1.    #1  
    I think the trolls have moved their battleground from the tags to the ratings system.

How could a thread like Greg's excellent messaging plugins got one star (I bumped it back to 3)?

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...webos-2-x.html

I'm seeing a lot of other random threads getting one-stared as well...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    I've noticed this lately, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I've noticed this lately, too.
    Same here. "Drive by trolling" is the new trend?
  4.    #4  
    And just as we speak some troll downranked this thread...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    this happens across the whole forum and all threads, regardless what they contain...

is nobody able to track down these idiots?
    Quote Originally Posted by rot View Post
    this happens across the whole forum and all threads, regardless what they contain...

is nobody able to track down these idiots?
    Freedom of speech.
    I call them 'One Star Morons'.
    It's because one's life is so pitiful, that trolling gives one a certain feeling of self worth.

Seriously.

Others seem to do it as a kick.
    Again, pitiful. Is one's life so absent of value that trolling adds some sort of excitement to their otherwise empty life?

But, then, it might be bitterness.
    Maybe one feels like they've been wronged, and hanging out here trolling gives them the feeling of getting even.
    I can't say in the year and a half or so, that I've been around, how a thread was rated influenced whether I read it or not. Title and what I could catch off the floater box with my mouse hovering over it sually made the defision for me..

I have noticed the "tides", if you will, of trolls. Aems to me we're going thfough another "low" period, or I've learned which threads to stay out of.

Amazing how much time and effort some put into it.

Maybe they act like that in real life, and drive everyone as crazy there as they do herel and as a result, we're their only "friends".....hahaha...

(even thought it was pointed out, I'm probably still not going to pay any ayention to the star ratings, although I may start rating threads, providing they are deserving )
    Good point, Sledge;
    I haven't noticed myself reading or ignoring a thread because of its star rating.
    I didn't even know the threads had ratings until I read this!

LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    I didn't even know the threads had ratings until I read this!

LOL
    +1 for me too, forgot to add earlier.

on that note 5 stars for this thread
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2¢ about anything. I may however, give a nickel