Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    i cant decide which is funnier: 1) they are agressively advertising on a site that houses the devices biggest critics 2) all of the quotes in the ad suggest that the playbook isnt THAT good. you can tell they took the least damaging comments from otherwise lackluster reviews.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    2) all of the quotes in the ad suggest that the playbook isnt THAT good. you can tell they took the least damaging comments from otherwise lackluster reviews.
    Hey, at least it can give the SAMSUNG tablet a run for it's money...

(not that pretty much any other Android tablet out there can't, but no one needs to know that little detail...)
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltcreep View Post
    ..all these Playbook ads have go to go! Just saying...
    If RIM wants to waste its money trying to lure away webOS fans, I say let them.
    "Visits? Well that would indicate visitors."
    "Future events such as these will affect you in the future."
    The typical banner ads don't bother me.. Its just the huge pop up ad that makes me want to immediately leave the site. Especially since it had too load the "x" or "close" button forcing you to see the ad.
    "We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes non-work."
    It's as though the precentral.net design team and the advertising team for HP|Palm are the same... abject failures. I can think of no other quicker way to drive traffic away from this site.
    Avatars.... <hrumpphh> I guess, since all the cool kids are doing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannoz View Post
    It's as though the precentral.net design team and the advertising team for HP|Palm are the same... abject failures. I can think of no other quicker way to drive traffic away from this site.
    Completely agree, I'll have to browse the PC forums using the Forums app from now on. These popup ads are ridiculous.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I don't seem to be getting these ads! Maybe because I'm in the UK? ... I'm not complaining though... honest!
    AdBlockPlus ftw. Haven't seen any popups in a while. As for banners, I've apparently trained myself not to register them anymore. I couldn't tell you the contents of any I've seen in a while.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    I would be totally fine with these ads if I could swipe them up to make them go away!
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    AdBlockPlus ftw. Haven't seen any popups in a while. As for banners, I've apparently trained myself not to register them anymore. I couldn't tell you the contents of any I've seen in a while.
    I'm ok with banner ads. I notice interesting ads, I click them every once in a while. However, due to this popup ad fiasco, I'll just browse using the Forums app, so I won't be seeing any ads. Thanks for making the decision easy, PC.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Why not a TouchPad advertizing? Are you kidding PC?

This BB Ad is annoying
    Isn't there already a thread on this?

Depending on their relationship with their advertisers, P|C probably doesn't have control over what ads are displayed.
    adblock plus for the win
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Hmmm, maybe is HP HAD an ad it could display here. Seems like they are counting only on word of mouth for now.
    Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    The more you mention Playb***, the more their ad engines think it is appropriate for this site...
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    adblock plus for the win
    this
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    adblock plus for the win
    Support webOS developers and only browser the PC forums using the Forums app.
    P|C is part of Smartphone Experts which does all platforms and controls this site.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Quote Originally Posted by aapold View Post
    The more you mention Playb***, the more their ad engines think it is appropriate for this site...
    Very good point. This is a common problem with adservers. Just try reading political blogs and see the ads keep coming for the opposition party! Pretty infuriating sometimes..
    Quote Originally Posted by aapold View Post
    Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook Playbook

I don't know how people are triggering that popup as much as they say they are. I've seen it once in a blue moon. Maybe because I'm using Opera?

Regardless I don't even see the full ad because I have plug-ins set on "Click to Activate" so all I see is the black out and a big play button that i exit out of.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast