 1.45. Newsroom stopped working at the same time, no idea if it's related. The problem is persistent, regardless of data connection. I think the only recent change I've made was adding freetether, but I'm pretty sure the problem preceded that install.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast