Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    same problem for me too, was wondering if it was only me, rotating phone doesnt help, the browser locks the phone too pre plus att 1.4.5 , seems like it started when those stupid blackberry ads started
    It does seem like it started happening around the time of the blackberry ads.

As an aside: Right after Feb. 9, when they kept that banner/link at the top of the site (the one for the TouchPad, Veer and Pre3), the precentral app stopped showing the latest news articles they were posting. This was directly related to that banner and I believe this current problem could possibly be related to the new 'pop up' playbook ads.
    Yeah this problem has made reading articles on the front page mostly impossible. Works maybe 30% of the time. I'll get part of the article and then a checkerboard pattern. The actual front page works fine. Its just when you go into the articles. The problem that is worse is that it renders the browser unusable so you can't click on a link or go to another site. You have to close and start the browser again. I haven't had any issues with the forums. This happens on both the stock and universe browsers.
    We've reported the issue again and will see if they can find anything for you. Thank you!
    Is this issue still persisting? I kicked a bunch of nerds but can't replicate myself so it's hard for me to troubleshoot directly
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    I had it happen today with the third article I tried to read. It was the app giveaway one and got stuck with 2 or 3 lines of text below the image. I did however successfully read the Amazon one and the HP partners one before it happened, which did seem to be an improvement maybe?? Anyways thanks for trying to figure out the prob.
    Problem still there on Pre- standard browser with mobile site or precentral unoffical app (read the latest comments on it in app catalog). I can say that just wait long enough loads the whole site (can be 1min+). And it never happens on frontpage for me. So to start the search i would check external links/pics/content appearing in mobile article view only.
    Yep, still happening to me. I don't even bother trying to read the articles on my pre anymore, just a daily check to see if it works, then a few minutes of suffering through the browser crash.

It seems just fine on my wife's Veer, though.
    btw i also have long tabcycling (loading) in standard Firefox 3.6.17 on non mobilesite mainly searching for static.ak.fbcdn.net sometimes also google statsitics.

there are serveral entries because of slow loading fbcdn.net slow - Google-Suche
    The articles loaded properly a few times since my first post but they've been freezing up again lately. It's frustrating having to come to a computer to try and get webOS news. I appreciate your efforts to address this problem
    Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    It's still doing it for me though the rotate in and out of landscape trick works for me now whereas it used to not. Sprint Pre- 1.4.5 here.
    Pre- 1.4.5 and it causes a HARD lock of the browser. Had to pull the battery a few times since it started happening. P|C is the only site I'm having a problem with. I also notice that WebOSRoundup, Giz, Engadget, PhoneArena, etc. all have "true" html5 mobile sites while P|C's seems like a WAP version.

I also have not been able to comment\reply to posts on any articles for quite some time which is really, really, frustrating especially when someone is slamming with misinformation. May give up mobile viewing which is 90% of my time on PC... :/
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    I also have not been able to comment\reply to posts on any articles for quite some time which is really, really, frustrating especially when someone is slamming with misinformation.
    good to see someone else feeling the same...
    hope somebody can work this out.
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    Pre- 1.4.5 and it causes a HARD lock of the browser. Had to pull the battery a few times since it started happening. P|C is the only site I'm having a problem with. I also notice that WebOSRoundup, Giz, Engadget, PhoneArena, etc. all have "true" html5 mobile sites while P|C's seems like a WAP version.

I also have not been able to comment\reply to posts on any articles for quite some time which is really, really, frustrating especially when someone is slamming with misinformation. May give up mobile viewing which is 90% of my time on PC... :/
    same here, I wont be using PC anymore
    Pre-, 1.4.5. The mobile version seems slower to load the images than in the past, and then truncates the articles with the dreaded checkerboard. Sometimes I can get more of the article via refresh, but often not. Full site version shows the checkerboard, but only briefly, & the rest of the article loads. But full site version is painful to use on the Pre minus. Dieter, you can get the mobile version fixed, I know you can!!!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I am able to load the articles via Newsroom, so whatever the cause, it is stripped away in the feed. You should look at what is in the feed vs. The full HTML, then try removing one thing at a time to find the route problem.
    This has got to be some sort of javascript related problem. I'm evening experiencing loading issues in Firefox 4.0 in Windows 7. I regularly need to press the stop button or ESC to tell firefox to stop downloading various scripts. Before I stop the loading the drop menus at the top of the site do not work and the site will endlessly "be loading". This has been going on for a couple weeks now and I suspect it's the same issue causing the problems on our phones. Could it be a bad ad?
    it all started around the time the playbook ads started.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Add me to the list of people having this problem. It's been at least a couple of months. Pre-, overclocked.
    I love reading pre-central and the forums. I haven't homebrewed my launch day sprint pre ( still have same pree too) but I still like to read about what everyone does to theirs. So when all of this started happening to me on my pre I thought something was wrong with my hardware. I started to think I was done reading pre central as no one seemed to be talking about the problem. So I'm in good company and maybe the problems loading the pages will be repaired and the option to comment will return. Thanks to everyone who makes this the first and last place I check everyday.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast